Camaro9969 did me wrong - LS1TECH



Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Camaro9969 did me wrong

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default Camaro9969 did me wrong

Stuff straight up not told about.
After the car was loaded up for delivery I was text it was on its way and not to drive it in the cold, it doesn't want to start. You have to turn the key on and of a FEW times then it will start. Well it took about 40 cycles the first time to get it off the trailer then after I got pulled over by the cop it never started again. He said don't worry it should be an easy fix.
Sold me the car without having the title. He told me the guy he traded with had to send it in to get the title in his name before he could send it to me. Again the title issue was never told to me other than title is clear and not a salvage. Right now it won't start, I have no title, and it is far from doing fine on the street. It needs exhaust, blinkers, headlights fixed. I was told the ONLY issue was a cracked dash that as we were negotiating price was told it he had a new dash put in the weekend of the 22th of November. When it was picked up on the 9th of December he told me the guy picking up only gave him a days notice so he didn't have time to put it in and apologized. Then he told me he didn't do it because I was getting a cage and they could do it then.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
8 Second Club
iTrader: (12)
 
Camaro9969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Granby, Mass
Posts: 2,010
Default

I told Chris on the phone about the title and I have been working with the guy who traded me the car. I am a stand up guy and am working to get that done. I had a conversation with Chris about the car when he made an offer i was walking around the car explaining things to him that it needed. As for the dash i just didnt have time but i included it inside the car. I had texts from you days before about us doing a cage and a turbo kit so i wasn't sure what exactly was going on and if we did the cage id have to pull the interior. Headlight door i told him about on the phone which i included a brand new one with the sale have tracking info for this. The starting issue i have mentioned to you and cycling the key on and off will get it to start just like i said. I had the car for months and i never had to do it 40 times. Countless people came and drove the car and many from tech could vouch for the car it drives great. It needing exhaust is something i didn't think of because its a race car. No power steering racing seats gutted interior. I have tried to help him and will be getting the title and will send it overnight to him. Again it is a great car and I have no doubt that it will be for Chris. Being pulled over sucks but the car is LOUD and without everything legit i wouldn't chance driving it up the street. This was a deal i made with a friend in Afghanistan and I sold it for him so i really had nothing to hide. (Glad I am getting bashed for this.............) I'm sorry your having a bad experience but the car is Solid and Very Strong I would of loved to keep it for myself.
Camaro9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

Latest....... the 21k spent on the car was down back in 2005-2006 and car was suppose to only have 20-30 passes. Nearly all the stuff is no lorger on the car. The current motor and transmission has no documentation.The motor that is suppose to have ARP throughout and callies crank and rods nor receipts. Just a receipt from 2006 for a block and a set of callies rods. I will get a copy of my text to make sure I am not miss quoting anything but. But when I keep asking on what was in the motor etc it was owner spent 21k on the car so there are no weak areas on the car to break. I specifically asked about the crank and fasteners and neither was in the receipts. I was NEVER told he didn't have the title. Live and learn he said I never said the parts were new or on the car just that that much was spent on the car. Big difference in my book. I think it may need a cam sensor but either way not running. After I all this was brought to his attention he said just sell it for 14k ha. Would you buy a 98 firebird with 130k miles without any documentation of the motor or transmission parts build etc. Honestly I personally could sell a car without knowing what I am selling.
Oh and why is this a big deal, it runs great.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

I basically got a race car with a unknown motor and transmission, He says he did wrong but when I ask about the parts good stuff and there was a folder full a receipts and the parts,,,,,led me to believe he had receipts for parts in the motor and tranny. Again I have a receipt for a LQ4 block and callies, rods....nothing else.
I text him and he said he never actually said what the receipts were for so why the big deal.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
8 Second Club
iTrader: (12)
 
Camaro9969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Granby, Mass
Posts: 2,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAmotorsports View Post
I basically got a race car with a unknown motor and transmission, He says he did wrong but when I ask about the parts good stuff and there was a folder full a receipts and the parts,,,,,led me to believe he had receipts for parts in the motor and tranny. Again I have a receipt for a LQ4 block and callies, rods....nothing else.
I text him and he said he never actually said what the receipts were for so why the big deal.
It is a race car with a forged 370 JW Bell 400 as states.and doesn't have 130k that's the dash out of my camaro since the tach didn't work in the old one so I used that to get it fixed. Car was built by thunder racing if you don't believe anything I'm saying call the business card in there and ask him it was there shop car. I've answered every text from where is the trans brake to what suspension is in the car. I never said I did wrong it's a great car im working on the title which you text me the vin for PA other than that it's a nice car and is very solid. Good luck with your build.

Last edited by Camaro9969; 12-23-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Camaro9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

The shocks, rear, and panhard are from thunder racing for sure form 2005. They motor and tranny was built in 2005-2006 by thunder racing but are no longer in the car. Reciepts show a 346 and a stick. The car is a 370 t400. NONE of the things I asked you about were in the receipts except a set of rods and a block from 2006. FYI Thunder racing closed up middle of 2013, owe a lot of people money from what I remember.

Last edited by MIAmotorsports; 12-23-2014 at 12:31 PM.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by high n dry View Post
I'd get my $ back for the car, y would u buy a car w/o a title in hand in the 1st place? ??
I was never told he didn't have the title when asked about it being clean. It was a long distance sale and he didn't have a negative rep. when I bought. He thinks the title this is no biggie like everything else. I am in Arkansas and he was in Mass. I had asked for all the paperwork weeks before the car was delivered. Said he would send right out. I got them yesterday but no title. When I asked him about not sending the paper work he though I only meant the receipts or he would have let me know there was an issue with the title. The was no mention of the title issue until the car was delivered and I asked "where was the title at". Oh I thought I told you, I apologize if you weren't told. Honestly, I think I will get the title it is the whole not knowing what I got and I was looking to put a billet 76 on it.

Last edited by MIAmotorsports; 12-23-2014 at 01:45 PM.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
12 Second Club
iTrader: (91)
 
MUSTANGBRKR02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Havelock, NC
Posts: 4,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAmotorsports View Post
I was never told he didn't have the title when asked about it being clean. It was a long distance sale and he didn't have a negative rep. when I bought. He thinks the title this is no biggie like everything else. I am in Arkansas and he was in Mass. I had asked for all the paperwork weeks before the car was delivered. Said he would send right out. I got them yesterday but no title. When I asked him about not sending the paper work he though I only meant the receipts or he would have let me know there was an issue with the title. The was no mention of the title issue until the car was delivered and I asked "where was the title at". Oh I thought I told you, I apologize if you weren't told. Honestly, I think I will get the title it is the whole not knowing what I got and I was looking to put a billet 76 on it.

This was my car via 2 trades thru different people. You were informed as far as I can tell about everything. You also committed to buying the car then started asking questions on the car. I have a excellent trader rating and always make sure the buyer is happy but some people you can't help.

Last edited by MUSTANGBRKR02; 12-25-2014 at 02:28 PM.
MUSTANGBRKR02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

I never talked to u or dealt with u. How did u know what we talked about. Is everything I posted a lie? I stand by what I posted. Alot of the questions I asked was over the phone and reasked with text.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #10
12 Second Club
iTrader: (91)
 
MUSTANGBRKR02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Havelock, NC
Posts: 4,583
Default

Because doug kept me informed on everything
MUSTANGBRKR02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #11
8 Second Club
iTrader: (12)
 
Camaro9969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Granby, Mass
Posts: 2,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAmotorsports View Post
I never talked to u or dealt with u. How did u know what we talked about. Is everything I posted a lie? I stand by what I posted. Alot of the questions I asked was over the phone and reasked with text.
I had nothing to hide with this deal what did I get out of it? I was just handling it while he was away in Afghanistan there's nothing more that can be said. It's just going back and forth. I drove it for months and honestly loved the car, everyone that took it for a ride had a blast only complaint was the smaller seat. Anyways the Title will be overnighted once Jared picks it up from PA. Good luck with the build and this thread can be closed once you receive the title.
Camaro9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #12
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

Where exactly did u drive it.

Last edited by MIAmotorsports; 12-25-2014 at 04:58 PM.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #13
8 Second Club
iTrader: (12)
 
Camaro9969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Granby, Mass
Posts: 2,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAmotorsports View Post
Where exactly did u drive it.
Exactly? Checkers in belchertown, tractor supply, my buddies shop, anywhere I wanted to go. My neighbors sure knew when I was leaving the house but that's how race cars are supposed to sound.
Camaro9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #14
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

I only ask because when I said I got a ticket for exhaust ( lack of) when I was trying to get it from the delivery trailer to my house. You're exact text was "I'm sorry man I though they woul bring it to your house. I didn't have it on the road either just drove it with ( I assume u mean "to" my friends repair place or down the street. The company sat at the top of my driveway and we loaded it up"
Which is it...
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #15
8 Second Club
iTrader: (12)
 
Camaro9969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Granby, Mass
Posts: 2,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAmotorsports View Post
I only ask because when I said I got a ticket for exhaust ( lack of) when I was trying to get it from the delivery trailer to my house. You're exact text was "I'm sorry man I though they woul bring it to your house. I didn't have it on the road either just drove it with ( I assume u mean "to" my friends repair place or down the street. The company sat at the top of my driveway and we loaded it up"
Which is it...
I'm not sure what your getting at but I drove it with my license plate just never was official. And just because I drove it and took a risk obviously you didn't get as lucky. It's a race car and doesn't have a muffler. Has 4" to the back. If it had open headers I wouldn't of risked it. I can't believe I have to say this but look at the license plate on the back. From my camaro I traded for this. This back and forth isn't accomplishing anything I've gotten plenty of texts from you about it and the title is in the works. Like I said it will be on it's way soon.
Video my buddy took reason for us laughing is my buddy is 6'8 and in any fbody that's a squeeze

Last edited by Camaro9969; 12-25-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Camaro9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #16
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

Hello? You said you never drove it on the street when I said how loud the exhaust was. Later when I said it wouldn't start u said u didn't believe it because u drove it all over the place. Your story changed depending on the question. U never said it had a problem till after u where paid and the car was loaded on the transport. I could go on with the stuff you changed from before u were paid to after.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #17
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-mart32 View Post
Sorry that it seems your having some kind of troubles with the car. I was able to see the car and take it out with camaro9969 for some spirited driving on the street. Engine ran STRONG, car hauled, and sounded MEAN.

Camaro9969 has sold a ton of stuff on here and I haven't seen any one with any problems. As far as him "lying" or "straight up not told about stuff", that just doesn't add up.

Best of luck either way
I agree it doesn't add up. MY question is are u subtly saying I am not telling the truth because I HAVE THE TEXT TO BACK UP EVERYTHING I SAID. I HAVE THE 7 MINUTE VIDEO OF ME TURNING THE IGNITION ON AND OFF TRYING THE GET THE SHIFT LIGHT TO BLINK TO LET ME KNOW THERE IS A SIGNAL TO THE IGNITION SO IT WILL START. I CAN TAKE A PIC OF THE DASH.etc
I will not take the time to post all this crap unless he agrees to drive down here and pick the car up and give me my money and the cost of transport. If he wants to mail me $1500.00 for the cost to buy dash and have it put in and fix what ever the ignition/electrical problem there is plus get some exhaust. I will have the cellphone company send me all the text we exchanged and I will post everything. For no money I am not going to take the time and energy to do it.

As for you guys who get on here and say how much it was drove on the street it proves he was not telling the truth at least twice. Once when he said he NEVER DROVE IT ON THE STREET and the second it when he said the dash would be fixed the weekend after I bought the car (he had nearly 3 weeks total if he couldn't do it on the weekend).

The facts he left out/never disclose he didn't have the title, the car has problems with the ignition if it gets cold (his fix was to tell me don't drive it in the cold) and currently is non-running, it doesn't have exhaust/mufflers, the motor was at least 8yrs old and the receipts for the build were for parts that were no longer on the car except for shocks, torque arm, block and crank (8-9yrs old). So, 18k of the 21k put into the car was no longer IN THE CAR. To verify the parts that he said were on the car but were not in the receipts I was told to call the shop that has been closed for over a yr.
He told me he did not mislead because he never stated that the stuff in the receipts was currently on the car.

So, it is hard at this point to believe what he says is the truth because he has proven he is not real good at it.

Friends of seller every time you say you drove it all over the place he is calling you a liar because he TOLD ME HE NEVER DROVE it on the street, at least he said it until it wouldn't start THEN he says he drove it everywhere and you guys get on here and back him up. Please ask him if he did or did not tell me he never drove it on the street/road, please ask him if he ever said the dash would be fixed, please ask him if he ever said the car was not ready for the street as it sat, please ask him if I was ever told about the ignition/sensor issue the 3 weeks before the car was picked up. Then post up his yes or no response on the forum. Just a yes or no with no crawfishing.
Before I get into the 21k in receipts argument I have to get my text (they fall off the conversation after so many) so I will not misquote how it went down.

Last edited by MIAmotorsports; 01-01-2015 at 01:35 PM.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #18
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

I have not got the title yet. Money was sent same day I booked shipping.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:31 PM   #19
8 Second Club
iTrader: (12)
 
Camaro9969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Granby, Mass
Posts: 2,010
Default

Title will be in as soon as I get it from the PA registry. I've stayed in touch with Chris about what's going on with it and should arrive soon.
Camaro9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #20
Launching!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 255
Default

I did not go and see the car it was like a 14hr drive one way. They seller had no negative feedback here. All I asked was if the title was clear and not a salvage. Yes on both. I assume because I didn't specifically ask he didn't tell which was one of our major arguments on this whole deal. I wont repeat the whole deal on this. Yes I learned a lesson.
MIAmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jakes Performance - NEVER AGAIN! Beware lmurtha1 General LSX Automobile Discussion 52 01-28-2017 08:17 PM
Scott Culbert (gomer) and Wes Culbert Screamin LS1 SS Southern Members 14 01-16-2017 08:33 AM
Wildside - very painful experience. Buyer BEWARE reeseleblanc Negative Trader Feedback 2 04-10-2016 01:32 PM
Michigan Area Avoid Performance Eng - Long Phantom383 Midwestern Members 1 04-29-2014 06:45 PM
MY Entire Fuddle Experience (worth reading) Slvr98z28 Automatic Transmission 53 06-16-2006 10:21 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.