Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Y2kforgedSS-Paypal Claim Filed

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006 | 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Y2kforgedSS-Paypal Claim Filed

I purchased a camshaft from him on 1/10/06. It was listed for sale but after payment was made he then said that the cam was still in his car and would be removed for shipping. This wasn't stated in the original listing. https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/434906-patriot-stage-ii-heads-ms3-cam.html

A week later 1/17/06 I inquired about some valve springs he had and this was his response:

Originally Posted by Y2kforgedSS
What springs do you want i have either the patriot double spings or the ls6 springs. Ill give you the ls6 spings for fee if you need them they came out of a 2003 z06 corvette and have less than 12k miles on them if needed. Ill have pics of the cam here by thursday the motor situation went down south after having a terrable weekend but ill have the pics of the cam plus sending it the day its out of the motor. If you need anything else just let me know, but ill check the oil pump and the timing chain for you.

thanx
josh
* Notice he said he would have pics on thursday and send it as soon as it was out. No pics and no response.

I inquired about it again on 1/20/06 and this was his response:

The guy who is pulling my motor got my car in today ill have the all info for you when its pulled if you need insurance on whats going on i can give you the name and # to his shop so you can make sure everything is ok. I feel bad telling you that i would have the cam earlier than now but the owner of the shop is closing it down and moving to oklahoma and my car is going to be the last car he works on considering his forcloser on his house is on the 30th of this month.

the place is Superior Automotive in Borger TX 79007 and his phone # is 806-273-7499. Its a blue camaro ss, so if you call he will let you know but ill get all info on monday for you.

thanx for the wait and sorry its taking so long.
josh
This is all understandable and I was ok with it except that every time I called the # nobody ever answered so I couldn't confirm anything. Also he never got back with me on monday.

Initially I asked him why he was selling and he said:

Well actually i am buying a new motor from a guy and was just parting this one out. I will send pics as soon as cam is out and ill ship it right after.

thanx
josh
On 1/26/06 it appears that he got his new motor (using my money) and almost 2 weeks later I still have nothing not even a response since 1/20/06. https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/443048-juiced346-great-seller.html

I sent him another PM on Sunday 2/5/06 about this and he read it within 2 hours. I have personally seen him online 4 times since then. It's now Tuesday night and guess what? NO RESPONSE! It's been almost a month and I still don't have a clue as to what's going on and I haven't even heard from him in over 2 weeks.

He has a "0" trader rating and yet he supposedly just made a $4500 purchase for his new motor. Be forwarned and deal with him at your own risk.
Old 02-07-2006 | 10:33 PM
TECH Veteran

BOP you appear more than reasonable and I hope this works out for ya. If you are parting out a car/engine a cam takes less than 2 hrs tops to remove. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2006 | 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss rally red
BOP you appear more than reasonable and I hope this works out for ya. If you are parting out a car/engine a cam takes less than 2 hrs tops to remove. Good luck.
Couldn't agree more. I sold him a lid a while back and it was one of the easiest transactions I've ever done. I hope everything works out for you BOP.
Old 02-16-2006 | 08:04 PM
Banned

Josh is a great seller in noway would he try to rip you off, the whole thing about the bad weekend is very true i'm sure you will get your cam just wait for it sometimes things come up and the situation becomes impossible to deal with...You didn't get ripped off he did buy that motor becuase I have seen it first hand...why would he lie about a transaction...
Old 02-16-2006 | 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1 GG
Josh is a great seller in noway would he try to rip you off, the whole thing about the bad weekend is very true i'm sure you will get your cam just wait for it sometimes things come up and the situation becomes impossible to deal with...You didn't get ripped off he did buy that motor becuase I have seen it first hand...why would he lie about a transaction...
So the cam has already shipped right?(02/16/06)
Old 02-17-2006 | 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 GG
Well, maybe Josh was a great seller when you bought something from him. I can tell you for a fact that he isn't a great seller now. It's been over 5 weeks since I sent him money and he won't even respond to pm's or give me an update or anything for that matter. Forget about a bad weekend, I'm talking 5 weeks. Over 3 weeks since I've heard from him.

I did get ripped off! And yes he did buy that motor USING MY MONEY!

I filed a paypal complaint and it takes 10 days to complete the process. Paypal emails both seller and buyer with the complaint so it can be resolved. He never responded to the complaint so paypal sided in my favor. Here's the best part: He cleaned out his paypal account and only left .01 cent in there. So that was what I got back.

1 DAMN PENNY!

If you are going to sell him something:
Don't expect him to pay with paypal because he can't. At least until he either resolves this or creates another paypal account and abandons this one.

I hate scum like this! I've been with ebay for over 5 years and several hundred transactions. Only 1 bad transaction and that was resolved. I come to this board and with only a few transactions with people that we all should consider to be friends or a tight knit family in the LSX community and get screwed.

People like this should be banned for their actions as long as there is proof and I have it.

Sorry for all the BS but I AM PISSED OFF!

Quick Reply: Y2kforgedSS-Paypal Claim Filed