Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

bluenyghthawk will not refund my money.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluenyghthawk will not refund my money.

Recently I bought a Borla catback from him. I was under the impression that it was in fact, a CAT BACK. I recieve it and it does not have the intermediate pipe. So it is not a complete CAT BACK. Well, recently I have had some family issues occur and I need every single penny I can muster. I PM him and ask for a refund and Ill pay to have it shipped back. I know it sounds simple but im trying to make it as easy as possible on him. He responds and says (exact PM):

Re: borla

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i cant do a refund i dont have the money anymore plus you bought it its yours sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodrich969
Hey man, Im gonna have to send the Borla back and get a refund because I need money elsewhere badly because of a family urgency. Can I get a return address? I appreciate it man

David

Yes, your right I bought what I thought was a complete catback. I understand he probably does not have the money, but I need my money back. He never once said sale is final or no refund because if he did I wouldn't of bought it. I would not be such a big deal if I did not need the moeny badly. Hopefully this gets resolved.

David
Old 07-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Did you dispute the missing part before this?

All sales are final once the money and the parts have been traded. My guess is that you're up a creek. Sorry.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Actually the seller should have informed the buyer that no intermediate pipe was included. Otherwise as the buyer stated it wasnt a full cat back. Technically the seller misformed his product as a cat back system when it is just a muffler and tail pipes.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Scammer Alert!

Yes, he stated it was a Borla Catback, which would entail, everything, including the intermediate pipe. hes not up **** creek without a paddle, if the seller was right everyone would sell stuff not all together and call it a complete unit, i.e.- i have 4 zr1 rims and tires, person buys them and only recieves 3, its not right and he deserves a refund, i mean come on hes even offering to pay shipping, how do people sleep at night knowing they screwed fellow f-body owners
Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

when it came off the car i was not aware that there was a "i pipe" he was showed pictures of what he was recieving before he bought it
Old 07-25-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rich and Rob, your both dead on and thank you. Im not trying to get my money back because I dont want to do make a I pipe because my dads work has a pipe bender that I could do it very easily. I need the money because I am having family problems and I need money very badly. If it was just because I didnt want it, it wouldnt be a big deal but this is regarding my family. Which is on a totally different level.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Was this a true borla catback or a made up borla exhaust(borla muffler welded to stock pipes). I only say this because borla has a odd I pipe that stands out in 2 pieces.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

it was a true borla its got the weird cut out thing on the over the axle pipe

Old 07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish I would have gotten those pictures, instead of the one you sent me. I hate doing this so just refund me the money. Its not a matter of a complete kit or not, its a matter of I need the money for family reasons
Old 07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

i sent the pix you asked for, i knew nothing of a diffrent pipe to me it was a catback and your family problem should not fall back on me, i'm sorry something came up, but you have nothing to back up your claims. and family reasons for a refund would never hold up in a legal suite.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,222 Likes on 779 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

What pictures did you send him?

Saying you want to refund because you need the money is a bit weird, must have cost like $40 to send it.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

he asked to see pictures off the tips

and shipping was like 19bux
Old 07-25-2007, 05:06 PM
FormerVendor

I wish I would have gotten those pictures, instead of the one you sent me. I hate doing this so just refund me the money. Its not a matter of a complete kit or not, its a matter of I need the money for family reasons
Robs a good guy, he woudnt intentionally mislead you

I belive your statement i quoted basically means he does not have to refund you anything, you purchased something and payed him, he shipped it to you, now you need the money back due to family problems (not becouse of the I pipe misunderstanding), he doesnt have to pay you anything, sale is final. If you need the money that bad put it up for sale here on the boards again and sell it.

If your in no way concerned about the I pipe, and your only motivation for the return is your family emergency (Not robs fault) then dont you think posting in negative feedback was unwarranted?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

How am I going to sell something that isnt complete? Because if I sell something, im going to be COMPLETELY honest and not say its a CATback when in fact it is a over the axle back. And you say you didnt know it had a I pipe? You have pictures of you working on cars and saying you work on cars but you didnt know the term CATBACK means from the CAT...Back? How is the Y pipe or what have you suppost to connect to the over the axle piping? You didnt know? Bullshit.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 PM
FormerVendor

Rich and Rob, your both dead on and thank you. Im not trying to get my money back because I dont want to do make a I pipe because my dads work has a pipe bender that I could do it very easily. I need the money because I am having family problems and I need money very badly. If it was just because I didnt want it, it wouldnt be a big deal but this is regarding my family. Which is on a totally different level.

Your openly admiiting in the two posts i have quoted that the missing I pipe means nothing to you and the ONLY reason you want a refund is family emergency, Rob is not obligated in any way to refund you becouse you have a family emergency. Your a law student you should know this

Last edited by Eurospec2; 07-25-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

If you purchase something at the store and when you get it home and open it, half the pieces are missing after it states on box that all the parts should be there then you have a right to get your money back. The piece missing could only cost a buck but if it was said to be there you are entitled to get your money back. He was selling the whole borla system, whether this kid has family problems or not he should get his money back or atleast a refund of the true amount of the missing piece. I say call up Borla and see how much it will be for a new/used i-pipe and thats what the guy should refund. Or ask your dad how much it will be for parts and labor to make the piece and get refunded that.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

If he would of stated it was a over the axle back I wouldnt of bought it. Eurospec, without your obvious bias, what would you do? Have you ever returned anything to a retail store, and your reason was I dont need this or I need money elsewhere and they return with "Sorry sales are final." That is not how selling things work. He never specified it is non refundable, so no matter what the reason is, if a refund is ask it needs to be given. I will be filling a claim, unless things get resolved in another fashion.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by machsv103
If you purchase something at the store and when you get it home and open it, half the pieces are missing after it states on box that all the parts should be there then you have a right to get your money back. The piece missing could only cost a buck but if it was said to be there you are entitled to get your money back. He was selling the whole borla system, whether this kid has family problems or not he should get his money back or atleast a refund of the true amount of the missing piece. I say call up Borla and see how much it will be for a new/used i-pipe and thats what the guy should refund. Or ask your dad how much it will be for parts and labor to make the piece and get refunded that.
I agree but take this into consideration, if you go into a store and buy the floor model on something (similiar to buyin something used here) and sales are final (just like here) and you get home and something is missing, you think oh well i can deal with that ill make my own. All the sudden the next day you go back to the store and say you want your money back becouse you had a family emergency and need money (not becouse of the missing part, just like in this situation) are they gonna refund you? No, of course not they wont
Old 07-25-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, even with my MAIN reason not being towards the misunderstanding of the I pipe, that is a very good reason and that is a very good reason to ask for a refund. It is not a complete catback and I payed for a CATBACK. Refund or claim, you choose.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

dude if you need money get a loan or use your credit card, there other ways besides arguning for days when you need money now, i can vouch for Rob, he is a good guy and never purposely tried to screw you or is he tryin to screw you now, if he says he doesnt have the money then he doesnt have it, how is he supposed to give something he doesnt have

Quick Reply: bluenyghthawk will not refund my money.