Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beertestr wont refund me anything...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 07:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Beertestr wont refund me anything...

Bought my set of ls3 heads from this guy who said they were in perfect shape. He has good feedback and obliviously sells a lot of stuff. They arrived and indeed appeared to be perfect, however when I went to go bolt the headers on the rear bolt hole on the drivers side head would not tighten as most of the threads were pulled out. Being in a rush I had to take the head to a machine shop to repair the hole. The total bill was 125, I contacted the seller who told me he inspected the heads personally and that there was no problem. However its very hard to see bad threads and unless he actually threaded a bolt in them he wouldn't really be able to tell.

I also added that I wasnt seeking the full amount of the refund but half would be more than fair. He informed me that I got too good of a deal as it was even though I ended up paying exactly what he wanted. I believe I paid a fair price for good heads, and it doesnt matter if they were cheap as I had to pay to have them fixed which was not described. Since he has never responded to my pm's about refunding me anything I have opened a paypal dispute for the amount of 125. I now want the full amount since he has refused to cooperate.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 538 Likes on 383 Posts

Man o man.... I tell ya. I so want to buy a factory SS spoiler for my car used off this site but everybody people are getting screwed over. Really sucks!!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:40 AM
TECH Veteran

He just left me a nasty trader rating too lol. Saying why didn't I let him know right away.... I was in the middle of assembling the engine and had to stop. Emailing and waiting for a pm reply from someone for something like that was the last thing on my mind.

Pretty sure if I was going to make something up I'd come up with a lot more expensive bill than 125 bucks lmao
Old 06-01-2015, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok so after being called a liar by this guy multiple times. Paypal closed the claim because I had the heads fixed not because they found proof in either persons story.

However here is my proof. This is the receipt from the place who did the head repair. I am giving him one more chance to refund me the 120 that it cost now. I originally just wanted half but after all this I want the total now. After this I'll be going to the credit card company and letting them have him.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:39 PM
TECH Veteran

here are the comments we have been exchanging. just open the file attached. just want everyone to know what a class act this guy is. I didnt want to leave trader feedback until after we got this resolved but he took it upon himself this morning to bash me after I filed with paypal.

Name:  heads%20email%20exchange%201_zpsft0zwv36.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  131.1 KB
Attached Thumbnails Beertestr wont refund me anything...-heads-email-exchange-1.jpg  
Old 06-01-2015, 03:46 PM
TECH Veteran

and finally the original pms we exchanged when i originally contacted him along with the original ad stating they were almost new. after this he stopped replying to my pm's. Idc if you have a 200 rating on ebay, so do I hell i'm over 400, 100% positive it really doesnt mean crap if youre going to screw people over when they have an issue.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:49 PM
TECH Veteran

It's everyday now on this site someone is getting screwed around or just simply lied to.
This is why I prefer to do business in person..... especially on something north of a 100 dollar bill.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Well here is a little update for anyone thinking about doing business with this clown. I get that when I noticed the damage I should have remembered to take pictures, pm him etc. But seriously if you're in the middle of assembling an engine onto a stand and have the car hoisted into the air is that really what you're thinking about? Lmao

I did what I needed to do right then and there to get the problem sorted so I could get the car going. Hell it would have cost me almost 100 bucks o ship the things back even if I wanted. I figured a problem such as small as this based on experience in the past the seller would have no problem working with me. Sadly that was not the case as he basically told me I dont know how to thread in a bolt and accused me of foul play.

The good news is anyone who does business with this guy can now see this thread and be warned that if they have a problem he wont be standing behind it.

Even after I sent him that receipt above he told me to pound sand.....Like wtf does he want? If I was going to lie I think my bill would be a bit more than that lmao. Anyway after he told me that I just called the CC company and disputed the transaction for an amount I thought was fair.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbird555
here are the comments we have been exchanging. just open the file attached. just want everyone to know what a class act this guy is. I didnt want to leave trader feedback until after we got this resolved but he took it upon himself this morning to bash me after I filed with paypal.

I'm the class act? How about the $$ you want to refund comes out be to within $10 of your original offer for the heads? . $120 to repair 1 thread? Please.. Or is it $125? Why didn't you just make the receipt out for a billionty dollars?
Let's start here.

My online reputation means a lot to me, which is why I brag about my (until now) 100% positive over 15 YEARS of buying and selling. Why would I start BS'ing now? Over 10 years on this site, I've only sold a handful of parts. I am very clear on the condition, and note everything.

I communicated with you throughout the whole purchasing process, and made sure the parts shipped ASAP, it's your money, I wouldn't want to wait either. I communicated with you in a timely manner when you contacted me AFTER you damaged the heads. I stopped dealing with because there was nothing left to say.

So.. here's why I refuse to deal with you.

1 - I know the condition of the heads when they left my possession. There were 0 (ZERO) issues with them. They were in new condition, I priced them this way, and I 100% inspected them. This is why I am so hard-lined on my response to you.

2 - You say you hand threaded the bolt into the head.. .if the threads were damaged, they would not hand thread. Something sounds iffy with your claim.

3 - I have nothing to gain from posting my feedback to you. I knew this would start a **** storm from you and half the people reading this will side in your favor, because the seller is always the a-hole until proven right. Reputation means a LOT to me. But on principle I wanted people to know you messed something, and are trying to get me to cough up money for your screw up. Even half of the $120 (or is it $125?, the number keeps changing... fishy??) is not acceptable to me. In retrospect, your bullshit shakedown for $60 (or $62.50?) would have probably been worth it but principle is principle. You screwed up the threads, shame on you for trying to be a dick and shake somebody down on this.

So. In summary, as I already posted in your feedback post, this is how things could have gone differently.

1) Contact the seller BEFORE doing anything, the fact that you didn't is fishy from my viewpoint. It threw huge red flags to me.

2) Document what you CLAIM you found. You didn't. There is a receipt for not-the-same-amount of money, and you contacted me at least a DAY later than when you claim to have found an issue. If it was me, I'd have stopped right there, and gotten a hold of the seller. That's just me, maybe those that read this will agree with me.

Had you done either of those things, I would have continued to deal with you and work something out. The WAY you went about it,contacting me after you head the heads on the motor and in the car sounded, and still sounds, very sketchy to me.

This whole deal sucks, you've tainted my perfect reputation, but principle is principle.

Last edited by beertestr; 06-02-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Wow, listen ma I'm going to lay a couple things out for you and HOPEFULLY you get it.

1. I had the motor on a stand being assembled ready to go back into a car that had to be running in 2 days. So the last thing on my mind was stopping all of that and trying to get you pics. In the end asking you for 65 bucks to help me fix the head was something I thought would be easily taken care of and this WHOLE thing would have been avoided. You would have gotten positive feedback and we would have parted ways happily.

2. Your reputation is tarnished because of the way you acted. And yes now everyone can see what transpired, again by your own actions.

3. I dont care if you've been selling stuff for 3,5,7, or 100 years. If you are dick then it doesnt matter how much experience you have. I have a 400 rating on ebay 100% positive feedback and have over 3000 posts along with buying and selling 100's of different things on here that I just dont have trader ratings for. Does that make me a good person? NOPE it actually doesnt prove much of anything if you dont stand behind it.

4. Get over yourself about the price I offered 700 shipped for the heads and then ultimately agreed to pay what YOU wanted. Is it a coincidence that I asked for 65 bucks at first to help out with the heads? Ya, but who cares. The price of machine work is what it is. I happen to live in a place where machine work is pretty damn expensive. If you go through life thinking everyone is out to screw you, you are going to be pretty miserable but by the posts and accusations you made it sounds like you are.

5. You're telling me you put exhaust headers on the heads and torqued each bolt down? You're saying I cant torque a bolt down? The head was not cross threaded the bolt went in fine, not crooked, cross eyed or backwards. However it would not tighten down because the threads were pulled out. Its pretty damn hard to see that as I could BARELY see it when I looked into the hole. I can tell you at first glance they didnt look bad.

6. You're seriously going to argue the receipt is for 120 and I originally posted 125? Like is that really what you're down to grasping now after I posted all the pm's and screenshots of you along with a receipt for the work????

Point of this all being for 65 bucks you could have avoided this whole fiasco but you insisted on making yourself look like a ***** and now everyone can see it.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Show me pictures of the damage you claim, show me pictures of the repair, and we can talk. You offered up none, just "hey give me $60", and when I refused, you made a paypal claim. It was my first ever paypal claim, and it's a shock to have your account cleaned out until I the issue is resolved.

Your depiction of the condition of the threads gets worse every time you describe it, your most recent description would have been visually evident. I inspected the heads with a pin light in every hole, I would have seen the damage you are describing, probably to the naked eye.

I followed the transaction rules, and paypal agreed. You did not.

I had an old LT1 head repaired once, it was $35, in and out in 20 mins. So yeah, I have issue with $120 or $125, whatever it is.

This would have gone a lot different if you had contacted me IMMEDIATELY. You had no problem PM'ing me a lot asking questions before buying. But you claim you did repairs to the head without contacting me when you thought there was a problem I was responsible for. From my viewpoint, something seems odd.

It's a matter of perception, I have been very clear with you, I answered every question you had about the heads, and was very clear with you. But you have not been forthcoming for proof of items you think I'm responsible for.

So, from 1000+ miles away, you are giving me the impression you are not being truthful.

In summary, I really wish you contacted me immediately.... with pictures.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol motor is in the car and running you can see it in the other threads so I'm not pulling stuff off there. If you think someone is going to try to screw you for 60 bucks on a 780 deal then I feel sorry for ya.

Im done mods can close the thread if they please, nothing constructive will come of this. I got the money back from the CC that I asked and now its mastercard's problem to deal with.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redbird555
Lol motor is in the car and running you can see it in the other threads so I'm not pulling stuff off there. If you think someone is going to try to screw you for 60 bucks on a 780 deal then I feel sorry for ya.

Im done mods can close the thread if they please, nothing constructive will come of this. I got the money back from the CC that I asked and now its mastercard's problem to deal with.
So, in review, your position is...

"I have no information to support my claim, give me $60"

We can now let everybody that sees this draw their own conclusions. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2015, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Default will never do buisness with you

In my opinion you acted like kind of a dick when talking to the fellow you sold the heads to, you act like there is no way you could have missed that stripped hole, instead of calling him a liar straight up, maybe you should have had a little tact, he had a receipt for the repair and gone to great lengths to try to reason with you , I know he could have stripped the threads himself (I get where you're coming from) but I think you could have handled it more professionally. No I know that you will probably tell me to **** up a rope ,but $67 could have saved you a lot of face on this website.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Seahawkfan
In my opinion you acted like kind of a dick when talking to the fellow you sold the heads to, you act like there is no way you could have missed that stripped hole, instead of calling him a liar straight up, maybe you should have had a little tact, he had a receipt for the repair and gone to great lengths to try to reason with you , I know he could have stripped the threads himself (I get where you're coming from) but I think you could have handled it more professionally. No I know that you will probably tell me to **** up a rope ,but $67 could have saved you a lot of face on this website.
You're absolutely right, paying him $60 and walking away from all of this would have been easier, but I chose not to on principle. Sorry you already judged in the other guys favor, I expected some would side with him, regardless of the facts. I'm disappointed you feel that way, but it is what it is.

I left negative feedback because I think the buyer is hiding something, making it up to get some money back, or damaged the heads himself. I may be completely wrong of his motives but he has done nothing to prove otherwise and I am confident of the condition of the parts I sold.

Trader feedback is there for a reason, i stated the facts and my opinion of the transaction. The buyer took the effort to make his own feedback post AND try to slam me by making a forum thread, and I'm the dick?
Old 06-02-2015, 06:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by beertestr
You're absolutely right, paying him $60 and walking away from all of this would have been easier, but I chose not to on principle. Sorry you already judged in the other guys favor, I expected some would side with him, regardless of the facts. I'm disappointed you feel that way, but it is what it is.

I left negative feedback because I think the buyer is hiding something, making it up to get some money back, or damaged the heads himself. I may be completely wrong of his motives but he has done nothing to prove otherwise and I am confident of the condition of the parts I sold.

I made this up to save 60 bucks? And even you admit you may be wrong. You have no proof to the contrary but you decide to go that way and call me a liar?

Lol if you're so into principles you should try following the one where you dont call the customer a liar right out of the gate or accuse him of not being able to thread in the bolt. I assembled the engine and swapped it into the car that day, pretty sure I threaded all those bolts in correctly.......

Trader feedback is there for a reason, i stated the facts and my opinion of the transaction. The buyer took the effort to make his own feedback post AND try to slam me by making a forum thread, and I'm the dick?

I only made the effort to do that after you refused to work with me AT ALL. I already said this never would have happened if you could have just been civil. You can see that by just looking at the dates on the pm's. You wouldn't budge 10 bucks on the price you wanted for the heads, and now you keep griping that I did all of this to rip you off of 60 bucks. You sound pretty damn cheap to me......And ya I still think you're the dick.

If I wanted to make this whole thing up, dont you think I may have asked for like half the amount of 350-400? If not then I cant help you.... I didnt make this thread over 60 bucks, I made it because you took it upon yourself to be a complete asshat to someone who trusted your word on a part. Look at the dates on all those pms and emails and see who started acting like a dick first. People deserve to see that if you're going to be selling parts on here.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've known the seller for 13 years. He has always been a stand up guy. I usually build my own motors, while I was still in Afghanistan, I wanted to put together a motor when I got home as a deployment present to me. I knew I would not have enough time when I got home to do everything myself. (pull my good motor, build a new motor and install it, tune it and have it running so I could report back to Georgia. This was during x-mas leave. Two weeks to get home, spend time with family, do the x-mas thing, and the motor swap) I trust him so much, I asked him to build it for me, he did, couldn't be happier. There are countless times and people who would tell similar stories.

I truly believe that you had enough time to at least take a picture or two to show the damage, and the fix to back you up. I know I would, it wasn't like you spent $50.00, right, you spent hundreds of dollars. Any business would have asked the same thing, present your proof, we'll go from there. As I said, I know the seller personally, and I know he would have been more than happy to help you out, that's just the way he is.

Obviously you have his contact information, why didn't you take five minutes to call, text, e-mail, something? I've worked at some of the most recognizable names in the auto industry as prototype, development, and run my own shop as well. I know it doesn't cost that much to install a heli-coil, kingsert. They cost around $40.00 if you buy the set yourself. I know, I have many sets in my shop right now. It's a very simple process to install one, ask around. They overcharged you, why I cannot say, but, that is not the point is it?

You want to be re-reimbursed for your payment to the shop who did the work. He is asking for proof of a damaged part. Both parties are not asking for anything more than I or any other person would ask for.

Pay Pal did not back you because they are a business as well, and could justify the sellers points, not yours. Your credit card company may very well do the same.

For others to start jumping in and start a bash fest really isn't going to help either of you out. If people do not want to purchase from the seller anymore, so be it. I can tell you that they will have a hard time finding someone who will stand behind what they are selling more than he will.

Best to both of you, I hope this works out somehow.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Except I already got my money back from the CC company which is fine with me. Most CC's will back the customer pretty well. Listen, I've had friends for 13 years that would do anything to have my back. So I have no doubt you'd do the same. You don't know me but you know him so with that said that's about as far as I'll agree with you.

Finally it cost that much because I was in a rush and needed it that day which was a Saturday mind you. The car had to be 200 miles away in 48 hours. Now with that said most modern companies would consider the receipt for a repair proof enough. However I then went so far as just ask him to cover half. At least I'm offering something to support my claim while the sellers is that I apparently can't thread in a bolt and that there's no way he could miss the bad thread from the start.

Again PayPal declined the claim because I had them fixed without speaking to them first. That. Was the reason told to me when I spoke with them. Nothing more

I apologized here and many times for not immediately stopping and taking a picture. Like I said I had a deadline to get the car done and faced this delay. My only thought was getting it fixed and getting it done. Did I really think someone was going to start attacking me and calling me a liar over 60 dollars? Hell no. That right there is poor character and there's no excuse for that. If you notice I have not called him a liar or accused him of selling me something he knew was faulty. Because I honestly believe he just didn't see it. Yet he came in right from the start accusing me of lying and ripping him off. That says a lot about where someone comes from and how they conduct business. There's no pics or any documents that are needed to prove that.

You can even see in the last pm response according to him he gave to me a screaming deal on the heads. Right there he's saying that even if I had something wrong he wouldn't want to do much because I apparently ripped him off already even though i paid his asking price. That's just wrong who cares what I paid for them, if I paid a price for good heads that's what I expect. Not that I got such a good deal I should just eat the repair.... Which is pretty much what he said in that pm.

However after all his accusations, I still have proof from the shop saying the repair was done....all he has to say is there no way his 1000 point inspection before the sale could have missed a bad thread. So at least I'm bringing something to back my claim.....

End of story, the guy has a **** poor attitude towards customers and I hope many read this thread and do not purchase parts from him.

Last edited by redbird555; 06-03-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red bird didn't I warn you about this , you could have bought my brand new heads
Old 06-07-2015, 11:49 AM
TECH Veteran

I been warned not to buy nothing off this site period LOL. Someone screw me out my money I have a nice 357 snug nose I carry in my console with hollow point bullets I made at work ready for usage.

Almost forgot to mention that I love to travel also.... so a visit would be expected.

Quick Reply: Beertestr wont refund me anything...