Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

SMOKKINU-Horrible Seller, unjustified feedback left

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neodamonkey
ok, can you have them contact me. Also i am going to need to move the hood to a different location. Once they call me they are more than welcome to come look at it, i can let them know the address it will be at. Its currently at the girlfriends house, and it can not stay there

i need your name and number, but i have a feeling they will ONLY go to the address that it was delivered too, otherwise they will claim it was damaged after shipping, this is what the guy told me from UPS....he said leave the package alone, try not to move it, leave it in the box it arrived in, and it has to be at the location we delivered it too.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Launching!

281-380-4848
Paul Sealing

I guess have them call me asap, as it needs to get moved :/
Old 10-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Launching!

281-380-4848
Paul Sealing

I guess have them call me asap, as it needs to get moved :/

i just called and gave them your number and name, unfortnuatley, they said if you move the shipment, it will void the claim and it will be denied. they will call monday they said (They have a seperate department that goes out and reveiws claims) according to UPS SCS
Old 11-01-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SMOKKINU
i just called and gave them your number and name, unfortnuatley, they said if you move the shipment, it will void the claim and it will be denied. they will call monday they said (They have a seperate department that goes out and reveiws claims) according to UPS SCS
Sounds to me like the hood has already been "moved" and opened...why would they care if it was moved? Like it's still going to be in the same spot they delivered it in days/weeks ago....lol

But on a side note, I will NEVER do business with SMOKKINU because of this fiasco. And the only reason you "won" the paypal claim is b/c the buyer received the hood and they felt the damage was b/c of UPS. That STILL doesn't make you "RIGHT" in any sense of the word in this deal.

BTW, you're screen name needs to be changed to SMOKKINSUMTHN, not SMOKKINU....unless that means "scammin u."
Old 11-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Launching!

icey hawt.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by red53gmc
Sounds to me like the hood has already been "moved" and opened...why would they care if it was moved? Like it's still going to be in the same spot they delivered it in days/weeks ago....lol

But on a side note, I will NEVER do business with SMOKKINU because of this fiasco. And the only reason you "won" the paypal claim is b/c the buyer received the hood and they felt the damage was b/c of UPS. That STILL doesn't make you "RIGHT" in any sense of the word in this deal.

BTW, you're screen name needs to be changed to SMOKKINSUMTHN, not SMOKKINU....unless that means "scammin u."

so, what should i do? accept responsibilty for the hood being walked on by UPS? I didnt know I was responsible, perhaps i should have shipped myself along with it to keep an eye on it.

I got insurance for a reason on the hood, neodamonkey needs to handle his part of it, get me an estimate, and some photographs of what ive asked to see....i asked for a pic of the entire hood...i got a pic, and the hood looks undamaged. I want a pic of the damage. and not just upclose pictures...

as of right now, in my eyes, the hood is undamaged. ive seen no proof that the "damage pictures" were pictures of my hood... the only pic i see of my hood shows it having no damage at all, and the box looks unscathed with the exception of footprints.

dont do business with me i could care less i will still sleep at night, and live life just fine without you.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Launching!

so, what should i do? accept responsibilty for the hood being walked on by UPS? I didnt know I was responsible, perhaps i should have shipped myself along with it to keep an eye on it.

I got insurance for a reason on the hood, neodamonkey needs to handle his part of it, get me an estimate, and some photographs of what ive asked to see....i asked for a pic of the entire hood...i got a pic, and the hood looks undamaged. I want a pic of the damage. and not just upclose pictures...

as of right now, in my eyes, the hood is undamaged. ive seen no proof that the "damage pictures" were pictures of my hood... the only pic i see of my hood shows it having no damage at all, and the box looks unscathed with the exception of footprints.

dont do business with me i could care less i will still sleep at night, and live life just fine without you.
Wait, so are we going back to finger pointing? I have not gone to get the estimates with the hood because YOU asked me not to move it. Ups is yet to have called my cell phone.

Its getting to the point where i may have to just go through my credit card and reverse the payment, since we are not getting anywhere and i have come to a point where i HAVE to move the hood. It cant stay where its at anymore, i left it there way past it being welcomed to stay there with the owner of the house, waiting for ups
Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

from bad to decent to sucks again.

post up pics of the entire hood from front to back, close up and distance just to cover all the bases and kinda stop the finger pointing.

thats like a 200-300 dollar job to fix btw. each crack needs to be drilled at the ends and cross hashes filed in. its easier to repair the corners or the top than the brace.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Launching!

I will definetly be getting the pictures on my next day off.

My question to the seller is this, how do you plan to go about making the situation right? I had to move the hood, i put it off for more than enough time and never once had ups call my cell phone number that i provided you?

Please let me know so that i can make arrangements
Old 11-03-2007, 03:39 AM
Launching!

I will definetly be getting the pictures on my next day off.

My question to the seller is this, how do you plan to go about making the situation right? I had to move the hood, i put it off for more than enough time and never once had ups call my cell phone number that i provided you?

Please let me know so that i can make arrangements

i called UPS and gave them the information they requested to contact you, and filled out the cargo claim form and sent it in...i dont know what else you want me to do. I havent heard from UPS, they said the next step is they need to inspect it, i guess that happens when they feel like it.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:41 AM
Launching!

Wait, so are we going back to finger pointing? I have not gone to get the estimates with the hood because YOU asked me not to move it. Ups is yet to have called my cell phone.

Its getting to the point where i may have to just go through my credit card and reverse the payment, since we are not getting anywhere and i have come to a point where i HAVE to move the hood. It cant stay where its at anymore, i left it there way past it being welcomed to stay there with the owner of the house, waiting for ups

defensive?

im just calling it as i see it...i had been asking for pictures for awhile now, and you seem reluctant to post them. im not insinuating anything, just calling it how i see it, thats all. if you say your going to post more, then i will be here waiting.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Launching!

defensive?

im just calling it as i see it...i had been asking for pictures for awhile now, and you seem reluctant to post them. im not insinuating anything, just calling it how i see it, thats all. if you say your going to post more, then i will be here waiting.
After going through this entire post with you, hell yes i am defensive. Wouldnt you be?

Calling it how you see it? Wouldnt you be a little nervous about having YOU call it how YOU saw it??

To start off, you never told me you were waiting on the hood until it was way past the time you should have shipped. The rest of the thread is self explanatory
Link to entire thread.
http://www.racersden.net/forum/showt...ht=neodamonkey

So again, i need to know how you plan to handle this. The box has been moved, i told you it could not stay at the address where it was. I even waited several days past where it was welcome and had worn its welcome for being there. So obviously ups is going to deny the claim since it has been moved. So now what are you going to do about it? I will have estimates for the damage next week along with more pictures. Again, let me know how you want to handle this so i can contact my cc company and we can either delete this thread, or keep it alive.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Let me say something here. I know this guy personaly and as a matter of fact he used a rotary buffer on the hood and caused tons of holograms in the hood about 2 years ago. I took my porter cable and compound up to our hang out spot and at 10:30 at night I fixed his hood to look good again but that was 2 years ago.

As far as everybodys story I havent the slightest clue but I can tell you the hood was in good condition before it got shipped. The picture of the foot print pretty much sums up what caused the damage to that hood. I had a harwood hood come to me the same way and yellow freight took care of it.

So dont bash me I am just putting a couple known facts into the mix here. Mike and I are friends but not close friends like go hang out together on a regular basis close if you know what I mean.

Last edited by NavyBlue99SS; 11-03-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NavyBlue99SS
Let me say something here. I know this guy personaly and as a matter of fact he used a rotary buffer on the hood and caused tons of holograms in the hood about 2 years ago. I took my porter cable and compound up to our hang out spot and at 10:30 at night I fixed his hood to look good again but that was 2 years ago.

As far as everybodys story I havent the slightest clue but I can tell you the hood was in good condition before it got shipped. The picture of the foot print pretty much sums up what caused the damage to that hood. I had a harwood hood come to me the same way and yellow freight took care of it.

So dont bash me I am just putting a couple known facts into the mix here. Mike and I are friends but not close friends like go hang out together on a regular basis close if you know what I mean.
While that is is nice, the other board seems to have a list full of people that dont agree with mikes selling or just seem to dislike him. On a side not, i checked some of your posts and saw a video of your car idling; man she looks and sounds very nice Enough about that, back on topic...

I have no way to verify what the condition of the hood was prior to being shipped, i just see a seller that postponed shipping and lied about several things and then i recieve a hood that is basically trash. I will have to look at the box again but it almost seems as if the footprints are below the tape, which means either ups taped the box after it had been stepped on ( unlikely ) or the footprints were on the box before it was shipped. Again i will have to reinspect that.

So, mike- How do you want to handle the situation? I can tell you your going to loose ALOT of potential sales on this board ( the more people that see the thread the more you will loose, its already at 1500 views. Your reputation has already been tarnished, leaving this thread alive is only going to completly ruin it).

Its not only the part pictured that was damaged, the latch is damaged, the paint is messed up, like i said the hood is pretty bad. I was/ am not worried so much about the paint or the latch. The hood is getting repainted anyways, and the latch is a fairly easy fiberglass fix( break it off, and refiberglass it to the hood during prep )- my main concern is the brace ( as someone stated thats where the process is )
Old 11-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Restricted User

yep. since we are all a bunch of "shady fu#ks" here on ls1tech, you can count on me as never doing business with you no matter how this turns out.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

While that is is nice, the other board seems to have a list full of people that dont agree with mikes selling or just seem to dislike him. On a side not, i checked some of your posts and saw a video of your car idling; man she looks and sounds very nice Enough about that, back on topic...

I have no way to verify what the condition of the hood was prior to being shipped, i just see a seller that postponed shipping and lied about several things and then i recieve a hood that is basically trash. I will have to look at the box again but it almost seems as if the footprints are below the tape, which means either ups taped the box after it had been stepped on ( unlikely ) or the footprints were on the box before it was shipped. Again i will have to reinspect that.

So, mike- How do you want to handle the situation? I can tell you your going to loose ALOT of potential sales on this board ( the more people that see the thread the more you will loose, its already at 1500 views. Your reputation has already been tarnished, leaving this thread alive is only going to completly ruin it).

Its not only the part pictured that was damaged, the latch is damaged, the paint is messed up, like i said the hood is pretty bad. I was/ am not worried so much about the paint or the latch. The hood is getting repainted anyways, and the latch is a fairly easy fiberglass fix( break it off, and refiberglass it to the hood during prep )- my main concern is the brace ( as someone stated thats where the process is )

Thanks for the compliment!

As far as what went down and what he did I really have no clue. I havent seen or talked to him in a couple months. I do know that hood was in very good condition just a few months ago. I think it was likely broken from being stepped on during shipment. I hope you two get everything squared away. Mike acts like a tool on racersden but in person he is a whole different person. Very nice and easy going. Good luck!
Old 11-03-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

if UPS hasnt been in contact by now something is wrong.
SMOKKINU do you have a case number for the claim?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Unfortunatly even if he gets them to come look at it now, it has been moved. I waited about 5 days past when it needed to get moved to move it. So if what smokin is saying they will deny the claim based soley on that.

I really dont know if it was damaged during shipping or damaged before shipment. I am still waiting to hear the sellers response about what he is going to do to make the situations right. Like i said this thread can either die or be kept alive, hes only ruining his reputation.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:09 AM
11 Second Club

so he posts that you said there was NO hood in the box? i thought there was a hood, just damaged??
Old 11-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Havok2
so he posts that you said there was NO hood in the box? i thought there was a hood, just damaged??
Exactly

Quick Reply: SMOKKINU-Horrible Seller, unjustified feedback left