Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Watch out for 12oh

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Watch out for 12oh

I was interested in buying a LS1 long block from 12oh and it was advertised as a 2001 corvette longblock with 30k on it. Here is the link https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/691977-fs-ls1-long-block-1000-a.html. I spoke with him and he explaind he bought it for a car he no longer has and the motor had been sitting in his garage for three years. It was wrapped in plastic and in a crate to keep clean and prevent any damage. I wanted the motor and made arrangements to pick it up at his home. I drove 600 miles one way to pick up the motor personally and deliver cash. When I arrived to 12oh home he showed me the motor and it was in a crate wrapped in plastic like he said.

I started looking the motor over which was very dirty, I noticed It had perimeter bolt valve covers which means it is not a 2001 vette motor it has to be a 97-98. Then I noticed the water pump was still bolted on and it looked different. I relized it had the bolt on style pully, which would make the motor a 97 vette motor. I then got a flash light and looked down the intake runners which were covered in black oil and carbon. There looked to be some damage to one of the runners near the valve, like the motor sucked in something.

Needless to say I did not get the motor and when I asked 12oh about it being the wrong year he acted like I was wrong because his brother works at a chev dealer and he got the motor from him. So a few things could be going on here, either his own brother screwed him (unlikely buy could happen) or he is trying to dump a old tired out motor to one of us.(which looked to have well over 100k on it) He did not seem to know much about LS1's so he too could have been ripped off, but the point is that the product he is trying to sell is not what it is supposed to be!!!

It is a 100k+ mi 97 vette motor that could have internal engine problems.

Keep a close eye on this one.

Last edited by 00BlueTA; 04-18-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Bumb, He is trying to sell the heads seporetly now. Hel probably try to sell the short block when the heads are gone so it is harder to tell what year it is. This guy is bad news.

Link https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/699211-fs-stock-ls1-heads-off-98-vette-100-a.html
Old 04-23-2007, 02:01 AM
11 Second Club

why havent you left bad feedback?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Because I really dont know if this guy is a scammer or is just someone who doesnt really know what hes got. When I told him that it wasnt the year it was supposed to be he accually looked confused. And I dont know if he thought I was trying to rip him off by telling him it was a different year.

I dont know, maybe I am to nice of a person and cant tell the liers for the honest. I am just making sure everyone else knows whats going on. What do you guys think, should I leave him bad feedback to not?
Old 04-23-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm a nice guy. but if i drove 600 miles one way to get it and it wasnt as advertised. I would FOR SURE leave bad feedback.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I'm a nice guy. but if i drove 600 miles one way to get it and it wasnt as advertised. I would FOR SURE leave bad feedback.
I would agree but the only good thing about the drive is he did live in Las Vegas and me and some firiends went a couple days early and had one hell of a time. So I dont really see it as I drove 600 miles and didnt get the right motor, I see it as I went to Vegas and on the way home we stoped to pick up the motor. If I drove there and then right back I would be mad and would leave bad feedback. I guess its all about how how you think about it.

I still might leave bad feedback, just havent decided.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

haha. Ya, you cant complain about partying in vegas for a few days .

by the way. thanks for giving everyone the heads up about 12oh. goodluck finding what you're looking for.

later bro.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the edvice, I finially left bad feedback
Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Teching In

Thanx for the negative feedback. I told you the same info on the motor that I was told. The wrapping and the crate were never open until you arrived.(that had been sitting in my garage for 3 years). You were driving out to Vegas for your b-day and figured you would check the motor out on your way home since it was on the way, so dont make eveybody think you came out here to JUST look at a motor. You were right the valve covers did indicate a 97-98 engine- i did not deny that? I took everything you said into consideration and was not upset that you passed on the motor, but more stunned that it was not what i was told and that it could be F'd up. The motor was relisted locally in Las Vegas(wanted to deal locally) with the info that i had gotten from you and a gm tech and was sold for $500 and now sits in a 98 trams am(and the car runs and drives-wow). The motor was not new and was not advertised as being new.(actually the cold start lifter tap is not bad). for $500($650 to you) what do you expect? 100kmi motor?(ha-ha) i doubt it! Questioning my brothers integrity on GIVING me a motor that i might need in the future for my high mileage SS(yeah sure i'll take a f'd up motor). Not likely. As for me being a ''scammer'' or what it really means- a thief, not even close. I work very hard for what i have and have been ripped off before and know what its like. As for the heads i have for sale, they are off my 98 vette that were swapped out for Patriots,no lie? They were listed on here at i believe $100?-now they are advertised locally at $40 and if they dont sell I guess the garbage man can have em. I'm not a theif, just a guy trying to make room in his garage, get some extra gas $$$ and maybe give someone a good deal(which i did). So again, thanx for the bash!-John.

Last edited by 12oh; 05-03-2007 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by 00BlueTA
Thanks for the edvice, I finially left bad feedback

I can see posting this thread about your experience with the seller, but leaving feedback as a trader rating for a sale that never happened? I will have to ask about that one.

I am almost certain that the trader rating system was not designed for you to comment on what you ALMOST bought.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
I can see posting this thread about your experience with the seller, but leaving feedback as a trader rating for a sale that never happened? I will have to ask about that one.

I am almost certain that the trader rating system was not designed for you to comment on what you ALMOST bought.
So if you drove 600 miles to buy a set of wheels that you were told to be in EXCELLENT/PERFECT SHAPE. You arrive adn the wheels are bent up and curbed up. So you decide not to buy them. You dont think that that is grounds for bad negative trade feedback? You were told a part was something that it was not. You went out of your way to get the part that you was misrepresented.

I understand that this guy had to go over to vegas anyways. If thats the case. Then I dont think the bad feedback should have been left. I stated that I would have left the feedback prior to knowing that he had to go anyways.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

I understand that this guy had to go over to vegas anyways. If thats the case. Then I dont think the bad feedback should have been left. I stated that I would have left the feedback prior to knowing that he had to go anyways.
I did not have to go to Vegas, it was not a planed trip. I told my friends that I was interested in buying a motor there but wasnt sure if I wanted to drive that far to pick it up. Since my b-day was comming up they "convinced" me to make it a weeked end of it. It was more of a well since "your going to be down there" kind of things. But if I wasnt going to buy the motor I would not have gone, due to the long drive.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 12oh
Thanx for the negative feedback. I told you the same info on the motor that I was told. The wrapping and the crate were never open until you arrived.(that had been sitting in my garage for 3 years).
Maybe its just me but when I get a used part or a motor I usually look at to see if there is anything wrong with it. I dont just throw it in the garage and leave it for three years and then try to sell it.
Questioning my brothers integrity on GIVING me a motor that i might need in the future for my high mileage SS(yeah sure i'll take a f'd up motor). Not likely.
Well you told me that he said it was out of a 2001 vette. IT IS OUT OF A 1997 VETTE. Working at a dealer he should know what year it is. And in my first post I said "could have internal engine problems" not it did
As for me being a ''scammer'' or what it really means- a thief, not even close. I'm not a theif, just a guy trying to make room in his garage, get some extra gas $$$ and maybe give someone a good deal(which i did). So again, thanx for the bash!-John.
I was trying to be nutral during this post, If you read all the post you will see that I stuck up for you. I said you could have been ripped off, I said you might have not known due to lack of ls1 knowledge. I was just trying to get the message across that it was not as what was posted. And it looks alittle fishy when right after I decline the motor for it being the wrong year due to the heads being wrong, that you sell another set just like the ones on the engine. I was not trying to bash you, just looking out for everyone else on this site. Yes I did leave you bad feedback and maybe that was not the best decision.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Junkie

The bad feedback left should have been left if your trip wasnt planned. I would have been pissed. Some sort of compensation should have been offered.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

I dont want or need any compensation, I am not going after 12oh just trying to give everyone a heads up. The trip was not planned and was a last min thing to say the least.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

So again, thanx for the bash!-John.
I Cant believe how much of a baby you are being. I was feeling bad for leaving bad feedback for you, but now I dont. What you did is uncalled for.

This F**cker went to all of my posts on this site and left some kind of a nasty comment. He told a guy I recently sold a oil pan to that I was scamming him. Its a good thing I HAVE GOOD FEEDBACK, to show you are a dumb ***. If you want to be a child go to some other site.

12oh you can go to hell

Last edited by 00BlueTA; 05-03-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

I just checked out his few last posts. He's acting like a little kid. 12oh is a douchebag. I'd send one of the mods a PM saying he's trolling all your threads.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

So if you drove 600 miles to buy a set of wheels that you were told to be in EXCELLENT/PERFECT SHAPE. You arrive adn the wheels are bent up and curbed up. So you decide not to buy them. You dont think that that is grounds for bad negative trade feedback? You were told a part was something that it was not. You went out of your way to get the part that you was misrepresented.

First of all, I would never drive 10 miles let alone 600 to buy something I have never even seen pictures of that could prove what it was. But that is just me.

Second, If I did end up driving that far and they were not what was shown in the pics or description, then you bet your *** I would start a thread just like this one and rip his ***.

However, my point was just that the trader rating system is for TRANSACTIONS (It clearly states that more than once) and there simply was no transaction here, just lots of misleading and lots of driving. Therefore the "Negative Feedback" should have stayed in this thread. Just my opinion.

On another note, for the record. ANY negative comments or negative feedback type posts in a for sale thread are a violation of forum rules and will just get you banned. (Yes 12oh, I am talking to you. Keep your comments in this thread also. I would not recommend any more "WATCH OUT!..." type of posts)

- X
Old 05-03-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28

However, my point was just that the trader rating system is for TRANSACTIONS (It clearly states that more than once) and there simply was no transaction here, just lots of misleading and lots of driving. Therefore the "Negative Feedback" should have stayed in this thread. Just my opinion.
I understand your point. since no transaction was "actually" made. but I think in a case of driving 600 miles and being mislead is more then enough to qualify for a negative feedback. but I do see where your coming from. I've seen negative feedback left bc the seller didnt return the "potential buyers" PMs even though no communication was ever started or bc the seller was a "smart ***". Now those reasons are rediculous, but oh well. 12oh seems like a douche anyways, I can careless about how bad his feedback gets.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

12oh seems like a douche anyways, I can careless about how bad his feedback gets.
I was going to find out if there was a way to undo the bad feedback I left, but after the way he acted he is going to have to figure out how to do it himself.

Quick Reply: Watch out for 12oh