Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I left PSJ a note about this.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

If it makes you feel any better, something similar happened with some HP boat parts near me about two years ago. A guy from Ohio got screwed and posted about it on the major offshore boating forum. Soon after others started saying this POS scamed them as well. Come to find out, the POS lived in is parents house on the ocean not far from me. The guys that got scammed contacted the feds along with some other people they were able to find who also got scammed on ebay. While the legal stuff was taking place I grabbed a couple of friends from the gym and paid him a visit to collect parts or money for my online friend in Ohio. He didn't produce either and called the cops. The next night I heard he got the living **** kick out of him and will never be able to walk normal again (wasn't us ). About nine months ago he got sent up the river for something like 15 years for he case they built against this losser.

I don't think anyone ever got any of their items or cash back, but at the end of the day the snake certainly got what was coming to him.

Blu and others that got scammed,
You aren't going to get anything from this guy (probably a 18-25 y/o punk living with mommy). Join together and legally stick it to him regardless of the cost and time. He WILL do time. Chances are a couple of local good ole' boys will handle things behind the scenes for you as well and the cops will certainly not go crazy looking for them either since they know he's scammed people.

Best of luck guys!
Old 07-23-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just called Chris and told him I'd like a forum member to pick up my head unit tonight since the tracking number was invalid. He says the blower unit and intake manifold were shipped today. He plans to ship the wheels on Monday. Only the wheels are at his house.

Chris is cooperating in the return of the parts in question, and sounds like only the wheels are there.

I've also been PM'd an old work address of Chris but he no longer works at the "bubble & squeak" resturant, and his parents Chris and Mary are also uninvolved and live out of town. I'd suggest that any return of any other parts should be prearranged with Chris to minimize the stress in the air.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blu00rdstr
I just called Chris and told him I'd like a forum member to pick up my head unit tonight since the tracking number was invalid. He says the blower unit and intake manifold were shipped today. He plans to ship the wheels on Monday.
Don't hold your breath. He's lied about everything to date, why would you believe the sack of **** now??? The second a shipment is logged and issued a tracking number, it is shown in the system... where are the valid tracking numbers?

BTW, have the forum member go over and pick up the wheels.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Hi guys sorry just got home from work, have talked to everyone involved personally, the tracking number for the blower is as follows 1Z78285W0307316005 tHIS IS ups.com. Might not be on there till tomm. or monday but it was shipped this morning at 10:59 AM. at ups store #2742, as for the intake when i got there i had the wrong address to return it to, so it is still here. The wheels and intake will go out monday morning, if someone would like to personally come here and pick the stuff contact the member who owns the intake and the wheels and if they agree to it and call me and let me know whats going on then i will gladly hand them over to whoever they designate to pick them up. I will be home Sunday until about 2 pm, and will return home after 9 pm. I can also be reached at work. My cell # is 248-444-6925. I am really not a scammer just made a few bad decisions and now am trying to make up for it, i understand that i will never be accepted to ls1tech.com for my stupid actions and am truly sorry for that, anyone who was wronged will be paid back 100%. As said if the parties cant wait til monday then i will gladly give these items over to someone else.
Thanks
Chris
Old 07-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Tribe Shaman

Originally Posted by camaro99ss427
Hi guys sorry just got home from work, have talked to everyone involved personally, the tracking number for the blower is as follows 1Z78285W0307316005 tHIS IS ups.com. Might not be on there till tomm. or monday but it was shipped this morning at 10:59 AM. at ups store #2742, as for the intake when i got there i had the wrong address to return it to, so it is still here. The wheels and intake will go out monday morning, if someone would like to personally come here and pick the stuff contact the member who owns the intake and the wheels and if they agree to it and call me and let me know whats going on then i will gladly hand them over to whoever they designate to pick them up. I will be home Sunday until about 2 pm, and will return home after 9 pm. I can also be reached at work. My cell # is 248-444-6925. I am really not a scammer just made a few bad decisions and now am trying to make up for it, i understand that i will never be accepted to ls1tech.com for my stupid actions and am truly sorry for that, anyone who was wronged will be paid back 100%. As said if the parties cant wait til monday then i will gladly give these items over to someone else.
Thanks
Chris

i see this has been posted before by blu

Unable to track shipment "1Z 782 85W 03 0731 600 5".

UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

Remember, UPS Tracking Numbers appear in the following formats:
1Z 999 999 99 9999 999 9
9999 9999 999 9
T999 9999 999

(1044)

i know for a fact as soon as the number is isssued the shippers address and time of recipt of package is posted,
later details will be posted of the package in transit and where it had stoped to be scaned in and out. that is the UPS way.

fellow members of LS1tech that live in the MI area, you have offered to go by's this clown house to pay him a visit and gather everybodys stuff.
please print the post of what is to be returned, who it belongs too, and PLEASE take care of your fellow members by retriving it with the aid of the LOCAL POLICE, a crime has been commited, please see that justice is served.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

im willing to go pick up the parts adn have a few fellow members willing to go with me to video tape to vefiy excatly how this goes down. Guys let me know what im picking up and make sure he knows im coming and how much money he is to hand to me with the parts
Old 07-23-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

, anyone who was wronged will be paid back 100%. As said if the parties cant wait til monday then i will gladly give these items over to someone else.
Thanks
Chris
I'm out $122.05 for shipping, its going to cost you at least $60 to get them back here, I trust you about as far as I could throw you.... from here...... you claim to want to make things right.... give my wheels/tires to brad aka ta12sec + $180 and then maybe we can work things out, otherwise...... I dont believe any z06 wheels even existed, or were shipped and shipment canceled in transit, that needs to be proven!, and I think you'll have a hard time coming up w/ those items by monday, especially w/ all the other people that are getting f'ked, I know if I was doing a trade and got pictures and agreed to a deal, got the item and didnt like it, I'd be on the phone that second letting the other person know, you didnt return any of my messages, and I had to do days of research on you and track you down at work... and only then did you make up an excuse about one of the wheels being bent.... they were just doing 138mph on the track smooth as silk.... but thats not the real reason anyway is it?... you just wanted to rip someone off for wheels, a blower, a manifold, more parts you could sell or use,... you may think your fooling people and talkin a good game but I can see right past your B.S. lies, there's two other people just this week on this forum that got ripped off by you.....
either you hand my wheels/tires(same condition you got them, no sledge hammer marks ect..) + $180 CASH over to brad aka ta12sec
or I have $422.05 in my paypal account by this sunday morning(7/24/05) and you keep them
I'm not taking any more of your bs, if neither of those suit you then brad aka ta12sec will pick up my wheels/tires and I will pursue my other options.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

blu and liften you both need to contact chris and let him know if you would like me to pick up your items as well and chris what time is best for you tomorrow for me to pick up at least the wheels if you chose to not paypal assasian
Old 07-24-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default New Camaro99ss427 thread - Resolve Issues Here

This sticky is to help resolve any issues you have with business transactions that you have entered into with camaro99ss427. Again, please read the other sticky concerning the rules. I don't want another all out bashfest. Keep it constructive and we'll see what we can do to help. I will be going through the other thread later tonite or tomorrow morning to prune pertinent information and will post it up in here ASAP. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Banned

well, i had already posted my complaint and my part of the situation but it was deleted and i feel that was disrespectful as hell. no need for me to repost my story sense it is so unimportant.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

like i said, pertinent info will be brought back soon. after seven pages of crap however, pruning that thread wasn't a viable option. i apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

blu00rdstr -

post on 22 JUL 05 - HE RIPPED ME OFF!!!! I SHIPPED MY D1SC TO HIM IN 'TRADE' FOR A F1R!!!! HE NEVER SHIPPED AND CLAIMED MY FED-EX WRAPPED BLOWER UNIT IS A PAIR OF BRICKS!!!!!!

I knew it was too good to be true!!!!

Sonofabitch!!!

ANYONE KNOW HIM?!?!?!?!

Chris J. Downs
6184 Venice Dr.
Commerce Twp., MI.

Quote:
camaro99ss427
Teching In Join Date: Dec 2004

Re: Procharger

--------

Hi Bill, we have a huge problem, im sure you already know this though. When my package came this afternoon the FedEx guy mentioned that it sounded like there was items clanging around in the box, i thought that was strange so i had him and the co-owner to my shop around when i opened the box up, sure enough placed inside to my amazement was a couple of bricks, i called my locsal PD and had them contact UPS and they have put a hold on the F1 and it will be shipped back to me. Im not sure how you guys do business out there but this is surely unacceptable. I dont know if you did this and were going to send the blower once you recieved mine or what? either way i need to know whats going on here? Let me know. I have been advised to only speak to you through email so any other form of communication will be ignored. Let me know here or at my email findindeals12345@hotmail.com . im hoping this is a simple misunderstanding with an explanation.
Thanks
Crhis

------

posted on 23 JUL 05 - I just talked to him on the phone, I'm not sure what to think.

I'm trying to slow my heart beat and start breathing again. My first reaction was to call the Oakland Sheriff dept where I filed all the info I could, they'll have a detective call me back. He says he talked to a sheriff deputy in person. I also start filling out the FBI Internet Fraud forms.

I tend to hit back hard and fast when I feel I was defrauded, but for now, lets' put the torches away, HE MAY HAVE BEEN PRANKED by someone he works with and his FedEx delivery guy. If he was, this is so F*CKED UP by the guy who pranked him! I'm not sure who's *** to kick now.

I'll see what happens in the morning, but Chris sounds as shaken up by this as I feel.

--------

posted on 23 JUL 05 -
But just in case, I did finish the FBI form http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp. I can update at any time.

IFCC COMPLAINT REFERRAL FORM

The following information was provided by the victim and may be forwarded to the appropriate law enforcement or regulatory agencies.

Other Non Delivery of Goods/Services (not from an auction)

Loss: $2,000.00

Date of Complaint: 7/23/05 12:37:41 AM

Victim Information
----
City: Los Altos
Live in city limits: Yes
County: State: CA Zip: 94024
Country USA

Do you have pertinent documents in paper form? Yes

Please indicate who your local law enforcement agency is:
Los Altos Police Department

Please List the easiest way and most convenient time to contact you:
By phone 9-9pst

Information about Individual that victimized you. Name: Chris J Downs
Phone #: 2484446925
Current Email: findindeals12345@hotmail.com
Street Address: 6184 Venice Dr
Suite/Apt/Mail Stop:
City: Commerce Twp
County: State: MI Zip: 48382

Contact between you and the Person/company that victimized you. Type of Contact: Web Page
Date of Contact: 07/19/2005
Total money lost on contact Date: 2000

Money lost in total: 2000

Description of Item:
Trade for one auto part for another, he claims he received bricks. I had
FedEx wrap the part.

--------

posted on 23 JUL 05 -

i contacted bill this morning and explained to him in more detail, the Blower is being shipped back it went out UPS tracking number is 1z78285W0307316005.
Dammit to hell.
http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US
Track by Tracking Number
Track by Tracking Number

Unable to track shipment "1Z 782 85W 03 0731 600 5".

UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

Remember, UPS Tracking Numbers appear in the following formats:
1Z 999 999 99 9999 999 9
9999 9999 999 9
T999 9999 999

(1044)

Return to original tracking request.
-----
-----
-----

liften'em on nittos - post on 23 JUL 05 - i traded intake manifolds with this guy last week i sent my old one out to him and he was supposed to send me his fast 90 and 90mm tb...he said he sent it out ups last friday and i still havn't gotten it. i'm beginning to wonder if i was scammed also. he replied to a pm i sent him yesterday but i still don't have the package and it's been 8 days. i know the manifold i sent him was recieved last thursday. we might have to have a linch mob formed....

paid $57 to ship components.

------

posted on 23 JUL 05 - how about you reemburse me the 57 bucks i paid to ship it to you then? if your fast manifold has already been shipped to me then i'll just have to deny reciept of the one i sent you. but since you're a liar and never shipped out the fast setup to me like you said you did it's a moot point. you're an effin scammer that got caught. mother effin liar. that manifold i sent you i personally pulled off of a 2002 trans am that i personally put it on. it fits PERFECTLY under the cowl of any 98-02 fbody. you're a liar, you never shipped out the fast manifold and tb like you claimed to have.

------

posted on 23 JUL 05 - camaro99ss427
Teching In

--------

Hi MAtt it went out via USPS was scheduled to be there on Friday of this week, let me know
Chris

he sent me this yesterday, says there that the intake manifold and throttlebody were already shipped and should be at my house yesterday. so if you already sent them why would you send me my manifold back? clarify this for all of us you lying son of a bitch.

-------

posted on 23 JUL 05 - Chris just called me about 10 minutes ago and asked for my address to send the intake manifold and 57 for my costs back to me. he insists that he stopped shipping on his items even though it's been established on here already that that can't be done. i'll wait a few days to see if i get my manifold back and if i don't by wednesday then i'll file charges with the fbi etc.

i really appreciate all you guys rallying around and helping out when we found out about this scam artist (not very artfull though) thanks guys.

---------
---------
---------

Assassin - posted on 23 JUL 05 - I've been scamed by this chris downs feller too, we were suposed to make a trade on some wheels, I sent him detailed pics, he sent me some pics, I gave him tracking #'s, he told me he wouldnt have time till tomorrow, next day he says they shipped, still got no tracking number, finally tracked him down at work 4 days later and he tells me one of my wheels are bent so he stopped shipment of his......., and needs to send mine back, to say I'm pissed is an understatement, this guy has obviously burned quite a few other people and there's proof, if there's a name and # to a detective thats handleing all of these I would like it so I can get put on the list of people who've been ripped off by him, I have detailed records of emails and recorded phone conversations......

------

posted on 23 JUL 05 -
, anyone who was wronged will be paid back 100%. As said if the parties cant wait til monday then i will gladly give these items over to someone else.
Thanks
Chris
I'm out $122.05 for shipping, its going to cost you at least $60 to get them back here, I trust you about as far as I could throw you.... from here...... you claim to want to make things right.... give my wheels/tires to brad aka ta12sec + $180 and then maybe we can work things out, otherwise...... I dont believe any z06 wheels even existed, or were shipped and shipment canceled in transit, that needs to be proven!, and I think you'll have a hard time coming up w/ those items by monday, especially w/ all the other people that are getting f'ked, I know if I was doing a trade and got pictures and agreed to a deal, got the item and didnt like it, I'd be on the phone that second letting the other person know, you didnt return any of my messages, and I had to do days of research on you and track you down at work... and only then did you make up an excuse about one of the wheels being bent.... they were just doing 138mph on the track smooth as silk.... but thats not the real reason anyway is it?... you just wanted to rip someone off for wheels, a blower, a manifold, more parts you could sell or use,... you may think your fooling people and talkin a good game but I can see right past your B.S. lies, there's two other people just this week on this forum that got ripped off by you.....
either you hand my wheels/tires(same condition you got them, no sledge hammer marks ect..) + $180 CASH over to brad aka ta12sec
or I have $422.05 in my paypal account by this sunday morning(7/24/05) and you keep them
I'm not taking any more of your bs, if neither of those suit you then brad aka ta12sec will pick up my wheels/tires and I will pursue my other options.

-----

blu00rdstr receipt pic -

assassin receipt pic -
Old 07-24-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Edit......Tomorrow I will try to prune the old thread and bring it back. Until that time, if you need to post something post it up here. Use the above info for reference if you need it. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience but the old thread just got way too out of hand to stay open and in the forum.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 07-24-2005 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

guys my offer still stands it appaears im going to pick up assasins wheels, I will happily pick up any thing else that you arrange with chris prior to me showing up there
chris it would be best to tell me the best time to get said items
Old 07-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Hi have assassin conact me by phone to let me know who you are, you can come get them anytime really, monday they will be getting shipped back with usps so if not by then, they will be gone. you guys have my phone number give me a ring and let me know, and we can arrange a meeting place or i can tell you where i will be at the said time. The intake isnt going to ship until monday either but i already talked to liftin em. But you are more than welcome to come and get em but it must be okayed by assassin and i must hear from them on the phone.
Chris
Old 07-24-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Chris, it would be wise to ship these items via UPS or Fed-Ex where you can track said items easily and effectively. I'm glad to see you've been in touch with the other members but please work with them. If you screw up shipping things this time I doubt people will have much tolerance or give any more leeway, thats just how things go.

Good luck with it all and let me know if I can help. That goes for all members involved.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A big thanks to the forum members here. It's a good feeling to see the community rally around and offer to help forum members across the country.

I had such a sickening 'I-am-so-f*cked' feeling when I heard FedEx Air freight magically turned the D1SC I sent into bricks. The sickening feeling continued when the F1R coming to me in trade magically reversed direction while in UPS transit. While the F1R was in transit, it was somehow discovered it was an F1 all along. It made me sick to think the F1R never existed at all.

A little more research by forum members revealed the shop is actually a house, the shop owner with employees worked at his parents' 'bubble & squeak' resturaunt and was upgrading his own car 'badsst'.

Hail to the members willing to form a posse! Fortunately the moderator recognized the legal implications posting opinions on what should happen next and has protected members by hiding those posts.

At this point I have a UPS tracking tracking number (1z78285W0307316005) for the return of my D1SC, although the UPS tracking system rejects the number. I hope on Monday the system will be updated to accept the out of place character, as Chris swears there is a 'W' on his hardcopy receipt.

Last edited by blu00rdstr; 07-24-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

blu if it doesnt update on ups and somehow it turns that it he acidently shipped his old shoes instead of a head unit but he will "defintaly ship it first thing tomorrow "I will happlily go pick it up and ship it to ya myself if you arrange so with chris

Last edited by ta12sec; 07-24-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok for everybody's information....., today is sunday, and as of around 10:30am my time, my issues w/ camaro99ss427 have been resolved., he has opted to deposit funds in my paypal account and keep my wheels/tires..... so I do not need anybody to go by his house and pick my things up....

I would like to thank all the forum members who are willing to help out when someone is in need! we all owe you one

as for everybody else's things, keep us up to date w/what's happening, I got all I am going to get without going the legal route, we have both agreed that we're done with our situation! hope you can get the same....

Last edited by Assassin; 07-24-2005 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Original & New Camaro99ss427 Thread