Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Cchris1109 is a scam artist!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Cchris1109 is a scam artist!

First I bought a set of supposed TSP 2.5 heads off him that supposedly only had 5000 miles on them. I pulled an intake valve to measure it. It was only a 2.02 valve where TSP says all there 2.5 heads come with 2.04 valves.

Next I post a set of used Katech stage 3 heads on a local Arizona forum. Since they came with a car I bought, I really didn't know much about them like milage and such. He replies to my post saying he has a friend who wants them, can I hold them for him. I just happen to come on here looking around, and see he has posted them up for sale with the cam he was trying to sell with the heads I bought. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...7319584&conly=
He posted that they were on his car, (stock bottom end ls1) and with the cam he is selling made 430hp, 390tq with a stock intake and TB, and that they only had 5000 miles on them.

First off, you can't bolt Katech stage 3 heads on an LS1 because the intake valves are too big to fit a 3.9" bore or I would've used them myself. Second, he is telling members they only have 5000 miles on them and they came off his car that made 430rwhp and 390rwtq, none of which is true.

I couldn't care less if he buys them and resells them for a profit, but he is blatantly lying. That makes it a scam in my book. Now that I doubt his honor as a seller, I am stuck with a set of supposed low mileage heads that I paid good money for that I'm afraid to use without having them rebuilt first.

Last edited by Ratical; 06-27-2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added link
Old 06-27-2007, 06:51 PM
8 Second Club

I would like to hear your side of this story Chris? I don't care if you want to buy my heads and resell them for a profit, but I think it's wrong to lie to people and say they were on your motor and only have 5000 miles and made xxx power with them. That is the exact same thing you told me about the heads I got from you. Was that a lie too? I see no way this could be that big of a coincidence, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

*edit* I see you removed your response in here while I was posting.

Last edited by Ratical; 06-27-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt lie, i have the reciept in hand and i will scan it respectively, buddy of mine was interested and he uses my ls1tech account, you know who he is, hes the guy who was with me when i sold you the heads, the heads should be PRC Stage 2.5 heads and if there is a problem i will definately help you solve this.

sorry for the inconvience ill get pics up shortly

edit: i think the confusion is, that he saw the heads and thought they were mine and thought they were from another vendor. and posted the duplicate information.

Last edited by Cchris1109; 06-28-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is the reciept, you can contact TSP if you have any other questions

I am also confused why you chose to just bash me on LS1tech rather than contact me through AZSS or even by phone number, you obviously had it, why not make an attempt to resolve this first????

Old 06-29-2007, 05:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

so im waiting

am i a scam artist

i think not...

mods delete this please
Old 07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
8 Second Club

Thanks for posting your receipt for the heads you REALLY had on your car. At least it makes me feel better about bolting them on. I will call Jason at TSP and ask him why the wrong valves are in them. The reason I chose to bash you has nothing to do with the heads I bought off you. I thought you were a decent guy. What I didn't like was the fact that you posted MY heads for sale on here and then proceeded to tell people THE EXACT same story you gave me like you bought them new.

Here are some facts.
1) You NEVER ran the stage 3 heads I have because they won't fit a stock bore LS1.
2) You NEVER made 430rwhp and 390rwtq with my stage 3 heads like you replied to one potential buyer because you never had possession of them.
3) You DIDN'T know how many miles were on them because I didn't know how many miles are on them.

ALL of that to me is just plain misleading, therefore a scam. I was selling the heads cheap because A) they wouldn't FIT my LS1 or I would've had them freshened and used them myself, and B) at the time I only knew what the person I got them from told me. To me, that's not enough information to honestly ask top dollar from them so I left plenty of room for the next buyer to go through them. Since then the person I got them from has contacted me with further information about them.

Like I said before, it didn't bother me that you were trying to make a buck on them without even owning them, but don't try and scam people bye telling them they only had 5000 miles on them, made XXX power when used with the cam you are still selling on your stock block in your car. What would've happened if one of those people bought those heads and paid to have them installed on their stock block LS1 car? THAT is why I questioned what you said about the heads I bought from you. If you would lie to the people on here, why would you be honest to me?

And the reason I didn't contact you to resolve this is because I didn't want anything back from you. I paid for my heads. If they needed work I would pay to have them fixed. If I just PM'd you about it, you would've just deleted your post. That to me wasn't enough for what you tried to do and you wouldn't have learned anything.

And one more thing, if this was just some mistake your friend that uses your account on here made, who came up with the higher rwhp and rwtq figures that were given? They were higher than the ones you posted for your TSP heads. Was that a mistake your friend made too? Here is the add you had on another website that I bought YOUR heads from.

[quote name='cchris1109' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:47 PM' post='45284']
I have PRC 220cc 5.3L Stage 2.5 CNC Ported Heads with the Torquer V2 cam.
Stainless Steel 2.04"/1.575" Valves
PRC Double Spring Kit Complete With
Springs, Titanium Retainers, Seats, & Seals rated at .650 lift.

Flow specs:
.300 208
.400 257
.500 290
.600 312

The cam is a torquer v2 232/234 @ .595/.598 @ 113 LSA

This setup made awesome power, originally was 406/375 on a crappy fuddle stall and LS1 manifold without underdrive pulley. I then added a yank verter and LS6 manifold, and it pulls wayyyy harder.

Going turbo, need money like ASAP *preferably before friday at midnight*
They were used for 5k miles about, no problems at all, look brand new still.

They are at ************ right now, and the owner ***** can verify the condition of the heads/cam.

1150, i will deliver to you.[/quote]

Do you notice the similarity? I would post the thread you had on here to compare, but it has been removed.

To be honest Chris, you pissed me off doing what you did. I HATE dishonesty, but I'm over it now. We all make mistakes, and I'm sure you just needed the money to finish your new setup. You seemed like a decent guy, and I'd hate to see you end up with a permanent black eye on here because of me. If you just stop backpedaling and admit what you were trying to do, I will ask the mods to remove this thread.

Does that sound fair to you?

Last edited by Ratical; 07-01-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

not really considering i had nothing to do with this

everything ive said is honest and i posted pics.

also talked to my friend, said he was sorry for using my account
Old 07-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Teching In

YOUR responsible for your account. If you allow someone to use it (which is stupid) you need to take care of any damage that person caused.
If you owned a business, you would be personally responsible for anything they do.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:09 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
not really considering i had nothing to do with this

everything ive said is honest and i posted pics.

also talked to my friend, said he was sorry for using my account
Then you're saying your friend is a liar? There is a difference between making an honest mistake like you said by posting the wrong heads and info for sale, which I doubt since you clearly already had an ad with the correct heads and numbers, and lying about how much power they made. Either way, someone lied. If "whoever" made an honest mistake as you say, the power figures claimed wouldn't have jumped up 20+hp and 15+tq.

I just thought of a couple more things that don't ad up. The ad I saw posted on here, (which was removed), was made AFTER you sold your heads to me. Why would you or he make a new, totally different ad AFTER I bought your heads? Why would the prices be different? You wanted $1150 for your old heads and cam, but $1750 for the new ones. Why would the power figures be different? You posted 406/375 for your old heads. You replied to someone interested on here, "around 430/390 in your new ad. You already had an ad on here, why not just give it a bump instead of making a new one? None of this ads up. SOMEONE is dishonest.

The more excuses I hear, the more I'm thinking I should leave this on here.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Here is the dilemma: seller had the heads posted for sale on this site and a local AZ site, buyer posted in the for sale thread here. Its tough to make out what happened but it sounds like Cchris1109 allowed someone to use your account to sell something. All moderators and Admin are very strict that if someone uses your account you are responsible for whatever they post or sell.

What I am not seeing is an actual scam - seller didn't post they were on your car as buyer claimed and only references another board. The transaction did not go through our site as far as I can tell. We don't allow feedback from other site purchases and sales. Someone give me hard evidence they were sold through here or this thread is getting deleted, buyer is not asking for refund or return.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Teching In

this guys is definately lying, he sold me a broken supercharger with missing parts two months ago saying it was in working condition, just came off his car and all i would need is the hoses.... found out he bought a month before he sold it to me, knew it was missing parts, and never had on his car....... tried to lie to me also, blamed it on shipping company, then said he was going to install it on his car, then said that he was going to install it on his friends car but sold it instead... couldnt get a straight answer from this guy, i have all emails and evidence to back all of this up, currently in process of recovering money through paypal...... hes definately wheeling and dealing trying to make quick cash to mod his car... DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY... even throughout the whole transaction he would never give me his number just so we could talk and straighten everything out!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by halennow
this guys is definately lying, he sold me a broken supercharger with missing parts two months ago saying it was in working condition, just came off his car and all i would need is the hoses.... found out he bought a month before he sold it to me, knew it was missing parts, and never had on his car....... tried to lie to me also, blamed it on shipping company, then said he was going to install it on his car, then said that he was going to install it on his friends car but sold it instead... couldnt get a straight answer from this guy, i have all emails and evidence to back all of this up, currently in process of recovering money through paypal...... hes definately wheeling and dealing trying to make quick cash to mod his car... DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY... even throughout the whole transaction he would never give me his number just so we could talk and straighten everything out!
kinda funny how i never recieved parts back and you got to keep your money....hmmm
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Here is the dilemma: seller had the heads posted for sale on this site and a local AZ site, buyer posted in the for sale thread here. Its tough to make out what happened but it sounds like Cchris1109 allowed someone to use your account to sell something. All moderators and Admin are very strict that if someone uses your account you are responsible for whatever they post or sell.

What I am not seeing is an actual scam - seller didn't post they were on your car as buyer claimed and only references another board. The transaction did not go through our site as far as I can tell. We don't allow feedback from other site purchases and sales. Someone give me hard evidence they were sold through here or this thread is getting deleted, buyer is not asking for refund or return.
There wasn't a scam because I spoke up before a sale was made on the heads. I flagged the thread first with my reasons, but when I did not get a reply and I saw people showing interest in the heads and false information being given, I posted here. The parts in question were for sale at the thread link I posted in my first post. After I posted this, the thread disappeared. One of the mods actually posted in the thread telling Chris he needed to address my post here. Shortly after, the thread went away. The heads I bought had nothing to do with this other than the fact that it is the same guy. My whole reason for posting wasn't about the heads I bought, they were about the heads that I posted for sale on a local forum that I saw Chris was trying to sell here using misleading information. I didn't post this to stir up trouble, I just didn't want to see anyone get scammed. If you don't think it's pertinent, you can delete it since the for sale thread has gone away anyway. Your call Gearhead.

Last edited by Ratical; 07-02-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

yeah this guy is a bum. he ripped me off about a year ago. dont trust him. i cant believe the mods havent bounced him yet. or maybe they did and he changed his name. https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/521415-buyer-beware.html check his rating the 6th person down had the same problem as me!! what an ***!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:06 PM
8 Second Club

Wow. So much for giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don't feel so bad now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cchris1109 is a scam artist!