On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he ment with the dots facing toward the rear
Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeyZ
I think he ment with the dots facing toward the rear
Arrows that say top...were put on the bottom. I have pics somewhere..
Old 07-20-2012, 06:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

I used them for my swap in my 96 bird, asked to retain full factory accessories, "no problem". Paid em and didn't hear from them for 2 weeks, called and called and called, wouldnt answer so I emailed and got a reply. 4 week eta. Ok. 2 months later I got a harness with different gauge wires, cheap connectors etc, oh and no ac wiring. Said I didn't ask for it and wouldn't tell me how to add it, so I lost ac in the middle of summer.

Huge waste of time, money, and heartache.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im really surprised. Ive been doing lt1 (thats how far back I go) and lsx swaps for well....since the 90's. I emailed ssp tuesday (today is friday). He called me probably with in an hour or so....I told him what I needed for an lsx in a suzuki samurai. It arrived today, friday. Price wise they seem to beat everyone by alittle. Quality...I ve used them before, and its been great. Last time was a lsx powered chopper trike, that probably took 30 minutes to fire off after I laid the harness out.

Have I had problems....yes....that I thought were harness related? yes....BUT it has not ever turned out to be that way. Understanding the harness, and what you need is paramount. Sensors change year to year, and sometimes strange things are put together. I ve used others....probably 3 others....and none have been as good.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just an update....I received that last harness in 3 days...so I ordered another one....a week ago friday, when I made the post above. Well it was delivered today the following saturday. A whole 8 days, with a "show covering" and a black coated pcm.

On a side note I have a different project ( a third) ....that is using a different harness, not by ssp and it appears I have some wiring to do....... with the tps.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe they have improved. That was the chance I was willing to give them despite some poor feedback last time til they did what they did. I hope you continue to have a good experience with them, I really do. I will choose not to ever do business with them again.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm calling them today to figure out why bank one keep going dead intermittently If they give me the run a round I'm buying a PSI harness.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got notified that you posted to this thread....and I saw your other thread. You have a harness that you ran in one car, and now its in another.....over a period of 6 months to a year? and you have a similar problem on the second car that you had briefly on the first.

Your problem from what I read could still be about a million things. Fortunately for you its probably an easy fix. But to post on here about a call your gonna make with attitude if you dont get the answer you want? Unfortunately diagnosing a problem via phone is hard, try to remember that. Could it be the harness? Sure could, you already had it on one car....and removed it....and put it on another car......just that raises huge flags....first it had to be ok when removed, for you to use it. But you have a similar issue that you had once and it must be the wiring? Chances are its not the wiring, but the install, or another component. Does it mean its not, no, but if your a betting man, your putting your money on a long shot.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Ok dug into MY harness this weekend from them and the directions are crap. None of the wires are labeled at all on the body side of things and quite a few are the same color and have no mention as to what they go to. This is quite honestly the worst "instruction manual" that I have ever seen. Beyond their business practices, which to me were shady, their product is sub-par. I would expect there to be a wiring diagram for the body side or labels on the wires or something.

I am hoping I can figure this out! It's time to fire the car for the first time, but FIRST I have to figure out where these mass of unlabled, undescribed wires go to
Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I have fixed one of their harnesses for a friend of mine..they had no clue on how to build a simple LT->LS Fbody Harness and sent him one that was trash. I tore it down and fixed it up.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

One thing that worries me after digging in and comparing to factory harness is how THIN the wire gauge is....kinda has me worried.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Adding this link as more evidence of the shady work this company is doing:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...c-heavy-2.html
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Here is some more fun issues with a friend's harness that we ordered through these clowns. The injectors clips are apparently for a truck or whatever injector they had laying around, but are not EV1 style clips used on Camaros or Firebirds which we specifically asked for. Rather than deleting the MAF and having a separate IAT plug like we asked for there is a MAF plug on there and NO IAT like we ordered. I think they just sent out a generic truck harness on this one and not the one we ordered at all. So now we are going to have to cut up all kinds of stuff to make repairs on this harness and replace all the injector clips, the IAT sensor after we determine the correct wires as well as the alternator plug which is also for some unknown vehicle, but not the one that we ordered for sure!

With the time it will take to repair this harness and the additional cost of all the pigtails as well as the additional cost of the ECU we could have pretty much just ordered a stand alone at this point. Those injector clips will cost at least another $100 easy for new ones, the IAT plug will be another $15-$20 after shipping minimum. The ECU was another $150, and not sure about the alternator pigtail, but I would guess another $20 for that pigtail. So all in all we will have around $800 in this harness before we even worry about time and such.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Default sand & srteet perf

Our shop specializes in LS conversions I used Superior Harness in Mena Ark untell they went out of business [ health issues] I tried Sand & street perf [ steve] we bought 4 harness from him the harnesses are a absolute joke fuse box is terrible they are NOT color coded we have had to rework all 4 some were missing tack wire 1 had inj wired to wrong bank map sensor wired wrong O2's wire wrong and if you try to call SSP if they do answer you won't get much help and don't wait for the return call it won't come if you want a good Harness try Speartech.com [ John ] builds a very nice harness He also is very helpful he will talk to you any time you call I just got 4 from him very nice he also will rework your factory harness they are NICE and price is good from all my exspearance and the trouble with SSP BE WARE
Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://apps.yavapai.us/inmatesearch/InmateSearchYC.asp

Put in his last name "Hiltner"

Quick Reply: Sand and Street Performance Wiring aka SSP wiring