Beware of hotsauce886

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beware of hotsauce886

Link to sale thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-new-sold.html

Upon receiving them I find that they are packaged very loosely with some plastic wrapped around them. Obviously they've been bouncing around in the box and damaging each other. The seller shipped them with spark plugs in them and 5 of the 8 plugs were busted with one completely busted in half, to give reference of how much these heads were able to move in the box. Almost all of the corners on the heads were damaged as well as the head face, gouging and pitting everywhere.

I notified the seller I would like a refund and would ship them back with him giving me some money to ship them back. I'd end up taking about $50 loss on these having paid to have them shipped here and paying half of it to ship them back. The seller proceeds to tell me it's UPS's fault for beating them up, even though he did not pack them adequately. Using some cheap plastic bubble wrap for 60 lbs heads that destroyed that wrap in seconds is not my idea of packing parts correctly. I don't think the packing is anyway acceptable and think it was a decent deal for me to take a loss and just give them back. Also being a noob a paypal, he talked me into sending the money as a "gift" which I later found out means I can't dispute the purchase. That's my fault for not researching but I have filed a dispute with my credit card and hopefully this will work out, since hotsauce886 won't admit the mistake and take responsibility for it.

Pics of some of the damage, too many things to take pics of it all. Pics of the packing too.

Every one of these is flat

Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ship things everyday using ups and fedex and if its packaged correctly then nothing will happen! its lazy people that dont take the time to package it right that cause this and point the finger somewhere else.

You should get the refund and he should have to pay for shipping

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-17-2012, 04:53 AM
Teching In

Just to clearify.. he now has the heads and your money + you paid 50 in shipping..?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

This is totally unacceptable. Hautsauce must be kidding if he thinks that UPS is at fault when he only wrapped these things in a bit of bubble wrap. Looking at the pictures, I could tell you right away that there is no way those heads would make it to their destination undamaged. You've gotta pack these things EXPECTING that they are going to be handled rough..and if you pack them right, they'll make it no problem.

The seller needs to step up, take responsibility, and agree to have the buyer send the heads back for a refund. If you ask me, Silencer is even doing him a favor by offering to pay for some of the shipping back. Hotsauce should cover all of it as far as I'm concerned. Sounds to me like Hotsauce doesn't want to deal with selling damaged heads...so he decides to screw an honest buyer. Talk about a douche move.

Good luck Silencer, hope you get this resolved somehow.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Dude, that is so fucked up.... Hopefully your credit card company can do something about it. If not, your screwed and probably won't be able to fix the heads with the amount of damage done to them (gaskets won't seal). You might be able to have them machined down a bit, but your compression will be even higher than you originally wanted.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Launching!

That is complete crap....what kind of idiot packages heads with that large bubble wrap and at LEAST doesn't put insurance on it????

hotsauce886 owes you your money back...period
Old 02-17-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ussteel
Just to clearify.. he now has the heads and your money + you paid 50 in shipping..?

No I have the heads, I won't send them back until he refunds my money. I asked him to give me a refund and some money towards sending them back since it's his fault that they are damaged, but I didn't ask for him to pay for all of the shipping back. I was willing to pay for part of the shipping just to get this resolved.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Some more pics of the damage, glad I'm not the only one who thinks these things were packed HORRIBLY!

Busted Plugs, just shows how hard they were hitting each other. I had to bend some of them back so I could remove them.

More nicks and dings all around the valve cover seat.

Bust temperature sensor, not sure if this was shipped like this since I didn't find the other end of it in the box.

More busted plugs on the other head, notice one completely broke off. It looks like that one ended up under the heads and gouged the hell out of the bottom.

Even the cast number got hit!

Gouging on the head face

Gouged the combustion chamber.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Those things took a beating!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Straight to small claims court.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx
No I have the heads, I won't send them back until he refunds my money. I asked him to give me a refund and some money towards sending them back since it's his fault that they are damaged, but I didn't ask for him to pay for all of the shipping back. I was willing to pay for part of the shipping just to get this resolved.
okay i see..Everybody makes a mistake at some point. But when you do you step up to the plate and take responsebility for your own acts. You dont wipe your *** with other peoples money. He should pay for it all. Hope it works out for you
Old 02-17-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jmagliola
Straight to small claims court.
I really hope I don't have to take it that far.

Originally Posted by ussteel
okay i see..Everybody makes a mistake at some point. But when you do you step up to the plate and take responsebility for your own acts. You dont wipe your *** with other peoples money. He should pay for it all. Hope it works out for you
Yep exactly, I didn't blow up on the guy. I just informed him of it, said I want to return them and I want my money back and he basically told me he takes no responsibility for it and that I should take it up with UPS. As the buyer, it's not my job to make sure that he knows how to ship something. If a vendor did this they would refund the money and take the parts back. Not be irresponsible, and run away with the money.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol what an imbecile. **** job packing AND no insurance?! I have never NOT insured anything. And I've definitely fully refunded people's money when what I sold didn't last long. Given his location (probably a Katrina and/or oil spill victim) I suppose I can't blame him for being so douchy. Post his address and let what happens happen, I say!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

So where does he live? Lol
Old 02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He planned to screw you over from the start. This is a classic example of why you should NEVER send money as a gift on Paypal. And an example of why this guy's mother should have swallowed.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Are these fixable in any way?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
Dude, that is so fucked up.... Hopefully your credit card company can do something about it. If not, your screwed and probably won't be able to fix the heads with the amount of damage done to them (gaskets won't seal). You might be able to have them machined down a bit, but your compression will be even higher than you originally wanted.
Originally Posted by chaman
See above.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by qc97z
He planned to screw you over from the start. This is a classic example of why you should NEVER send money as a gift on Paypal. And an example of why this guy's mother should have swallowed.
Yep, I got to learn that one the hard way. I will never make that mistake again.

Originally Posted by chaman
Phil @ Ai thinks he can fix them, but I'm not sure that he'll know for sure what the CR will be unless I send them and he can actually look at them in person.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Some of the bigger chunks could possibly be filled in with some weld and re-milled. That first pic looks horrendous....
Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by qc97z
Some of the bigger chunks could possibly be filled in with some weld and re-milled. That first pic looks horrendous....
Yea that's what he was talking about doing. Either way, it's a bunch of bullshit anyway. Heads would've been well on there way to AI by now if dude could package parts at all.

It's hilarious too, cuz I've called him out on two separate boards and he's completely disappeared from both.

Quick Reply: Beware of hotsauce886