Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Hinsonsupercars

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hinsonsupercars

Brian has taken care of everything and I am sorry for jumping to conclsusions with such harsh words .

I admit he has done a great job making up for things that I have not been happy about . I let my anger get the best of me with the last post . I should have talked it over with Brian rather then an employee of his .

I feel that After all is said and done I came out ahead on this deal .
Thanks Brian .

Last edited by robb4964; 10-28-2004 at 02:42 PM. Reason: new information
Old 10-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Launching!

still waiting on my cooling system, MC, and wiring harness from them. Been around 6 months now i think.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm pretty sure you're dealing with Lane. At any rate, I was going to buy the set of anniversary leather interior from an '02 SS they had, originally Brian and I agreed on a set amount >$1000 (can't remember the exact figure). After that, everything kinda went downhill, about 2 weeks later he comes back asking for more money, AFTER we had already agreed on the price PLUS SHIPPING. I kinda went back and forth on it, and eventually asked for a refund. It took about another 2 weeks, but he did refund my payment in FULL.
Before entering into an agreement with him, I started a thread asking if anyone had good experiences with him, I got a lot of responses, I'll repost the thread if I can find it. But my experience was average at best, and only good in the end because I got my $ back. Hope it gets better for you guys.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Site sponser?
Old 10-26-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's the thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/174423-brianhinson-anyone-bought-him.html

I think I have to make a slight edit to my response, when I was dealing with him, he had just gotten married at the time and left for his Honeymoon, which explained some of the stuff that happened to me, but the guys who posted in response to my thread apparently helped me out, perhaps you can contact them also?
Old 10-26-2004, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

is this hinson out of tuscaloosa
Old 10-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Default hinsonsupercars

That all I need to hear, won't be ordering from there.

Originally Posted by MARKSZ71
is this hinson out of tuscaloosa
Old 10-26-2004, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the warning.....The are plenty of places to spend my money....It wont be there....Sooner or later there won't be any customers for them to screw.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by My'98-Z
Thanks for the warning.....The are plenty of places to spend my money....It wont be there....Sooner or later there won't be any customers for them to screw.
Unfortunately, they have the LS1 powered RX7 market cornered. Hopefully, that will change soon.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

I'll go down there and whoop his *** for you for a small fee. J/K

Last edited by BDiddy#11; 10-26-2004 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is in the wrong forum. I'm going to move it to the Feed Back Forum.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:30 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd like to see Brian's/Lane's side of the story posted up before drawing conclusions. Sounds like there are some holes in this story somewhere. I know the guys over @ HSupercars and I dont think those guys would be threatening to kick someone's *** over a radio. I highly doubt it....

Brian Hinson is a personal friend of mine, and a good guy. I'll give him a call and get him to respond to this thread....
Old 10-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Well I have spent over $4000 with Brain and Lane at hinson supercars. I havent had any trouble with them at all , if something needed correcting it may have taken a little time but they got it done , they went out of their way to keep me happy. Im sure there is more to this story than just a pissed off customer. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

This situation has been misrepresented. Robert Burns had full opportunity to inspect the purchased used parts. Had there been any problem, he should have refused them and/or requested others. For the electronic parts (not easily inspected), the radio sold to him works perfectly. As any Fbody owner knows, the radio will lock when power is disconnected for anti-theft protection.

Even after Robert left inappropriate messages when not able to reach us, we still offered to help Robert after his purchase was completed. We exchanged a steering column even though he was given the opportunity to inspect it on pickup, and when a co-worker attempted to give him the instructions to unlock the radio, Robert emotionally blew up on the phone. Mr. Burns began yelling similar to past unprovoked phone messages. While I do not support the comments of my co-worker, Robert’s immature actions provoked the inexcusable response. For the poor handling of the past phone conversation, I apologize on my co-worker's behalf.

Robert Burn’s entire purchase order has been fulfilled with free shipping on parts not available on initial pickup. No refund was offered on the door, as all parts should have been inspected prior to the “as is” purchase. We made an exception on the steering column to help someone in a time of need.

Robert Burns - If you wish to discuss your purchase further, please contact us directly in a civil manner later this afternoon. I will see if I can be of further assistance.

All buyers through these miscellaneous parts sales are notified that the sales are not affiliated with HSC.

FenixSS – The delay in your shipment was due to the larger order and packing labor required. When the packages were ready to go, we realized that the before agreed “shipped” price was not going to be possible due to our under-estimated high shipping costs to Hawaii. We then emailed you with an offer to split the difference in our shipping estimate or offer you a full refund. I did not get a response from you prior to leaving for my honeymoon, so your full refund was processed immediately on my return.

To the individuals in this thread with complaints, I request that you please contact us with your concerns. I work very hard to insure our customers are satisfied both in HSC and non-HSC purchases. If given the opportunity, I’m sure that we will be able to work through any conflict in a civil and satisfying way.

We deeply appreciate the support of our past customers and friends.

Brian Hinson
HinsonSuperCars.com
”Engineering the LS1 Powered RX7”
brian@hinsonsupercars.com
Old 10-27-2004, 11:32 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,207 Likes on 773 Posts

I don't take sides on these threads but shipping to Hawaii is HIGH. I sold a set of valve covers for a fixed price and I lost money due to the shipping, I had no idea it was much much higher. I'm sure the price of shipping seats must be much higher as well.

Regarding the locked radio, it does happen.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This may or may not help

I read of all the time problems with Hinson's and when the opportunity came up for me to pick up a nearly done car I called Brian and worked out a deal with him.

Regardless of how others have had trouble, my experience was excellent. The car was shipped there and it was completed in the time they said it was to be completed. Nearly to the hour. I believe they got the car on Wednesday, tore out the old wiring, installed a new exhaust and fuel system, wired up the computer and finished the misc stuff that needed to be done.

I drove away at 12 noon the following Saturday and I just parked the car for the winter problem free.

Lane can definitely get the work done, little more management in places and things would really pick up there.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

Default Update

Just to let everyone know Brian has done more then enough to fix this problem and handled it very proferssionally .
As for me , I owe hm an apolagy for jumping to conclusions . I should have heard things from him rather then en employee .

Thanks Brian .

Last edited by robb4964; 10-28-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Deleting the thread might keep the few that just see the title w/o reading all this from running away from the idea of giving them business...Just something to gnaw on...
Old 10-28-2004, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

Default Hinsonsupercars Customer Service

Just to let everyone know , Brian Hinson Of Hinson supercars has done more then enough to fix the problem that I thought existed .
I may have jumped to conclusions Listening to an employee of the company rather then Talking it over with brian himself. For this I apolagize .
I just contacted him and learned that due to Circumstances beyond his control that He was unavailable for calls and was not present to handle my problem .

Thanks for being so professional Brian . I appreciate your fast action to resolve this problem .

Last edited by robb4964; 10-28-2004 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Hinsonsupercars