Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

I got screwed by scottywheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sonic snake
for what its worth,Scott told me about this guy a while ago.He said that Eric stilled owed him money and he wasn't going to bring the motor to the machine shop until he was paid.
As for the parts in the motor,your full of **** because it had EAGLE rods in it.East Side originally built the motor and they use Diamond pistons,and even if it did have Ross pistons they were practically new.Scott wouldn't know the difference between a stock or a forged motor,and I've seen the motor and there wasn't anything stock about it.
The heads that were on the motor are stock casting heads that were sent to CNC in FLA and ported and decked,thats why Scott told you should run thicker head gaskets or cut the pistons if you wanted to run pump gas.

Scott doesn't come on this board much any more,but I'm sure he will be on here soon giving his side.
And for those who don't know Scott , he is paralized from the chest down.So before you want to beat him with a 2X4 listen to his story.
i would never physically harm anyone...my statement wasnt meant toward him...it was just a generalization....so calm down.

i, like most, am also waiting for Scott's reply...there is allways 2 sides to every story.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, I have been out all day and get a pohone call about this...are you kidding me...

First of all you have not given me all the money and you know that. second the motor was going to the machine shop that week, ask gary and kehltech. I sold you what I was told was in the motor when I bought the car. Ask gary he knew exactly what was in the car. And gary is right you didnt pay for it in full yet so idealy it is theft. Remember Eric I let you take the intake and everything else before you gave me a dime. YOu still owe me money, you gave me most of it in payments and still owed me some you know this bro. So say all you want, point is I sold you a motor that had what I told you it had for parts for $4500. That is a deal, I had it sold for more but because I knew you it was not worth the extra $750 to see it go to someone else.
You took it upon yourself to go in MY garage and take a motor that was not even paid for in full yet. I am sorry you got impatient, I told you the machine shop was busy....but that was YOUR choice....

As far as a bat to my head that some suggested, bet you dont say that laying infront of me.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by scottywheels

As far as a bat to my head that some suggested, bet you dont say that laying infront of me.
I cleared that up in the post right above yours...relax.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i paid you atleast 1500 when i took the intake,you bullshitted me for months,how can you have had the motor sold for more? now that i think about it 4500 is kinda steep even for a used forged 346,you were paid off in less then 2 months which was well over a year ago, you have had the motor since august and told me it would be done in a few weeks then gary was going to be bringing it there that is was in oct then once again gary brought it there and it would be done in a week this was in the begining of jan yet it was still sitting in your garage, the machine shop was busy? i brought it to them a week ago and it will be done next week...scott if i owed you any sort of money then why did you never answer the phone when i called or even attempt to call me..that sounds a little odd to me..if some one owed me money and they made every attempt in the world to contact me i would pick up thge phone and get my money....i will have proof monday that there are stock rods in that motor until then say what you would like but I know the truth....scott you really are a shady character.. i should have listened to everyone
Old 02-03-2007, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Im sure that if Scott's an honest guy, he can just refund Eric the cost of eagle rods and the cost of assembly/head gaskets??? I mean, that was part of the deal, why wouldnt he? Im sure Eric wouldnt have bought a stock LS1 with ported heads for $4500 unless he thought it had a built bottom end, especially when his stock engine runs fine!?!? Why wouldnt he have just bought a set of ported heads for his own motor if he was just going to use a stock bottom end??? And if Scott didnt know what the internals where, why not just refund Erics money?!?!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:43 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I learned a long time ago to get things in writing, and document everything. The FDA has a saying, if it's not documented in writing, with a second signature, it never happened.

Anytime you even think about exchanging service or goods for money, get it in writing, signed and dated. If this was done in this circumstance, both parties would be spaired this internet bickering match.

I'm not taking sides, just offering a lesson learned from my own personal experiences from this hobby over the past 7 years.

Good luck to both of you in getting this resolved.
One last word of advice, leave the physical threats to middle school lockerrooms. It only goes to show how immature you are.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Are there any receipts for the $$ Eric gave to Scotty? Cancelled checks? Or was this whole transaction a gentleman's agreement between 2 "friends"? Was there any bill of sale, or any piece of documentation stating the internals of the motor? Or is this just another story of one man's word against the other? With respect to both guys, this wasn't a good way to do a deal. And now, someone's just not being honest.... WJ
Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

Scotty,

Do the right thing and make this guy whole.

If he says it has stock rods, then refund the portion of the money to make up for the rods. That will make you look more like a gentleman and show tons of good faith.

Think about it, is a few hundred bucks worth people here thinking you are lower than whale ****? You're gonna see these folks at the track and around, so come to an agreement and then delete this mess of a thread.

I like you Scotty.. but this kinda **** is no good.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

I sold him what I was told was in the motor. Period and eric you gave me $4000 not $4500. so that last $500 pays for new rods...there you have it.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:04 PM
9 Second Club

Hello guys I did make a non-relative comment early in the post that was just awful humor. But as I see things now its getting ugly here. As it is a public forum I will share my opion.
** Scotty I dont think its relative what you where told was in the motor when it was sold to you. It was your responsibilty to verify you got what you paid for. And it was also on you to verify this when you sold the motor.
** ws6on19s It was your fault not to get a receipt for the deposits you had given to Scotty. This would end the confusion in this thread. However you did mention you have been contacting Scotty via phone and email and, (if he did not mention the extra 5 hundy before it would go to the shop shame on you Scotty.)
**And if and only if the 500 in the mix up takes care of the rods I think there is a machine shop fee ws6on19s is getting kind of stuck with. If I read the post correctly this was supposed to be taken car of by Scotty before the turned over the motor.
*** In short you both made mistakes and probably had a good friendship before this all started. Money the ruler of all evil. Bottom line this is ugly and by way of the law Scotty has the upper hand. I would atleast print this thread if I was you ws6on19s. Atleast Scotty has admitted recieving some money here and that is better than anything you have in hand in reguards to a reciept from what I have read. Good Luck to both of you.
I think you are both close enough to each other to sit down face to face and come to an agreement and then delete this thread.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

I sold him what I was told was in the motor. Period and eric you gave me $4000 not $4500. so that last $500 pays for new rods...there you have it.
One last thing: Scotty, what you TOLD him and what you SOLD him were 2 different things, so does that mean someone else is responsible? WJ

Last edited by WJ SOM SS; 02-04-2007 at 06:05 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

WJ who the F are you. You capitalize LEASED escalade, you can not compete bro so dont be a hater. I am sure you make a ton of money. I mean I live in a shack and can barely pay for my LEASED truck...LOL What the hell does leasing a truck have to do with it. So I pay $1000 instead of $1200...you are obviously a little shortcoming in terms of education and common sence. Any time you want to sit down and discuss anything let m e know Ill even come to you.

As for everything else, Eric you shouldnt say things like you feel like knocking me out because we all know where that would lead. You know me bro I would never intentionally screw you. Keep the last $500 that means the machine shop cost you $200 perfect. As for using my handicap GF yourself.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

EAGLE RODS DIAMOND PISTONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6on19s
hey man what pistons and rods are in that motor?

Old 02-04-2007, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

they said motorwill be done in the nest few weeks.Im actually waiting for kenny to help me put it back together.

scotty

this pm was from 12/19/06
Old 02-04-2007, 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

scott if i owed you any amount of money then why all the times that i tried calling you never picked up and returned my call, and why wouldnt you say listen you owe me 500 either give me the cash or you can take it to the shop and pay for it? you got all your money, actually you had your money and my motor so as far i was concerned i was beat.seriously why did you give me such a run around for so long...in august it would be done in 2 weeks, in sept it was at the machine shop, and on jan 5 you told me in a ******* text that the motor would be done on friday you even told me what the comp ratio was!! and the following thursday its sitting on your garage floor!!!
ok so you sold me what you were told or should i say thought was in the motor?
at the time you worked for a shop that are experts in ls1's and you didnt know what was in your own motor hmm something doesnt seem right well anyway i got hosed ...hey at least i didnt get the cam that you said was in the motor..too much duration.oh yea how could that machine shop cost only be $200...thats the cost of cometics alone...so lets see that adds up to 800 or so and $500 for rods...scott go drive off into the sunset in your ugly escalade...remember your only medium pimpin youve got to burn alot more people and tell alot more lies to become the real baller you think you are ps. scott your dead to me
Old 02-04-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

I sold him what I was told was in the motor.
Thats fraud buddy, whether intended or not.

Secondly, if he owed you money you would have returned the call (I know I would have)

Lastly, if he owed you money and "stole" his motor you would have failed a report, which you didnt which leaves me to believe you know youre in the wrong.

Just my opinion......Make this deal right
Old 02-04-2007, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...97#post6381097
Old 02-04-2007, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

EVERYONE please read this thread..i just spent some time digging and came up with this
Old 02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

I was not going to ask for the $500 until the motor was finished. You know this bro, so tale that money and put it towards the motor end of story....this is over rods and yoiu owing me money and taking a motor that was not paid for yet out of my garage without my permission.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Im done....

Quick Reply: I got screwed by scottywheels