Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Scam Technique to watch for

Old 03-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where from Indiana is this guy? i am from Indianapolis and go home to NW Indiana. Hammond/East Chicago/Highland/crown point region.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

This sounds bad to me...I received a PM from " transamracer " about a FAST intake I'm looking for. I noticed he became a member one day after I listed my thread, and will not use Paypal either. He wants Western Union payment, even when I told him I'd send a Postal Money order, which is as good as cash, so I'm real hesitant on my purchase attempt. Has anybody heard of my guy?? If you then add to his "other" strangeness, he's from Goshen, IN really making it suspicious.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DON'T SEND THE MONEY TO HIM!!! Its probably the same same guy and thought he could change his name and scam some more people. This guy needs to be setup and finally caught.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Launching!

Alright i hear everyone talking about this tidussloan guy... well heres the story about him, i posted a WTB subframe connector and like everyone else he wanted western union and i told him i only have paypal and people get screwed over western union and hes like man i would not do that to anyone i use it for my business which this is what he said "i do have a cell but its a work cell i can only use it to make calls, if u want to talk to me just give me ur number and i can call you. Im not out to rip anyone off man i own a saltwater fish business and use western union almost daily for transactions, western union has all of my information in there system i have a western union gold sellers account with them through my business." yea its fishy bc if you have a work phone why couldnt you call out on it???? how are you suppose to do business..... yea fishy fu** thats what he is, also i gave him my cell # and he never called me once and then he told me that he was selling me a $220 sub frame connectors and i told him they are cheaper than that and this is what he said to me " Fine then go buy them I'm already selling u a pair of 290 dollar connectors for 130 if u don't want them then don't buy them I'm not goin any lower on the price" so if i were you guys i would stay away from this loser.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lildemars09
Im not out to rip anyone off man i own a saltwater fish business .........
This is the same line that I got from "transamracer" on the FAST intake I wanted to buy from him. After giving him some information, he never contacted me back either....I would not be surpriesed if both our people are the same.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

Hopefully if theyre not the same people they all get what they deserve. I cant stand a ******* thief. Thanks for looking out guys.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Guess I can get added to the list of people getting beat by transamracer/Aaron Bean

Got the same story about a set of gears, the guy wouldnt use paypal etc etc I sent him $150 a week ago. Wish I would have checked the negative trader feedback stuff sooner...guess I can kiss that money goodbye now
Old 05-07-2011, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by spicebird98
Guess I can get added to the list of people getting beat by transamracer/Aaron Bean

Got the same story about a set of gears, the guy wouldnt use paypal etc etc I sent him $150 a week ago. Wish I would have checked the negative trader feedback stuff sooner...guess I can kiss that money goodbye now
Live and learn. That sucks man, just remember there is no reason to use anything but paypal unless you're picking up the item and paying cash. Who doesnt have access to a paypal and a bank account these days? Always pay with a credit card and paypal, that way you can call your credit card company if you never get anything.

Last edited by wooddaniel; 05-07-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Launching!

I had a similar situation happen to me just today. A member named xshawnjones pm'd me about my wtb thread with a stock picture of kooks headers from maryland racing and said he/she didn't have a pic of the actual headers. Then they said they didn't really want to do paypal and went right to Western Union. I'm not sure if this person is one of the seemingly new breed of 'tech scam artists, but they just joined this month and only have 3 posts and no trader rating. I had to turn him/her down, just not worth the risk.

****, why do some people have to sully the waters of our lagoon of peace?!?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrnorm_hemicide
I had a similar situation happen to me just today. A member named xshawnjones pm'd me about my wtb thread with a stock picture of kooks headers from maryland racing and said he/she didn't have a pic of the actual headers. Then they said they didn't really want to do paypal and went right to Western Union. I'm not sure if this person is one of the seemingly new breed of 'tech scam artists, but they just joined this month and only have 3 posts and no trader rating. I had to turn him/her down, just not worth the risk.

We just need to keep bumping this up, it should possibly be a sticky in th FS section. I know there is a list of fraud scam techniques in the rules, but Maybe more people would read it if it had it's own thread. Just gotta be smart about ****, only use paypal for online stuff and pay with a credit card. You should never western union anyone for anything online. Plus if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. I try to research stuff as much as possible to see what it goes for. If the price is ridiculously low, I don't even bother with it.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mrnorm_hemicide

She tried to sell me some pacesetters. She gave me a picture but when I asked for one with a username and date I never heard back. Her story doesn't add up. Through her posts either.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by superssport
She tried to sell me some pacesetters. She gave me a picture but when I asked for one with a username and date I never heard back. Her story doesn't add up. Through her posts either.
Wow, sounds like this xshawnjones character really is sketchy as hell. God these people **** me off. If not for these douchebags we'd be able to buy and sell without pissing our pants worrying about getting screwed over
Old 05-21-2011, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

interesting read here, ive been dealing with xshawnjones and "she" sent me a reply to my wtb hp tuners thread..says theyll only use western union,and i told them i would buy it for 340 shipped, and she said shell knock 20 off if i use western union.. and her and her fam. use it all the time. glad i searched their name, they only have 3 posts and created an acct here within the month.know now to stay away!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Default XshawnJones

xshawnjones is also from indiana....ive got 2 address's on him terre haute and goshen. He only wanted to use western union also. Wont give me a telephone number. Says his wife has to get on because he works all the time.
HE IS A SCAMMER!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was told by "her" that he is in the militarry and said to sell off all his car parts to pay for the rent
Old 05-25-2011, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JaYZeig
i was told by "her" that he is in the militarry and said to sell off all his car parts to pay for the rent
This was also the story I got. I searched the past posts and there was one saying he worked for gm. That's when I knew the story didn't match up.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Think I found where he really works at, Best buy the name and address he give me I looked it up on Facebook and Callen Lowe come up so I looked up he's info and it is the same as the info he give me. It says he works at Best buy so Im about to call down there tomorrow and find out! Also I sent him a message on FB asking where the F--- my intake was and I was gonna find him!! an hour later his reply was on his wall "I mash tatters like I mash hatters" any other guy would have sent me a message back saying you have the wrong guy.....
Old 05-26-2011, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Keep us posted

Call his employer and speak with a manager. Explain the story, they will not appreciate a thief. Of course this will only work if you are certain he is your Scammer.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Best Buy in Indiana? Sounds like another Aaron Beane scam.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Teching In

I have done some investigating and found out that Aaron Bean and Callen Lowe just so happen to be friends on facebook and went to the same high school and live in the same town!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scam Technique to watch for