Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Word of warning, I got scammed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Word of warning, I got scammed.

So I just wanted to let you guys know of a cool new scam that got pulled on me. A member on the board, Redbowtie51, wanted to buy some Z28 emblems I had laying around. I gave him a great deal, just wanted $12 for them all, including the bow tie rear emblem. this equates to about $7 for the emblems and the rest for shipping.

He wanted to be a cheap *** and offered $10. Its whatever to me, i would have probably tossed them anyway. So b/c he didnt want to pay for the real shipping, I just slapped a couple of stamps on it and sent it snail mail.

well, two days later he got the emblems, and sent me a positive itrader rating. he then asked me for a tracking number, and when i pm'ed him back and said that I sent it snail mail with stamps, no tracking, (as per his decision not to pay the extra $2), he immediately stared a paypal dispute.

He knew that paypal would back him, as I had no tracking info what so ever.

What burned me up was the fact that he didnt even bother to contact me via email or through PM, just nailed me with the paypal dispute.

Am i pissed about the loss, no. Its $10. a ******* meal at mcdonalds. I could really care less, but the principal of this guy pulling this is wrong.

Funny how my mortgage makes it through the mail just fine every month, but not this time.

Also, the same guy is selling the stuff he buys on here on ebay. just an fyi to the rest of you.

If you sell anything, anything at all, better get a tracking number, or paypal will **** all over you.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanx for the heads up man , some poeple just SUCK .
Old 04-17-2011, 09:36 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

******* ridiculous. Seriously.

From now on, when we buy or sell, be sure we take pics and SAVE them! NEVER pay as a gift, require delivery confirmation. This has seriously gotten out of hand.

SSJason232, thanks for the heads up.

We need a Mod with an Iron fist to start crushing these low life scum.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:42 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Just posted this on one of his WTB ads. I'm sick of this ****.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a jag-bag!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats too bad, for us up in Canada it is to our advantage to have items shipped by US post.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:45 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts

some chick from oklahoma did the same to me on ebay except i had to dish out 32 bucks...some people are just shitssss
Old 04-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 What kind of idiot ships fragile z28 emblems in a envelope?
2 I never got them.
3 I sell my parts that aren't as good as the ones I buy.
4 I filed the claim because I'm sick of being jerked around by people who either don't ship (YOU) or ship poorly.
5 That feedback was for stunningman on this board.
6 Why are you so unintelligent that you can't look at the date you shipped and the date I left feedback. (1 day after and I said two days shipping mistakenly because I got stunningman's item in 2 days)
I'm not a scammer. I am just sick of those who have no intellect. Cheap price, your funny. I got all 2006 gto emblems for five bucks at the local junyard. Anyone with a brain wouldn't do the things you did. Why don't you just ship a dash pad in a big envelope? Why would I ask for a tracking number if I got it. I know stamps don't have that. I'm not incompetent like you. Shipping with stamps is usually more expensive then printing a label on a envelope because the label is exact. Who's the fool? You said two emblems. Whats with the inconsistencies? Paypal got all the info. They believed me because I was right. They saw the feedback and also saw that it was a duplicate mistake.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedBowtie51
I'm not a scammer. I am just sick of those who have no intellect. Cheap price, your funny.
With YOUR superior intellect, you should know that it should be, "You're funny."

You are a ******* IDIOT and a THIEF.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

He has zero posts..All of his postings are in the classifieds, trying to buy things. All he is buying are ashtrays and emblems..How many f-body ashtrays and emblems does one person need ..

So he is on this forum just to buy stuff so he can sell on Ebay..And scam a few of the members while he can..I hope the moderators are watching.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know there is a seperate forum for these kinds of things....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback-48/

MOOOOOOODS..... Do yo thang.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

not taking any sides but if the emblems were shipped in a reg. envelope and they were light enough they may have gone thru a sorting machine at the p.o. which would have prob. mangled the envelope beyond recognition,something to think about?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by southsidecox
not taking any sides but if the emblems were shipped in a reg. envelope and they were light enough they may have gone thru a sorting machine at the p.o. which would have prob. mangled the envelope beyond recognition,something to think about?
I actually thought the same thing, but they actually have a test slot at the post office where they put the envelope through to make sure it fits. mine went with no problem.

as for douche bag bowtie ******, "What kind of idiot ships fragile z28 emblems in a envelope?",

well *******, they are not all that fragile, and second, they were surrounded by two pieces of super stiff thin cardboard to protect them from being bent or broken. I take pride when i ship things to people on this board, I also contribute back with thoughts, ideas, opinions, and help when i can.

Unlike you, who only seems to be out to scam the members on here, buy our ****, take advantage of our good will, then, flip it on ebay.

all of your posts are in classifieds, you have not contributed one thing to the board, so when it comes to credibility you have none.

i learned my lesson, and in some strange way I should thank you, because from now on, nobody gets anything shipped without tracking info. not because it doesnt make it to the end destination, but because of scammers like you.

Fact of the matter is, if you would have just contacted me, I would have chalked up the lost letter to the post office, then sent you back your $10 and a note that said something to the effect of, sucks post office fucked up, here is your cash back, sorry you never got it, if your in town ever lets grab a beer.

but thats me, not you. you knew that paypal is going to side with you, because they always side with buyer. I could have sent it to the appeals process and probably won, because from your own itrader post, mistake or not, you claimed you received it. but doing all that for a tiny amount like $10 is not worth my time.

ALL BEWARE, and BE WARNED, this guy is out to turn a quick buck on our good will.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
You know there is a seperate forum for these kinds of things....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback-48/

MOOOOOOODS..... Do yo thang.
didnt know that, good looking,

feel free to move this.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:51 AM
11 Second Club

Rule number one. Don't sell stuff to members that have no posts. People have been doing this more and more
Old 04-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

someone should roshambo him lol
Old 05-03-2011, 06:44 AM
TECH Regular

me personally i ship a lot of things usps and get a delivery confirmation... and it says its delivered... it done on my end... so far guys who i have bought from and sold to have been great

Quick Reply: Word of warning, I got scammed.