Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Questionable seller tidussloan

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questionable seller tidussloan

Put a WTB G8 or 2010 Camaro SS exhaust manifolds in the parts wanted portion of the classifieds.
Although I realize there are people who don't like Pay Pal.
This person seems VERY suspicious.

The following occurred.

Originally Posted by tidussloan
i have a set i could sell, pm me an offer.

Quote:Originally Posted by brian g
80$ shipped to 98660

Quote:Originally Posted by tidussloan
that sounds fair i suppose. i do not have a paypal account tho. You more than welcome to come pick them up if you live near northern indiana. Otherwise we will have to figure out another way to transfer the money, lmk what u think.

Quote:Originally Posted by brian g
Your start date is this month, you have 0 trader rating.
I'll pay per pay pal only.
I'll also need a pic of the manifolds with a current date attached.Quote:
Also, the manifolds will need to be shipped to 98660.
Thanks

well i refuse to use paypal so i guess there is not point in sending the pictures.

After stating that I felt he was possibly not believable I got this reply (Also,I clearly stated there was shipping required to 98660)

idk what that means, but if ur trying to say im a scammer because i wont use paypal then whatever. I have my reasons why i wont use it. Your more than welcome to come pick the manifolds up from my house tho!

7 minutes later I got this message.

rofl! nice thread! how in the hell does me inviting you to my house to pick up the manifolds sound anywhere near "suspicious"? Did your mother drop you on your head as a child? Wow if anyone replies to that thread agreeing with you i will laugh my *** off you retard.

This person was savvy enough to check the trader rating threads a FEW minutes after I sent a reply stating I thought he might not be legitimate.....Wow, I wonder if he/she has done this before?
You guys be the judges, I'm done with this person.

Last edited by brian g; 03-19-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Launching!

Sounds like you did the right thing and didn't give 80 bucks away to a scammer.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

I smell something fishy, I stay away
Old 03-19-2011, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Looks like he may have scammed others!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...e-watch-2.html
Old 03-19-2011, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't deal with people that have less than a few months. ESP without paypal.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

yeah,everyone hates paypal, they suck and their greedy(ebay go figure) but just flat out getting scammed out of your money is much worse,no pp, no transaction i dont think they do c.o.d s anymore cause all the problems over the years but that would be nice for online purchases,at least you would know your actually getting a part
Old 03-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

that guy seems llike a low life pos that needs to get a job
Old 03-19-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like aaron bean?

hey the seller said he is in n/w indiana.....so am i.
bring the parts by & i can check them out for brian g,send him pics & i can accept his payment from paypal for you,just a thought.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

He got mad at me too because i suspected him of a scammer and got a pm from him....i posted on the WTB section that i was looking for an ls6 intake and he claims he had one.

Him I have a ls6 for sale, 48k miles, looks great came off a running car. I do not have a paypal account so local pickup would be preferred but i can ship it if you need me too we would just need to find an alternative way to send the money. I am located in northern indiana im not sure where you are located. If you are still interested just let me know and i can send pictures with my user name over.

-thanks

ME: Sorry man, no can do unless its through paypal. Not trying to be a dick but you joined this month and have zero feedback. Send me pics to hernandez_dabeatmaker@hotmail.com if you can create a paypal account, its free, takes 5 minutes and will make it easier for you to buy and sell stuff on here in the long run anyway. Ill be happy to purchase it. Whats your asking price? Im located in kansas so it would have to ship. Thanks man

He seemed suspicious so i commented about his activity in a diff thread in this section since another guy looking for an intake had suspesion aswell.

He sent me a pm titled "Hey *******" and said the following

Him FYI im not a ******* scammer. Its sad that everyone jumps to conclusions because i dont use that scamming pos company called paypal. i have my reasons why i dont use paypal so i never will. If you want the intake come to my house and pick it up! Its here! I dont think i can scam you if you pick it up in person can i? i might be able to since we wouldnt be using paypal though :'(

3201 West Plymouth Avenue
Goshen, Indiana

Im here anytime after 5:00pm!

ME: Dude calm down, im not the only one that thought that. Most scammers dont like to use paypal, have a recent join date, 0 posts, zero trader feedback ratings...Im sorry i apologize i deleted my posts on the thread. Im not local so no i cant pick it up. Don't expect to sell anything on here without a paypal though. Im sure you have a good reason why you dont use paypal. The other guy you sent a pic of the fast intake was suspicious of you too...why dont you go call him an ******* as well? Thanks for being a dick and calling me an *******, dont expect business from me in the future You may not be a scammer but you do seem like a douchebag..once again im really sorry.

Him oh i did trust me, he wanted to buy the intake from me after i sent him the picture he requested that he didnt think id be able to produce and he was quiet shocked. And yeah i understand that there are people that scam people on here apparently, but im not one of them ill talk to you on the phone and i dont think most scammers would invite you to their damn house to pick up the part. Im sorry for being an *** but it just gets me heated that all im trying to do is sell some parts and i am getting accused of all of this other crap that i have nothing to do with. How am i suppose to get trader ratings if everyone automatically thinks i am a scammer because i dont have a trader rating. Is it that rare for somone to join a forum and start sending people pms saying they have the part they are looking for, i mean i thought thats what these places where for? If you are still interested in the intake then id be more than happy to work with you on it in anyway possible so i can earn a trader raiting and somone to vouch for me. If not i understand but u have to look at it from my point of view, what have i done wrong

ME: I see where your coming from and i understand. Yes there is alot of scamming on here, I have ordered stuff on here from people with a good trader rating and used paypal and i still feel nervous as hell until i get a tracking number. You have to also see it from my point of view, you cant trust many people now a days. Like i said its going to be hard for you to sell stuff online requesting a money gram or whatever. Just think of it this way, its people like scammers that give you non paypal users a bad name. I appreciate you being apologitic and like i said im sorry, i shouldnt of judged you or assumed you were a scammer. I now feel bad about it. How much do you want for the intake? send me pics maybe we can work something out. The reason i use paypal is because theres an insurance to it if the transaction goes bad or the product arrives damaged or the description the seller gave isnt what you recieve you can dispute and get your money back. If the price is good i might take it as long as we can do some sort of secure transaction.

Him have you ever heard of the credit card charge back scam? somone sends money to you, you send the item, and then they do a stop payment through their credit card company and get all their money back plus your item? Paypal wont do NOTHING about that if it happens. Thats why i wont use them anymore. Im asking $320 shipped or $300 local pickup for the intake, like i said it has low miles on it and is in perfect condition came off a running vehicle with no issues.

I dont know what to say. He says hes not a scammer and that anyone can go pick up the parts locally and gave me his address. If the guy is a true honest person he needs to chime in this thread and let people know who he is. I honestly cant say if he is or not but for my safety won't do transaction with him unless its paypal or another safe method.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

He also never sent me pics of the intake...
Old 03-19-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Just to play devils advocate I dont use paypal. I accept money orders then ship the part out. So far all transactions have gone smoothly. Still have a set of heads in the mail so as long as that goes smooth all is great. Like I said know nothing of either of the involved parties. Just playing devils advocate.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

He has sent me a couple of pm's as well. I didn't respond for the same reasons.i know some people don't use paypal, but with no post or trader feedback I'm leary. I hope you didn't get scammed and keep us updated because if you get your intake I will do business with him too.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

preetty sure it sounds like aaron bean he got me last week. is aaron bean his real name??
Old 03-21-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99screamindemon
preetty sure it sounds like aaron bean he got me last week. is aaron bean his real name??
from what i have read on here......yes.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

so why does he not get busted if that is his real name?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99screamindemon
so why does he not get busted if that is his real name?
because he keeps creating new SCREEN NAMES
Old 03-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Well I hate to admit this but this guy got me this week I thought it was strange but i guess im too trusting I put a WTB up for a ls6 or fast 78 or 90 intake and he pm's me that he has a fast 90 and sends pics. I get the same run around when I say im liery cause i dont wann be scammed but i fell for it and sent the money up untill today he has responed to all of my pm's and even sent me a tracking # on sunday night which turned out to be bogus and when i asked him about it yesterday he said he would get the correct one to me when he got home. I never heard from him and still havent. I find from reading on here that he has given me a different address than the one post in this thread.
The name i was given was Callen Lowe from Goshen In... so when all this started i did some looking around and found Callen Lowe is from terre haute In and is 24 not 35 like his profile says.... and after a little more looking around and seeing Aaron Bean name in this thread I found out that it just so happens that these 2 live in the same town and are around the same age. Hmmmmm I wonder friends???? so tomorrow my plan is to go to my local pd or sheriff office and fill out a assist other agencies report and to try to get this stopped from this kid once and for all!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

exactly what i did and he did the same to me. turns out he told me he was from millersburg, in but the zip code he gave me was for terra haute and that is where he pickedup my money, that **** sucker!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

Holy **** Im really sorry you guys gt screwed by him, i had a bad feeling about that guy.

Quick Reply: Questionable seller tidussloan