Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

c5racer Seems Fishy! (e-bay type scam?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default c5racer Seems Fishy! (e-bay type scam?)

I looked up C5racer's past posts and found that many of the items he had listed for sale were labeled as "new". I was interested in the McLeod adj. master he had for sale and upon e-mailing him with my inquries, this is the response I got:

Actually I have to get rid of them to make space in my garage. I closed my paypal account due to unauthorized fradulent charges. I can do a money order or camarokid on ls1 tech western unioned the money and I shipped it today and gave him the tracking number. I always provide a tracking number with my shipped products. Actually if you want to western union it, it costs 22 dollars but if you want to go out of your way to do that, I will still sell for $160. Just incorporate the fee into the price. That's what camarokid and I agreed on. It worked out just fine. Let me know. Thanks for the reply. Have a good night.

Sean

This really reeks of the recent scams being pulled on e-bay. Has anyone actually bought anything from ths guy?
Old 01-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once a Western Union money transfer is picked up , you have no recourse . It does smell a little fishy. I'd keep looking for another seller or have it sent COD.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree. Never, never send money like that for parts or services. Lots of scams going on right now using Western Union and such. COD or nothing.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Staging Lane

I sent him a pm about a mcleod twin disk clutch. His posts says $600 new WTF?? Thought it was a great deal at first and then looked up his past posts. Don't think i'll be dealing with him.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Banned

Default Your loss not mine!!!!!!!!

I understand you guys think I am shady and just out to hustle some good people out of money, but you're WRONG!!!!!!!!!! I have dealt with a couple of people already and have had no problems. So go ahead and doubt me but once I build some good references on this forum, you'll be singing a different tune.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Default c5racer

I bought a lt1 mcleod twin off this guy last friday and got it today he made me a real good deal it was brand new.

Thanks c5racer

Mike
Old 01-31-2005, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Note that slowdawn has 3 posts. Evidence.. but not solid. I'm not a doubter, just happened to browse across the thread and this is what I'd be thinking. Besides, if c5racer were legit.. why would he act like hes not going to hook us up because we doubt his completely fraudulent sounding story. Any legit seller would be happy to show proof. I'm not buying the whole story until some real proof comes.

Peace,
Josh
Old 02-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

Default You snooze you lose!!!!!!

Originally Posted by distortion_69
Note that slowdawn has 3 posts. Evidence.. but not solid. I'm not a doubter, just happened to browse across the thread and this is what I'd be thinking. Besides, if c5racer were legit.. why would he act like hes not going to hook us up because we doubt his completely fraudulent sounding story. Any legit seller would be happy to show proof. I'm not buying the whole story until some real proof comes.

Peace,
Josh
That's cool Distortion. I know everybody's entitled to their own opinion. There is two things that will prove I am legit and that is time and feedback. Just watch as time goes by my feedback will increase. Just keep sitting on your chair of skepticism watch everybody else get "hooked" up.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

You have nothing I want.. *shrug* So sure.. I'll watch them get hooked up
Old 02-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Default c5racer

Just got a new B+M ripper shifter form c5racer he shipped it overnight for $100.00 shipped, got a good deal. I know I"m new to the forum but I do know Jay Billingslys live about 2 hours form him almost bought a fast system form him gave him $50.00 to hold it a week for me so I could make up my mind called him up two days later told him to have dinner on me and went another derection Big Stuff 3 I hope you got a steak Jay which is fine by me I made the deal.Well so for I have bought a new Mcleod twin a Master a B+M ripper and A new high tork starter coming tomorrow form c5racer all very good deals.Thanks for all the parts.
Mike

PS Say Jay is that steak good!
Old 02-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Default c5racer

I got my High Tork Starter today c5racer I will buy again.
Thanks Mike
Old 02-07-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by c5racer
I understand you guys think I am shady and just out to hustle some good people out of money, but you're WRONG!!!!!!!!!! I have dealt with a couple of people already and have had no problems. So go ahead and doubt me but once I build some good references on this forum, you'll be singing a different tune.
If you are not out to scam. Why not provide another way of payment? Open up a new Paypal account, etc.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

He is at it again!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

I find it funny how (slowdawn) only has 5 post but has so much good feedback about the scam artist
Old 03-23-2005, 10:34 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

What is the seller's name and city of origin?
Old 03-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KissMySSo1
I find it funny how (slowdawn) only has 5 post but has so much good feedback about the scam artist

I was laughing at that too. Seriously, "You'll see my feedback grow in time".

Translation:

"Okay, who wants to be my first sucker before I high tail and run?"
Old 03-23-2005, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
What is the seller's name and city of origin?
He says his name is Sean Light. I don't know the point of origin because I never got past the part of the deal where he said just Western Union the money to me and I will send out the McLeoud Master Cylinder. So then I asked him to COD me a McLeoud Master Cylinder and I never heard from him again. I just think that he is shady!
Old 03-29-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he's an idiot too because he can't spell. If I had to guess, I'd say he is posting up as "Slowdawn." Which leads me to wonder, how in the hell could someone screw up and put an a where an o should be? The keys are on the other side of the keyboard. Then he put, "so for" when it should be so far. This guy has his a's and o's bassackwards. Don't buy from this guy!
Old 04-04-2005, 05:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slowdawn
I bought a lt1 mcleod twin off this guy last friday and got it today he made me a real good deal it was brand new Thanks c5racer Mike

I got my High Tork Starter today c5racer I will buy again.
Thanks Mike

Just got a new B+M ripper shifter form c5racer he shipped it overnight for $100.00 shipped, got a good deal. I know I"m new to the forum but I do know Jay Billingslys live about 2 hours form him almost bought a fast system form him gave him $50.00 to hold it a week for me so I could make up my mind called him up two days later told him to have dinner on me and went another derection Big Stuff 3 I hope you got a steak Jay which is fine by me I made the deal.Well so for I have bought a new Mcleod twin a Master a B+M ripper and A new high tork starter coming tomorrow form c5racer all very good deals.Thanks for all the parts.
MikePS Say Jay is that steak good!

I find it odd that this guy is buying all his stuff, only has 5 posts, feels the need to update us on every purchase, and found his way to this thread.

I almost bought a shifter from him but backed out once i found out he would only take WU money transfers. Later I found out that his paypal was suspended due to fraud. You have to be proven 3 different times in order to get that suspension. Fraud .... I dunno, didnt take the chance.

Heres a little info i got
Sean
714-470-5171
clight@sprintpcs.com

714 is a California area code

Last edited by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick; 04-04-2005 at 05:49 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Does he think we're stupid ? lol !

Quick Reply: c5racer Seems Fishy! (e-bay type scam?)