Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVigR8
sorry but, lmao

lol steve is that you
Old 10-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SMOKKINU
You know, after fuming over this the past few days, I will say this. I am sorry for the name calling, and accusations made towards you, and your boyfriend. Perhaps i jumped the gun on the negative feedback, it was in reaction to you pulling the claim, seemingly after i provided a tracking number. Perhaps it was bad timing, and I know it took a while to ship this thing, and I believe i did try everything to keep you updated, even if you do think I was on here everyday.

My job, doesnt exactley permit me the time to do somethings, and at times, I have all the time in the world. Which is why ive replied to this thread and all for the past say week since this exploded.

I do honestly feel bad if the hood arrived damaged like in the photographs, but it definitley wasnt when I sent it, I dont really feel like that is something in my control, and judging by the photographs, it looks to be cosmetic, and if so...i believe you were telling me in PM it was going to be painted with the rest of the car anyways, correct?

Anyway, just thought I would get this all out as i was thinking about this earlier, and I know i have a temper and a tendancy to jump the gun on things, and for that I am sorry. If I could take back my feedback, I would, perhaps a moderator can help, i would just rather leave no feedback, unless we can come to some kind of an agreement where both of us are happy, i'd be more then willing to turn this bad experience into something we can both look at as something unfortunate, but in the end, worked out alright.

I do appreciate the step back, the apology and the response. I dont think i came off as childish, however if i did, then i also apologize.

To answer your question, yes i do plan to paint the hood; the only way that i would be satisfied is if i get an estimate to fix the hood ill let you know what it is and you reimburse me.

Obviosuly paypal is going to deny the claim because it was not purchased on ebay so it is not covered under the user agreement. UPS will deny a claim if it was not packed by one of their employees ( sold a glass top for a vette that was damaged, claim was denied for this reason ). The box had some creases in it but nothing to an extend that it looks like it would have caused this damage. Granted they very well might have, however thats going to be a pointless road to take with ups IMHO.

I am not looking to screw anyone, and like i said i am usually a very easy guy to get along with.

I would rather do it this way than to go through my credit card company to reverse the payment. I have spoken with them and they stated if i do need to go that route they would be more than happy to assist me.

And to the question of if i have another hood, the moderators of ls1tech is more than welcome to comb through my past posts, pms,paypal or even emails- i have not purchased another ws6 hood at any time.

So at this point the ball is in your court. Please let me know what you would like to do so i can take the proper actions myself.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by neodamonkey
I do appreciate the step back, the apology and the response. I dont think i came off as childish, however if i did, then i also apologize.

To answer your question, yes i do plan to paint the hood; the only way that i would be satisfied is if i get an estimate to fix the hood ill let you know what it is and you reimburse me.

Obviosuly paypal is going to deny the claim because it was not purchased on ebay so it is not covered under the user agreement. UPS will deny a claim if it was not packed by one of their employees ( sold a glass top for a vette that was damaged, claim was denied for this reason ). The box had some creases in it but nothing to an extend that it looks like it would have caused this damage. Granted they very well might have, however thats going to be a pointless road to take with ups IMHO.

I am not looking to screw anyone, and like i said i am usually a very easy guy to get along with.

I would rather do it this way than to go through my credit card company to reverse the payment. I have spoken with them and they stated if i do need to go that route they would be more than happy to assist me.

And to the question of if i have another hood, the moderators of ls1tech is more than welcome to comb through my past posts, pms,paypal or even emails- i have not purchased another ws6 hood at any time.

So at this point the ball is in your court. Please let me know what you would like to do so i can take the proper actions myself.
get me an estimate for repair, i need to give this to UPS to get the money to repair it, since it did have insurance on it.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup. reason why they charged you more for insurance since you payed for $700 dollars, so regarless who packaged it, insurance should work, i mean, thats why you paid more, isnt it?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Launching!

I will work on getting that estimate next week when i am off. I believe first day i will be off that a shop will be open will be thursday. Ill keep you updated, hopefully the situation can be resolved and like you said we can look back and feel like we accomplished something.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Ricks99ls1;7969624]
Not to be picky( because i understand this is a car forum so gramer really does not matter ) but i wouldn't talk **** about sentance structure after posting that.

not to jump in but since you are both talking about spelling and punctuation, you spelt "sentence" wrong
you spelled "spelled" wrong.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Launching!

I will work on getting that estimate next week when i am off. I believe first day i will be off that a shop will be open will be thursday. Ill keep you updated, hopefully the situation can be resolved and like you said we can look back and feel like we accomplished something.

sounds good, let m e know.

also, can you send me more pics to show UPS, pref of the entire hood from all angles? and pictures of the box.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Im glad both of you worked this out. Got heated at first hopefully it works out in the end.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Launching!

can i get pics of the entire hood and the box please?

paypal awarded me the claim, and i got the money, but i still want to make this right... i need pics of the entire hood, and the box aswell as it arrived, so i can begin a claim with UPS.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Not a problem. Its just been a crazy busy week but the bf has off tomorrow so he will be getting the pictures and taking the hood for an estimate.

Lauren
Old 10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Launching!

thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Just want to keep updated, i am trying to get to the body shop and get pictures by today; unfortunatly the guy i sold our silver vette to a month ago is FINALLY comming to finish the deal lol

I wish there were more hours in a day...

Ill keep you updated one way or the other
Old 10-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Launching!

thats cool.

on a sidenote... are there any admins that can remove the feedback i left this guy? and if he agree's, remove the feedback he left me aswell.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Launching!

While i would like a mod to remove my feedback ( the one on my account ), i would like to leave the sellers until we figure out some sort of solution for the issue at hand.

I did not get a chance to actually get the hood to a body shop, i did however take some of the pictures to a few and most said i would be looking between 400-600 for the repair. I had to meet the guy that bought my vette and was schedualed to help a friend move to his new house. To top it off i was by myself when i was able to go get the hood, and did not want to try to get it to fit in the bed of my truck myself. My next day off is tuesday, i can get the estimates at that time.

Here is on side of the box, again i did not want to try to move it around to much. I did notice that there is a part where it looks like some of the top part of the box was ripped away from the rest. There is also two footprints on the box, there is some scuffing on the paint as well.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Launching!

where are the pics of the other side of the hood?

the footprint is a good one though, i'd love to hear UPS's response to that one. LOL

It's pretty obvious the thing was raped during shipping. Not sure i understand why you want to leave your feedback...i thought we were coming to an agreement on things? the way it was treated during shipping is not my fault...and the damage is clearly new damage. hell theres FOOTPRINTS on the box???
Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Launching!

and if i remember correctley, the cowl of the hood is/was right where the left shoe footprint is...off to the side... stepping there with full body weight would most certainly create cracks in the hood like you showed. but i need pics of the other side of the hood aswell please.

the paint might look fine if you rinsed off the hood and cleaned it up a little...not that it isnt important the paint looks good, cause when it came off the car, and was shipped it looked as i described it to you. But isnt it going in to be repainted an entirely different color anyway?

Last edited by SMOKKINU; 10-26-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Launching!

the footprint is a good one though, i'd love to hear UPS's response to that one. LOL

It's pretty obvious the thing was raped during shipping. Not sure i understand why you want to leave your feedback...i thought we were coming to an agreement on things? the way it was treated during shipping is not my fault...and the damage is clearly new damage. hell theres FOOTPRINTS on the box???
As would i...thats just ****** ridiculous. Glad to see that the absurd amount of money we pay to ship things is being put to good use
Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Launching!

I will get more pictures for you on tuesday, i was really pressed for time yesterday but did not want it to seem as if i was not trying to be cooperative.

If you are planning on filing something with ups you might want to call them up and get the process started
Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Launching!

I will get more pictures for you on tuesday, i was really pressed for time yesterday but did not want it to seem as if i was not trying to be cooperative.

If you are planning on filing something with ups you might want to call them up and get the process started

just started it today, they are going to be contacting lauren/karen wells (Had to lookup the phone number on the white pages online) i will fillout my cargo claim form this weekend and send it out on monday. UPS wants to come out and inspect it, so try and leave it alone and dont touch it so they can see how it looks like in the pics...
Old 10-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Launching!

ok, can you have them contact me. Also i am going to need to move the hood to a different location. Once they call me they are more than welcome to come look at it, i can let them know the address it will be at. Its currently at the girlfriends house, and it can not stay there

Quick Reply: SMOKKINU-Horrible Seller, unjustified feedback left