Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

don't know what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default don't know what to do?

About a month ago I sent out a money order for a set of coil packs. Weeks go by and I never get a "received payment" PM or a "your item was shipped today" PM. I PM'ed him 4 times throughout the weeks with no response. Finally a couple of days ago I PM'ed him and said the receipt for the money order was dated the 26 of June and wondered if he shipped the item out yet, because it has been almost a month now. A couple days go by and he responds with "i never recieved it you can check the reciept it hasnt been cashed by me".

I didnt even know you could check that, and I know I sent it out because I sent it with the rest of my bills that day.

I really dont know what to do now.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

#1. Post the link to the for sale ad.

#2. If you have the receipt for the money order you can contact the vendor (ie post office or money gram) and they can tell you if the money order has been cashed.

#3. Depends on the answer to #2.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

#1 https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...334&highlight=

#2 I will have to do it Monday, the Post Office is already closed today.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Regular

Did you add any tracking to the envelope it was sent in?
Old 07-19-2008, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rhedalert
Did you add any tracking to the envelope it was sent in?
No, it was just a plain white envelope. I will call the Post Office on Monday, and if it hasnt been cashed yet I will ask for a refund. If the money has been cashed, negative feedback will ensue.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Quick update.

I went to the post office today and they gave me a form to fill out to get the money order inquiry. It cost me $5.20 for it...and I guess I will have to wait until they send me the information in the mail.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Update:

I finally received information about the money order a few months after the fact. The post office found that nobody cashed it so they sent me a check for a $100.

I ended up cashing it around Sept. 3rd or something close to that, then a month goes by and I get a letter in the mail from the USPS telling me there was a double payment, which means somebody cashed the money order after I cashed my check and they were billing me for it.

I called the Post Office today, and they said the money order was cashed 2 weeks after I cashed the check they sent me, and I am liable for the $100 now. I still never received the item either, so now Im out $100 again.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Make them tell you where it was cashed and then ask them if they have a security camera there. USPS money orders have to be cashed at a post office somewhere and I'll bet they have a camera.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
Make them tell you where it was cashed and then ask them if they have a security camera there. USPS money orders have to be cashed at a post office somewhere and I'll bet they have a camera.
USPS, sent me a a copy of the original money order and it says where it was cashed and the money order even has the siginature on it. Of course its too sloppy to read.

Of course the original poster and the whoever cashed the check live in the same state.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

I sent the poster a message saying he owes me $100 dollars, and if I dont hear from him within a week I will take legal action.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

thats good you got a case espically with his signature on it, thats all the post office needs now to prosecute him now, your one of the lucky ones cause you have all that evidence,
Old 10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9
USPS, sent me a a copy of the original money order and it says where it was cashed and the money order even has the siginature on it. Of course its too sloppy to read.

Of course the original poster and the whoever cashed the check live in the same state.
I always use postal money orders, since in order to cash it, the person needs picture ID, and most post offices will not cash it, if the ID isn't the person who's name appears on it or the purchaser. If he cashed it, its mail fraud and the postal inspector will handle it for you. By the way, once you file a claim for the money order and get a refund, they shouldn't have cashed the original one. Tell them to go after him to get the money back
Old 10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by poconojoe
I always use postal money orders, since in order to cash it, the person needs picture ID, and most post offices will not cash it, if the ID isn't the person who's name appears on it or the purchaser. If he cashed it, its mail fraud and the postal inspector will handle it for you. By the way, once you file a claim for the money order and get a refund, they shouldn't have cashed the original one. Tell them to go after him to get the money back
He replied to the PM a couple days ago asking for my address so he can send a check.

I will see how this goes.

BTW, the lady on the phone said its my responsability now since I signed the claim form, even though he was the one who cashed it after I made the claim.

Quick Reply: don't know what to do?