Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Got screwed by a long time member (Smokin87TA)??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got screwed by a long time member (Smokin87TA)??

Trying to get some feedback on what to do here.

Basically I purchased what was suspposed to be a new set of Comp 7.4 pushrods from Smokin87TA. He has a trader rating of 184 so I assumed that this transaction would be a no brainer. He described the pushrods as new, when they obviously are not. Not really that big of a deal except that I paid a new parts price for used parts.

Anyway, went to send him a PM only to find out that he apparently disabled his PM settings. I then sent him two e-mails thru his user profile only to receive a return to sender message several days later.

At this point not sure what else I can do? His last activity was on 12/04. Given his trader rating I really doubt he would screw me over, but the fact that his PM's and email have been recently disabled only leaves me to wonder. Any help or advice is appreciated.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:08 AM
11 Second Club

post pics....for your defense.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Havok2
post pics....for your defense.
Will do, any other input on this?
Old 12-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Scammer Alert!

thats funny, not only did tim scam ls1tech by advertising his crappy porting business when he wasnt a sponsor, but he also scammed a member... really nice tim, hahah disabling your pm settings, and return to sender from the email??? Looks like he knew what he was doing, probably needed a new part for his turbo setup, SlverSierra pm me and ill get you his number.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ricks99ls1
thats funny, not only did tim scam ls1tech by advertising his crappy porting business when he wasnt a sponsor, but he also scammed a member... really nice tim, hahah disabling your pm settings, and return to sender from the email??? Looks like he knew what he was doing, probably needed a new part for his turbo setup, SlverSierra pm me and ill get you his number.
and this is coming from someone who sold an ls1 intake as an ls6? LOL dumbass
Old 12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

list the thread too.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Havok2
list the thread too.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...444&highlight=
Old 12-10-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8
Will do, any other input on this?
Based on my experience, you will have to eat this one... Paypal does not cover the "quality" of the item if that is how money was paid, and it is not worth $90 to pursue legal options.

Sadly, now it is a necesstiy here to have pictures of what you are buying, and with an honest seller this tends to add days to the process if they don't have any posted with the FS thread. Didn't use to be that way...
Old 12-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Restricted User

Hey this is Tim Olson (Smokin87ta) im on my friends account since mine is messed up right now and we are trying to fix it. I really don't appreciate you making a thread without even contacting me first. I know you couldn't pm me but you could have sent an email to my email, you did send paypal to that account.

The pushrods i sold you were brand new comp ti tech 7.4"s and still sealed in plastic from comp in the original box. You bought them for $90 shipped for brand new pushrods and new i paid $140 for them so you didnt pay close to new. They were still sealed in the plastic when i shipped them to you.

You refused to cover paypal fees as well so i only really got $80 after shipping. Now i see used pushrods with 10,000+miles sell for $75 plus shipping all day long ect. These were brand new sealed in the plastic so i dont understand how your not happy, i also double boxed them when i shipped them.

Everything i sold was still brand new in package and sealed, the pushrods, timing chain and oil pump were never used as i dont even have a running motor and bought them all for my upcoming 408 build. But bought a complete 408 instead.

If your not happy with them and they are still sealed i have no problem giving you a 100% refund if you send them back, ill just resell them. If you need to contact me further you can shoot me an email as well. My address is

Tim Olson
622 Tilipi ln
Schaumburg, IL 60193

Thanks, Tim
Old 12-11-2007, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NITROUSD347
Hey this is Tim Olson (Smokin87ta) im on my friends account since mine is messed up right now and we are trying to fix it. I really don't appreciate you making a thread without even contacting me first. I know you couldn't pm me but you could have sent an email to my email, you did send paypal to that account.

The pushrods i sold you were brand new comp ti tech 7.4"s and still sealed in plastic from comp in the original box. You bought them for $90 shipped for brand new pushrods and new i paid $140 for them so you didnt pay close to new. They were still sealed in the plastic when i shipped them to you.

You refused to cover paypal fees as well so i only really got $80 after shipping. Now i see used pushrods with 10,000+miles sell for $75 plus shipping all day long ect. These were brand new sealed in the plastic so i dont understand how your not happy, i also double boxed them when i shipped them.

Everything i sold was still brand new in package and sealed, the pushrods, timing chain and oil pump were never used as i dont even have a running motor and bought them all for my upcoming 408 build. But bought a complete 408 instead.

If your not happy with them and they are still sealed i have no problem giving you a 100% refund if you send them back, ill just resell them. If you need to contact me further you can shoot me an email as well. My address is

Tim Olson
622 Tilipi ln
Schaumburg, IL 60193

Thanks, Tim

Tim, not trying to bash you man just trying to resolve the situation here. You cannot receive PM's and I sent you two e-mails thru the site, both of which were returned undeliverable.

Not sure if we are talking about the same pushrods here as they aren't new and were apparently purchased from another member on here at some point according to the previous shipping label on the outside of the box.

Will pull your e-mail from my paypal account and hope to resolve this that way.

Last edited by SlvrSierra4.8; 12-11-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Scammer Alert!

Come on Tim, Man up, and do the right thing, i thought we were all car entusiasts? Do whats right man!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ricks99ls1
Come on Tim, Man up, and do the right thing, i thought we were all car entusiasts? Do whats right man!
STFU your just trolling the thread. why dont you take care of your own **** before getting into other peoples business?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Scammer Alert!

Havok go doushe your boyfriend man, im trying to smooth things out, i never sold anyone a faulty part, that tread was bogus. All you do is troll te negative feedback section.. i have noticed this, about 90 % of the threads you stick your brown nose in. ease up off my nutts biotch
Old 12-11-2007, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

whatever scammer
go IRON your **** out and stop trying to get in the way of tim handling his own ****.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/806555-warning-99nbmfirebird-ricks99ls1-scammer.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/795686-did-i-make-mistake-ls6-intake.html
Old 12-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Scammer Alert!

get a life you beat whacker
Old 12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Teching In

I think I dealt with this guy before, I'll check.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:27 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by NITROUSD347

Tim Olson
622 Tilipi ln
Schaumburg, IL 60193

Thanks, Tim
Your account was restricted (no PM's or emails permitted) because you continued to solicit your products through this site without being a paid vendor. You received a restriction prior to this, and PSJ removed it. Then you continued to backdoor here. Now your account is permanently restricted. Because you used your friends account here, his will now be banned too.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Launching!

damn, nine ball is proving why hes the sheriff of these parts, Keep it up man, no room for scammers and solicitors like tim olsen or any other for that matter
Old 12-27-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Your account was restricted (no PM's or emails permitted) because you continued to solicit your products through this site without being a paid vendor. You received a restriction prior to this, and PSJ removed it. Then you continued to backdoor here. Now your account is permanently restricted. Because you used your friends account here, his will now be banned too.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit..... lol.