Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Paypal = Bent Over without the vaseline....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 02:07 PM
317indy

I dont know how you guys are having these terrible claims with paypal. I always call, tell them my side of the story, give the other guy x amount of days to respond, if they dont, paypal automatically gives you 170$ or lower amount. You are promised 170$ no matter what because thats the insurance that you are covered for. Well if its over that amount, then they only give you 170$ and wait for them to get reembursed and then if the seller has any money in their bank, or their paypal, they will get you the rest of your money.

Its happend to me 3 times. Each time I got my money back.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paypal is pretty much done for. Google just made their own pay system called google checkout and is simple/easy to use.

checkout.google.com
Old 07-01-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I feel your pain Fleabay and Gaypal are the most corrupt ******* business I have ever seen. Similar thing happened to me. I sold a my subs on ebay for $200 bucks a few years back and the buyer paid via paypal. I sent the subs out and even had delivery and signature confirmation. I ship the subs out, a week later the guy says he has them and leaves me positive feedback, so i think the deal is done right. Well like 2 weeks later I go into my paypal account and I check out my balance and the $200 bucks are GONE! I contact paypl and they said that the seller said he never got the package and so they refunded him the money. I scanned and faxed the shipping delivery confirmation and signature confirmation slips and they said they would take a look at it and process it and like 2 weeks later I got an email back saying that there was nothing they could do and for me to take it up with the post office or the buyer...I was livid because the post office was going to do nothing as they had confirmation that I sent out the package and it was delivered and signed for! I even showed them the postive feedback and they still did nothing. I tried contacting the buyer and obviosuly he never responded and I was stuck basically giving my subs to some assclown for free thanks to paypal. Honestly, they are such a shady company (ebay/paypal). They are more than happy to charge you to post items and to chanrge you for receiving money with their ******* fees, but when it comes down to a dispute they are no where to be found. Even though they state that they hold no responsibility for any messed up transactions between buyer and seller, its pretty sad that they are allowed to get away with that. Rant off and good luck man!
Old 07-03-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ws.6kid
paypal is pretty much done for. Google just made their own pay system called google checkout and is simple/easy to use.

checkout.google.com
Interesting, may have to check that out. Thanks
Old 07-03-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Man I feel your pain Fleabay and Gaypal are the most corrupt ******* business I have ever seen. Similar thing happened to me. I sold a my subs on ebay for $200 bucks a few years back and the buyer paid via paypal. I sent the subs out and even had delivery and signature confirmation. I ship the subs out, a week later the guy says he has them and leaves me positive feedback, so i think the deal is done right. Well like 2 weeks later I go into my paypal account and I check out my balance and the $200 bucks are GONE! I contact paypl and they said that the seller said he never got the package and so they refunded him the money. I scanned and faxed the shipping delivery confirmation and signature confirmation slips and they said they would take a look at it and process it and like 2 weeks later I got an email back saying that there was nothing they could do and for me to take it up with the post office or the buyer...I was livid because the post office was going to do nothing as they had confirmation that I sent out the package and it was delivered and signed for! I even showed them the postive feedback and they still did nothing. I tried contacting the buyer and obviosuly he never responded and I was stuck basically giving my subs to some assclown for free thanks to paypal. Honestly, they are such a shady company (ebay/paypal). They are more than happy to charge you to post items and to chanrge you for receiving money with their ******* fees, but when it comes down to a dispute they are no where to be found. Even though they state that they hold no responsibility for any messed up transactions between buyer and seller, its pretty sad that they are allowed to get away with that. Rant off and good luck man!
If that is true and you had all that proof PLUS positive feedback from that assclown, I would have raised hell, contacted his local PD, as well as (since you had his address) contacted his place of employment, home, parents, whatever, too make his life a living hell. You probably could have taken action against paypal too since they where in the wrong for refunding, they where jsut as much part of the scam as the 'buyer' was. The more people let them get away with this **** the more apt to do it they will be I had a friend that had the same thing happen too, paypal refunded the buyer money when the buyer said he never got it, but it was signed for. It wasnt expensive, but he went to the police dept and they contacted the buyer and he got scared and returned it. I also remember reading someone sold a motorcycle and had it freight delivered, guy said he never got it, and they had paid through paypal, that dude was out a bike. I read this in the ebay seller forums. Dont know what came about from it.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2KThunder
If that is true and you had all that proof PLUS positive feedback from that assclown, I would have raised hell, contacted his local PD, as well as (since you had his address) contacted his place of employment, home, parents, whatever, too make his life a living hell. You probably could have taken action against paypal too since they where in the wrong for refunding, they where jsut as much part of the scam as the 'buyer' was. The more people let them get away with this **** the more apt to do it they will be I had a friend that had the same thing happen too, paypal refunded the buyer money when the buyer said he never got it, but it was signed for. It wasnt expensive, but he went to the police dept and they contacted the buyer and he got scared and returned it. I also remember reading someone sold a motorcycle and had it freight delivered, guy said he never got it, and they had paid through paypal, that dude was out a bike. I read this in the ebay seller forums. Dont know what came about from it.

Yea I had all the proof I needed but paypal wasnt helping out and he wouldnt respond so I just gave up on it as I work in finances in Boston full time and im gone 60 hours a week so I just didnt have the time to pursue it. I wish I could have really gone after them but I just wasnt able to do so. Its bullshit though that they will take action, e.g. give the guy his money back, but then when they are questioned about their actions they bring the whole "we arent resposible/you have to work things out on your own" deal into it. They basically take your money for posting an auction and fees when it sells, then they take a percentage of the payment through their fees, but when they **** up or you get scammed they take little to no action. I mean it sucks for the buyers/seller on the sight, but man what a racket they have going...make money off people through online auctions, but have no responibility for the deal being completed between the buyers and seller, its genious! I love using ebay but I refuse to use it unless I absolutely have to and I wont touch paypal...its good to hear though about the google payment option, I will def have to check it out.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

This is why I just use paypal and western union for business on this sight and this sight only!!! Fk Ebay, and all the other bull **** places. I can find everything i need for my z right here on this sight from a sponser I do not understand why some people try to back road **** by buying stuff from a member with no trade rating or no feedback. Im not saying Ls1tech members are bad but its like every community there are bad seeds, And its those fkers that make life rough. I have used paypal for all my major purchases from sponsers on this sight. No beef what so ever. Now for the reason of my rant. Fker posted a viper T-56 he was out of Austin tx now the price was 1k wich is a dam good deal considering the miles on it 15k So I chose to buy direct for 1,200 he aggred Paypal the fker, Ok shipping info was sent I told this assklown to have Ups drop it in the back yard My step brother is house keeping for me so its cool. Now I got an e.mail from my step brother saying its not a t-56 I tell him send me the pictures, Got the pictures and serial number it was a 5 speed for a camaro 90-96. So now im pisst I do the right thing first I call this turd and tell him he sent the wrong tranny he said he didnot I e.mail him pictures and he even said yeah that is he wrong transmission But the he proceeded to say (you get what you pay for ) And hung up on me So I call him back 3 days later and tell him he has 48hours to return my money he said no he wont refund the full amount. He said he will give me 500 back so I said cool Then I sent out my squad Went to this clowns house, Well guess what he has a really nice zo6 and from what my squad told me was it was hook up turns out this guy is a high roller . So we set the hit on him( I dont violence nor people getting hurt) 3 weeks went by and it was set he frequent some resturant that has valet parking, The guy that was parking cars was a easy con from what I was told 5 dubb sacs!! for u smokers. Well one of my girls posted as a valet parker and turd boy didetn know the differance to keep her safe we let her park the car and leave the key in it. So number two walk through the lot and drove the car off Just like that. Now we dident want the car just the gizmos They took the car to somebodys farm I dont know the guy but he was cool. In short they took the heads (AFR, LG, long tubes,fast90/90 and nickwilliams, fiske wheels, and even the cam . Then put dounuts on it push it on a flat bed covered it up and drop it a block from the entrance of his housing area Wich I thought was a little bold, But just goes to show that fker might have made his money scamming people. For the record I wanted to just sue him i back out of the deal but the squad did oherwise They are not tech members Im the only one. I know I will catch some heat for this, But understand I as well as evrybody work dam hard for the little money we make there is a bigger sacrafise for me because Im defending this contry In Iraq. If its one thing I hate is scammers and liers thats two But understand where Im coming from and dont beat me too hard
Old 07-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Banned

I had good luck getting somewhere with ebay/paypal by filing a BBB complaint, they didnt do anything till a couple days till the BBB deadline they had to respond by, then they took care of the problem. I spent months before that fighting the problem with no recourse, till I did the BBB complaint.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

that sucks man!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Just thought I would update everyone thats interested.. As of this moment I am still unable to reach the vendor. I left a message on voice mail that I am certain will go the way of all the emails (disregarded and ignored).

I advised the machine that if I do NOT receive a response or a refund by close of business tomorrow (5pm~) that I am going to follow through with a dispute through the Better Business Bureau as well as the 2 internet fraud companies.

Its sad, the vendor has admitted to having both the $$ and the product in their posession, and they still cant see the benefit in issuing a refund.

I guess thats how business is done at CP Performance. I will be certain to make everyone and anyone well aware of their corrupt practices if they cannot see the intelligence in offering a full refund.

I am still hopeful this ends in an amicable way but getting even more doubtful it will.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 317indy
I dont know how you guys are having these terrible claims with paypal. I always call, tell them my side of the story, give the other guy x amount of days to respond, if they dont, paypal automatically gives you 170$ or lower amount. You are promised 170$ no matter what because thats the insurance that you are covered for. Well if its over that amount, then they only give you 170$ and wait for them to get reembursed and then if the seller has any money in their bank, or their paypal, they will get you the rest of your money.

Its happend to me 3 times. Each time I got my money back.
I never once got my money back when I was screwed over.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Oh,.. And in case anyone is interested.. CP Performance signed up for an account over at SYTY.net just to put in their 2 cents worth and ask what would make me happy ?? When I responded, they just continue to IGNORE anything related to the transaction.

Here's the thread :

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthrea...323#post372323
Old 07-25-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

so is this still unresolved????
Old 07-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

paypal is the biggest ripoff of all time.

Good luck man.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Yeah.. I mean what else can I do.. I have contacted the vendor numerous times via email. They all go unanswered. As did the phone call I made to the vendor listed on his website.

I really dont know what else to do just short of stopping by (4+hr trip for me).

He admits to having my $$$ and my Product openly and blatantly, and doesnt care.

I'd strongly recommend anyone in the LS1 crowd avoid this jackass and his worthless business.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Try calling his local PD and getting them involved.

Quick Reply: Paypal = Bent Over without the vaseline....