Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Horrible experience with 6secNaLs1

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Horrible experience with 6secNaLs1

I was supposed to be picking up a 98 body today. Before I went to pick it up, I was told he had the title, I needed to bring a rear end, and he hadn’t pulled the motor out and would after I put in the rear end.

I arrive at his house; take a look over the vehicle. There was a small grouping of dents and some bubbles on the roof that were not mentioned but overall the body was in close to expected condition. I install the rear end. Then we proceed to roll the car back so he can pull out the motor. After helping him pull out the motor and right before we are about to roll the body onto the trailer he tells me that he doesn’t actually have the title to the car. That the bank was supposed to mail it to him and it hasn’t arrived yet. THIS IS AFTER I HAVE DRIVEN 4.5HRS AND SPENT 2HRS HELPING PULL HIS MOTOR. He says he called this morning to find out where it is and the bank had just mailed it out this morning. He says he can call up the bank and put it on speaker so we can hear that it has been sent. While on the phone we find out that a lean release has been sent and there isn’t actually a title. The lean release would take about 3 days to arrive and then he would have to apply for a new title which would take at least 10 days. After arguing about the situation I decided to just take my rear end and leave.

So in all I lost 13hrs of my time, over $100 in gas, the cost of the trailer rental. And the only reason he was able to pull the motor was b/c I put in the rear end and we were able to roll the car away from a wall. So I am sure he is happy he can now sell the motor. But I was lied to, tried to be played for a fool. He could have just as easily said it is in the mail, and I would have picked up the car at a later date.

No less than an hour before he told me he didn’t actually have the title, his father is sitting there telling me how he hates liars. They then try to get me to trust them to mail it to me. When I say "well why don’t I take the car and once I get the title I will send you the money” they say they can’t do that. Then they are wondering why I don’t trust them to send me the title, ITS B/C THEY ALREADY LIED TO ME

Last edited by HotRod68Camaro; 05-08-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Second Club

damn that would **** me off.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:59 AM
12 Second Club

yea, they could have even told me right when i got there and i would have just walked away which still would have sucked after driving 4.5hrs, but they waited till i put in the rear end and helped pull the motor out.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

Links to the threads

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...4&page=2&pp=20
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...9&page=2&pp=20
Old 05-08-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Regular

I have all of your pm's you not once asked about the title. NOT ONCE. The TITLE will be here in 3 days. I called again this morning and they said the title is on the way not the lien release. I took a chance and thought it would be here when you got here and it didn't. That is my fault. What is not my fault is that I should have gotten the title months ago when the car was paid off, which you heard yourself. And what else isn't my fault is how you think I lied to you about the title when you never asked. Sorry about your experience but we both got screwed here. I am not going to go back and forth with you, you can bad mouth me all you want, but don't call me a liar when you never asked about the title. I took a chance that the title would be here and it didn't come. You heard yourself the car is paid off and it is a clean title, it just didn't arrive like i was told it would.

Last edited by 6secNaLs1; 05-08-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

the first time i called you i asked to confirm about the title. o yea and it is also in one of your threads. even though you should have gotten it long ago you could have told me and i would have picked it up later. i dont see how you got screwed, you got your motor out which would not have been possible w/o me driving 4.5hrs and putting in the rear end, so that buyer would have been screwed if i didnt. and you told me yourself you called them that morning and you knew you didnt have it and that they had mailed out another copy that morning.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry man but when i went to go look at the car YOU SAID YOU HAD THE TITLE. WTF!? so you lied to me ALSO!?!?! I wish I hadn't deleted my pm's. THANK GOD I didn't go through with the sell. I had 3K in my poket and I had a HUGE funny felling about the whole thing. thank GOD I walked away. The car by the way was exactly what i expected and how it was described. there was nothing wrong with the car. its a track car.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HotRod68Camaro
I was supposed to be picking up a 98 body today. Before I went to pick it up, I was told he had the title, I needed to bring a rear end, and he hadn’t pulled the motor out and would after I put in the rear end.

I arrive at his house; take a look over the vehicle. There was a small grouping of dents and some bubbles on the roof that were not mentioned but overall the body was in close to expected condition. I install the rear end. Then we proceed to roll the car back so he can pull out the motor. After helping him pull out the motor and right before we are about to roll the body onto the trailer he tells me that he doesn’t actually have the title to the car. That the bank was supposed to mail it to him and it hasn’t arrived yet. THIS IS AFTER I HAVE DRIVEN 4.5HRS AND SPENT 2HRS HELPING PULL HIS MOTOR. He says he called this morning to find out where it is and the bank had just mailed it out this morning. He says he can call up the bank and put it on speaker so we can hear that it has been sent. While on the phone we find out that a lean release has been sent and there isn’t actually a title. The lean release would take about 3 days to arrive and then he would have to apply for a new title which would take at least 10 days. After arguing about the situation I decided to just take my rear end and leave.

So in all I lost 13hrs of my time, over $100 in gas, the cost of the trailer rental. And the only reason he was able to pull the motor was b/c I put in the rear end and we were able to roll the car away from a wall. So I am sure he is happy he can now sell the motor. But I was lied to, tried to be played for a fool. He could have just as easily said it is in the mail, and I would have picked up the car at a later date.

No less than an hour before he told me he didn’t actually have the title, his father is sitting there telling me how he hates liars. They then try to get me to trust them to mail it to me. When I say "well why don’t I take the car and once I get the title I will send you the money” they say they can’t do that. Then they are wondering why I don’t trust them to send me the title, ITS B/C THEY ALREADY LIED TO ME
Damn man. Brings back memories of me being Jaked.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/710659-you-can-t-delete-thread-6secnals1-bad-bull.html more discussion on the subject.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Banned

Me and my friend have dealt with Jake and I think he is a pretty trustworthy guy. I bought the seats from him and my friend bought the 6-speed tranny and they were just as expected. We had about a 10 hour drive down to his place. He even pulled the 6-speed tranny out of the car overnight in the pouring rain just so it would be ready for us the next morning by 8 am. He even had a friggin cast on his leg and still got it ready for us on time! Heck, he even threw in extra parts for free. I couldn't ask for a better person to do business with. I think you're making way too big of a deal out of this. You should have just gotten a bill of sale and had him sign a note that said he promised to give you a clean title as soon as he got it. I would have bought the car for $1000 without a title if I had extra trailer space when we were there. There was easily $1000 worth of parts left on that car. Just my two cents though!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

The fact of the matter is not if the guy is trustworthy, the fact is that no matter what kind of car, running or not, the title is always involved, you should not have to ask about it, you have to consider, a) either the guy is gonna build a street car (needs title) or b) the guy is gonna build a race car (doesnt need title). So I think the guy selling the car is wrong on his part. The title shouldve been the first thing mentioned. I wouldve still taken the car either way and got a written reciept etc signed to prove in case it was stolen.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Well if that happened to me as a seller I would have taken partial payment and told him to pay the rest when the title was given to him to make everything fair. I would be completely pissed as well if that happened to me as a buyer.