Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Possible scammer alert? Autohomeparts

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So has anyone reported this guy to the moderators?
Seems like they don't really moderate this site like thy did a few years ago.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Just sent me a message trying to sell me LS6 exhaust valves.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...arts-scam.html

Many others having same dealings.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewkidontheBlock93
Yea I knew not all 243s did not have yellow springs but I thought the ls6 ones should have had them if nobody ditched them yet
Yea some C5 Z06 243 Heads came with Blue Valve springs which were stronger...
Old 12-01-2015, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dtaylor
Just sent me a message trying to sell me LS6 exhaust valves.
Try to get some info from him like a phone number to call him and talk about the deal. Might be able to help bust him if he's really scamming people. The authorities can find him off a phone number.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by breze84
Yea some C5 Z06 243 Heads came with Blue Valve springs which were stronger...
Either way did not have blue or yellow springs so that caught my eye so i asked for more pics which he sent me right away, but where obviously not the same heads as the first pics..
Old 12-02-2015, 05:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by axe murderer
So has anyone reported this guy to the moderators?
Seems like they don't really moderate this site like thy did a few years ago.
BINGO..........moderators don't ban the bad guys then the scammers come back and do it again..
Old 12-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Teching In

He just messaged me asking if I was still looking for a carb intake for square port heads. He wanted my information, I'm glad I saw this before I did anything. Thanks for the heads up guys.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Taxman20
Yea, good catch on this idiot. He is the type that ruins it for the rest of us. As for Paypal and the fees, If you have good feedback on this forum or I know of you, then I will send as a gift every time to save the fee. I have yet to get burned because I check the seller out first. On a seller that has little or zero posts here and no one knows who it is, I wont buy his stuff at all. I never trust a person that his first post is something for sale. Kind of a red flag for me.
Sending money as a gift to buy parts from anyone is essentially stealing in my book. PayPal offers there service at a very reasonable rate. I will cover the PayPal fees on a transaction most of the time just to avoid any trouble. It is literally pennies on the dollar. If I gotta worry about that then I should be saving money instead of buying toy car parts. Just my .02.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Has nothing to do with not being able to afford the fee. I have plenty, I'm just a tight *** LOL. Paypal has and makes plenty of money. They were owned and started by Ebay. So you paid your fee at Ebay and then again for the Paypal fee. I think they have now split off from each other, but again, they make plenty. I have made paypal payments in the thousands for purchases. Your looking at hundreds of dollars for the fee. As for stealing, I don't see it that way at all. The fee is an insurance policy for the purchase. I am choosing not to buy the insurance.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Taxman20
Has nothing to do with not being able to afford the fee. I have plenty, I'm just a tight *** LOL. Paypal has and makes plenty of money. They were owned and started by Ebay. So you paid your fee at Ebay and then again for the Paypal fee. I think they have now split off from each other, but again, they make plenty. I have made paypal payments in the thousands for purchases. Your looking at hundreds of dollars for the fee. As for stealing, I don't see it that way at all. The fee is an insurance policy for the purchase. I am choosing not to buy the insurance.
Usually a business is out to make money, hence why they are doing it. You dont pay because they have plenty of money, you say you have plenty of money, yet I bet if someone doesn't pay you and cheats your system, you would be upset and go after them. Make sense.... Seen too many times people get pissed at PayPal cuz they wont support them and their purchase, but they did it F&F..

I get it, I do. I get that you are paying for the insurance essentially, and by doing F&F, you are taking on liability, but I guess maybe I am just a "true" guy and do things the right way if I can, and not screw someone just because they have "plenty" of money.

Last edited by M6WS6; 12-02-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Yep, I own 2 businesses and have money not paid all the time. Sure it sucks, but its not going to ruin me. Its part of doing business. We build these known or potential losses into our pricing. So basically its covered when it happens.

Example, Just like in health insurance. We pay high premiums to cover the losses that medical providers see from people that do not pay their medical bills. So when that person doesn't pay a bill, the company not being paid really doesn't have a real loss. Its built in to the bill the paying customer has. My wife is in the medical field, believe me, doctors aren't losing money due to people not paying bills.

If Paypal is actually losing money because of this, then Paypal needs to charge for every transaction and not offer the free gift payment at all. If they were losing money you can bet your *** that this free payment option would go away quickly.

If it cant be seen this way, then we will agree to disagree.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

So you are saying PayPal adjusts the charges for the honest paying customers to make up for the thieves? Damn, I guess you should pay all of us suckas .000000001 dollars. Explain however makes you feel better, it doesn't make it right. Using a thieving *** insurance company for an example points to most people's point.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, it looks like we wont agree and that's fine with me. It has nothing to do with honesty. If they were really worried about it, they would fix the loophole.

Lets brake this down as simple as it can be or at least as simple as I can make it. It may just muddy the water more. The fee is to pay for a benefit. What does this fee do for YOU? It adds the benefit of an insurance policy to your transaction in the case of a bad deal. You are given your money back and then they look into the situation and the seller to see what went wrong and then make it right. So, Paypal actually has to spend man hours which cost them money to take care of the situation. IF a person CHOOSES not to purchase this insurance policy by not paying the fee, then Paypal is out nothing because they will never help me if the deal is bad. I am willing to assume that risk on my end. There will never be a bad deal for them to chase and repair issues for the buyer or seller. Hence they are not out any money. The system is running no matter how you pay, it transfers money, that's all. Its not costing them anything for the system to do what its already doing. Its a program that was paid for a long time ago. How is the transfer of funds for a purchase of an item costing Paypal any more money than funds transferred as a gift? Simple answer is........... It's not.

Sit on the high horse if it makes you feel better. I work the system, I don't let it work me. If your worried about the fee and paypal going broke, then add 3% to your sales price and send Paypal a check.

And you are also completely lost on insurance as well which most of the population is as well so your not alone. Its not the insurance company that's costing us all tons of money, its the providers that have to compensate for the actual losses. Its really not that complicated. The doctor or hospital charges 1000.00 for something they can really do for 200.00 to compensate for losses. So our insurance is paying more because the provider charges more, which in turn the insurance companies charge us more to pay for the high costs charged by the provider. Now don't get me wrong, the insurance companies cause some of this problem themselves. That's because they only pay the providers what THEY feel the work performed was worth. So for every 100.00 charged by the providers to insurance companies, that provider may only see about 30.00. So another area that screws the doctors which causes them to compensate with higher fees which IS an area that pisses me off about the insurance companies. Medical Insurance is a vicious cycle of bad deals. And yes, I have that experience too. I just sold my insurance agency this year. It was a third business. Plus again, my wife has been in the medical field all of her life. From billing to practice.

I am done with this topic of fees since it wasn't the topic of the OP. They need to catch this guy trying to scam people. Period. If someone has a contact phone number for the seller then it needs to be given to the authorities in the city he is located in.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Isn't it technically against PayPal policy to charge the buyer the PayPal fee? Everyone on here seems to want the buyer cover the 3% transaction fee which IMHO is wrong. The fee is part of the privilege of using their service - similar to the fees a business pays for accepting credit card payments from customers.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:23 PM
LS1Tech Staff

FYI to all:

autohomeparts has been banned from the site for scamming via PM system. Thanks for the report.

-TECH Staff.

Quick Reply: Possible scammer alert? Autohomeparts