Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Paul Kilgo aka kilgothephenom - Charlotte, NC Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paul Kilgo aka kilgothephenom - Charlotte, NC Area

From Paul Kilgo, I purchased an LQ9 block that was bored .030" over with a ton of accessories back on July 28th. I texted him that morning shortly after he posted it for sale, spoke with him on the phone later that evening, and after several more photo's of the block and other items that were included, I paid him via PayPal that night.

It was agreed that he would hold on to the items until I could make it down to Charlotte to pick them up. Between my work schedule and the cruise/extended vacation I was about to leave on, it was going to be a while before I would be able to meet up with him. He said that he would prefer to sell it to me locally as it would prevent the hassle of crating up and shipping the thing. No deadline or specific date was given to pick up the items. His last text to me stated that everything was bagged up safely in a closet of his garage awaiting my arrival. I sent him the entire payment up front in good faith so that he knew I was serious about the purchase and that he wasn't holding on to the goods for no reason.

Finally on Sept 23rd, I sent him an e-mail to apologize for the length it's taken to pick up the items as I haven't been south of my home since I returned from vacation. I was letting him know that hopefully we could work something out within the next couple of weeks to pick everything up. With him saying it wasn't a problem to store the items and no attempt on his part to contact me to tell me GET DOWN HERE AND GET THE CRAP OUT OF MY WAY!, I assumed everything was cool.

I didn't hear back from him after a week so I got his cell # that I'd texted originally and sent a message, no reply after two messages over a couple of days. I tried to call with it going straight to VM. That's when I started to get iffy about the situation, hoped that he was just really busy and failed to reply but started to think otherwise.

I started to do some digging and came across plenty of information about him online... an excellent E-Bay Rating, several positive feedbacks here on LS1Tech, and several posts of items that he's sold in the past with no negative info.

A couple of days later, I notice on his YouTube Channel that he deleted most of his car related video's and posted a new one on Oct 3, with a link to his CraigsList ad where he now has his car for sale to fund his upcoming wedding.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3312269790.html

Also, there's a new cell # listed. I figured that he just switched phones and no longer had my info so I tried to get in touch with him with a text as it was later in the evening when I came across it. I had no reply within approx 24 hours so I did some more digging.

I came across the following post from 2008 on another car forum, I believe this is the same guy between the unique username and the .1987 addition to it, the year he was born.

http://www.club-tc.com/threads/kilgothephenom.1987/

That's the only negative information I've found on him but it seems oddly similar to what I'm going through now.

I know the guy is still breathing as I have had someone else contact him about the car for sale, who he replied to promptly within the past 24 hours. This is after I'd sent him another round of texts/email/PM here on Tech requesting that he get in touch with me some how. I'm assuming that he is getting out of the F-Body scene and doesn't care about his reputation on the boards any longer.

I know this is partially my fault for not pursuing pickup of the items as soon as I returned from vacation and the fact that I let the 45 day protection lapse from my PayPal transaction with him. I just trusted the guy with him being somewhat local to me and his steller seller reputation on here. I am not giving up on it as I have more than enough information to locate him and will pursue matters with Charlotte Mecklenburg Police to either obtain my property in its original condition, or recover my money.

I'm going to send this link to him for reference to let him know that I am serious about the collection. If the items were becoming a burden to him and he needed them out of his way, he could have easily contacted me to let me know. Or at least contacted me after this latest round of attempts on my part to contact him and tell me to bug off, the stuff has already been re-sold long ago.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received a refund of the money from a different PayPal account/name. Looks like the issue has been resolved.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:17 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad you have the matter resolved.

Last edited by dr_whigham; 10-08-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Paul Kilgo aka kilgothephenom - Charlotte, NC Area