Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of Tangerine96TA (Manuel or Joey Rodriguez) Took almost $400

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beware of Tangerine96TA (Manuel or Joey Rodriguez) Took almost $400

On July 20th Tangerine96TA posted this for sale thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/545086-tnt-wet-kit-ls1-trying-again.html

Up for sale is a TNT nitrous kit for $350 plus $40 shipping.

Just what I wanted, and it's a good deal too especially since I'm on a budget. I sent him a private message two days later asking if it was still available. It was. I told him I would send the money order first thing Monday morning. I did.

This user had been a member for a year and I found no reason why I should not trust him based on his history of posts here. He soon posted "sale pending" in the for sale thread after I told him payment is on the way. So far so good.

I was sent out of town and could not get on the internet until the 27th. I found a few PMs he sent me asking if I sent the money order on Monday. I also found this thread where he said he couldn't get up with me and offered the kit to somebody else. He got both of our money orders by this day and asked other people's opinions on what he should do. I replied and told him it was alright, just send me the money.

We exchanged some PMs after that and I found out Tangerine96TA (Joey) allowed his brother Manuel to use his account to post this kit for sale. Both of them told me the money was in the mail. Both lied. I have not received a response to my last PM where I threatened to make this very thread and post negative feedback.

It is unfortunate that we LS1Tech users have to deal with losers like this...

Manuel Rodriguez
1412 Portland St
Plainview TX 79072
Old 09-11-2006, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

This is the complete history of PMs between myself and Tangerine96TA

amsterdamn 07-22-2006, 02:17 AM
I'd like to buy your kit if it's complete and still available. I've got paypal and cash and checks, whatever you want.

Tangerine96TA 07-22-2006, 08:25 PM
can you do a money order, i need to rec. it by thurs
let me know if you can because i have others waiting
thanks manuel

amsterdamn 07-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I can do that. I'll mail it out 1st thing Monday morning. What's your name and address?

Tangerine96TA 07-22-2006, 08:36 PM
manuel rodriguez
1412 portland st
plainview Tx 79072

350.00 + 40.00 shipping = 390.00
will ship as soon as m.o clears thanks

Tangerine96TA 07-24-2006, 11:42 PM
just wanted to know if you have sent the money order
thanks,manuel

amsterdamn 07-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Sorry for taking this long to reply. I've been sent out of town on business and this is the first time I've been on the web since Sunday. Yes, I mailed out the money order Monday. You should have received it by now.

Tangerine96TA 07-25-2006, 07:00 PM
i tried getting ahold of you yesterday to see if you sent the m.o if i dont hear back from you by the end of today i'm going to move to the next person in line
because i need that money by thursday so they wont repo my car
thanks manuel

amsterdamn 07-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I sent that last PM before I noticed this one. If you have sold it to somebody else, it sucks for me, but I understand your financial situation. Just mail the money order back when you get a chance. Thanks.

Later I found this thread...

Need Help What Do I Do?????????? (Posted by Tangerine96TA, 07-27-2006, 02:28 PM)
I made a deal with a member on this board,and I told him that it was very important that I got the money order by Thurs.. So I sent him a few p.m. to make sure he had sent the m.o. Monday. He never responded so I went to the next person in line and I made a deal with him. Well its now Thurs. and I have two money orders in my hands. What should I do? The first guy has not responded till this day, and the second guy has kept in communication all through out the deal. I let both guys know it was real important that I got the money by today so my car would not get repoed. I got scared when the first guy did not respond so I went with the second guy. I would app. your input on this situation.
Thanks,
Manuel

Re: Need Help What Do I Do?????????? (Posted by amsterdamn, 07-29-2006, 11:35 AM)
I was sent out of town on business and couldn't get online until the 27th. So, it sucks for me because it was a good deal, but it's cool cause I understand your situation. Just send the m.o. back when you get a chance. Thanks.

Back to the PMs...

amsterdamn 08-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey man have you sent the m.o. back yet? I really need that money.

Tangerine96TA 08-07-2006, 04:41 PM
I'll ask my brother whats up with your money. He should be back in town Wednesday or Thursday... I let him know to get a hold of you or something. OK?

Thanks,
Joey

amsterdamn 08-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Where's my money?

Tangerine96TA 08-11-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm not trying to give you the run around or anything. But my brother is not back in town. I'll be sure and let him know as soon as he gets in. I don't want a bad rep on here for my username. I was just letting him use it... Hence "96TA".

Sorry
Joey
P.S. how much does he owe you?

amsterdamn 08-11-2006, 10:27 PM
$390.00

Tangerine96TA 08-12-2006, 02:04 AM
I have been out of town I not trying to give you the run around but I will send your money out in the morning, thanks for your patience.

A week later I'm having a bad day and then I remember somebody owes me money, so...

amsterdamn 08-18-2006, 03:17 PM
You, your brother, or whoever, I don't give a damn, need to get your **** together. I WANT MY MONEY!

Tangerine96TA 08-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Calm down dude. No need for the **** talking. My brother already sent the money ok... This wouldn't have happend if you did have your **** together. ut either way the money is on it's way

amsterdamn 08-25-2006, 08:54 PM
This **** is getting out of hand. I have given you another week. Still no money.

You've lied to me. You're brother has lied to me.

You've allowed somebody else to use your account to sell an item. This makes you responsible for my money.

I sent the money over a month ago now. You've had four weeks to send it back. Your brother told me he would drop it in the mail. You told me he did so. Bullshit.

I'll give you until next week Friday. I want my money in my hand on that day. That's your last chance. Otherwise I will leave you negative feedback. I will make a thread about you. I will make every private message public. I will reply in threads you've posted, such as the 94 Formula thread, saying you can not be trusted. I will contact your local authorities and press charges. I will do whatever I have the power to do.

...and that's it... no more PMs... I even waited more than week after I said I would to write this thread.

Last edited by amsterdamn; 12-31-2006 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Damn dude I don't know what to tell you... I can talk to him again and see what's up. He told me that he sent the money order, and you didn't post anything up last week like you said you would so I though you got it... And didn't think anything of it until now... I will see if I can get things settled out for you. I guess this is what I get for letting someone else on my username....

I'll keep in touch,
Joey Rodriguez
Old 09-22-2006, 03:32 PM
12 Second Club

...still no money...
Old 09-22-2006, 07:42 PM

make a report with your local police and with his. that will get the job done!!
Old 09-22-2006, 08:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Tell the police, he's ******* with you. Post this in the Texas forum and see who's willing to collect for you for $20.

ADMIN
Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was a money order can't you check if it was cashed with your M.O. stub?

Quick Reply: Beware of Tangerine96TA (Manuel or Joey Rodriguez) Took almost $400