Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Form>Function aka Craig Payne...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If any of you in the thread are waiting to be partially or fully compensated for Craig's fraudulent actions, please contact me via PM.

Those that already have contacted me, please stand by.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 AM
70Z
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I just get an email from our friend Craig Payne:

09/03/08, 7:49 am: did everything go alright getting a chargeback from the credit card company

What is with this guy? Like I have always felt, he seems legit just a complete moron. I patiently waited for my engine to ship for over a month with his excuses. then I see the thread started here and see some (ok, 1 because that is all that he has delivered) of his "shipped" engines which are a far cry from what was described.

I, like many of you, have received a response to my PayPal complaint and they decided in my favor but because he has no money in his account I am SOL on that front. If I had known this little "catch" of PayPal, I would not have gone through with this. Why would anyone actually use PayPal, where is the buyer protection?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

paypal sucks, always use a credit card thru paypal. Your credit card can do a chargeback, and paypal can't stop them.

Here is his IP address that was used to post.

The IP Address is: 68.79.91.182. The host name is: adsl-68-79-91-182.dsl.sfldmi.ameritech.net.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Im in Harrison Township looking for his house now...just kidding...thought about it though!

I finally got a money order refund from him earlier this week. I dont have the envelope with the address he sent it from n me, but Ill put it up on Sat. I was able to hold the paypal dispute open and had the advantage over him on it.

His stories and excuses never matched up; every time I communicated with him, nothing but BS came out of his mouth. I really hope everyone gets their money or the worthy parts they paid for.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:31 PM
70Z
Teching In

Anyone care to comment on our friend's comments: (Now my motor is missing parts, last week it was complete and ready to ship)

your spreadsheet is way messed up. you should really get facts straight first man.

i was the middle man in all of these deals where the other party took the money and ran. resulting in what has happened now. i am assuming full responsibility for all of this and taking care of it with my own money and rescourses.

oh, and BTW i have you motor, when i got it, it was missing intake, valve covers, and rockers, and i didnt want to send you an incomplete motor.

i can send you it+ 500 if you still want that, or your credit card will be reimbursed as i have already talked to paypal and when your credit card company contacts them everything will be in your favor

fasttimes1- refunded
alocker- refunded 2145, still owe 480
deathbyspoon- received motor, owe $160
you- your credit car company is refunding you (or i have the motor)
john duell- need to refund
The biz- received and will soon be partially refunded

i understand what ive done is not the way to do business, and i realize that i will need to take care of all of this. im not scamming or ditching out on anyone.

i have over 10 refferences where ive sold motors/transmissions on ls1tech.com and all went smooth, that is why i wasnt expecting the 3rd party to burn me, but it happened and thats what i get. i am remedying all of this situation
Old 09-04-2008, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

What it comes down to is he initially said the delay was due to issues with the freight company he was using. Now its because the other party took the money and ran.

I would be willing to give a little bit of leeway if he was honest in the beginning, but unfortunately I don't believe that was the case. I do want to know what he pissed away over $10,000 on in a month. Cars, Women, blow???
Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 PM
70Z
Teching In

I'm thinking he is selling hot merchandise. Over sold thinking that some of his hoodlums would have some hot vehicles coming in, so he came up with excuses for us.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 70Z
Anyone care to comment on our friend's comments: (Now my motor is missing parts, last week it was complete and ready to ship)

your spreadsheet is way messed up. you should really get facts straight first man.

i was the middle man in all of these deals where the other party took the money and ran. resulting in what has happened now. i am assuming full responsibility for all of this and taking care of it with my own money and rescourses.

oh, and BTW i have you motor, when i got it, it was missing intake, valve covers, and rockers, and i didnt want to send you an incomplete motor.

i can send you it+ 500 if you still want that, or your credit card will be reimbursed as i have already talked to paypal and when your credit card company contacts them everything will be in your favor

fasttimes1- refunded
alocker- refunded 2145, still owe 480
deathbyspoon- received motor, owe $160
you- your credit car company is refunding you (or i have the motor)
john duell- need to refund
The biz- received and will soon be partially refunded

i understand what ive done is not the way to do business, and i realize that i will need to take care of all of this. im not scamming or ditching out on anyone.

i have over 10 refferences where ive sold motors/transmissions on ls1tech.com and all went smooth, that is why i wasnt expecting the 3rd party to burn me, but it happened and thats what i get. i am remedying all of this situation
You should have seen the BS he gave me through pm's when I was looking to buy a motor from him. He said he owned a salvage company and he had this and had that. Then when he sent me pics of the engine, he stole the pics from another member's for sale ad. How many different stories is he giving out?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Im never in a big rush to receive any parts I buy. I am usually pretty patient, all I ask for is the seller to be honest about what is going on. If he just cant get it shipped because he is too busy that week, fine, just keep me updated. I start getting unpatient when the excuses are clearly bullshit and the stories dont match up.

Whatever his reasons, we all know he is a bad seller and that he is swimming in bs. I am glad to hear that he has admitted his screw up and that he is trying to pay everyone back...I just hope thats not bs as well! Function>form, just understand that making things right doesnt make you a good trader!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alright. Pulled the motor apart further today and found a few more things that need to be addressed. I have called Craig and we are working on an agreement. I just wanted you guys to know what else to look for.

1. Pulled the heads off the motor to find that 2 of the pistons have pretty healthy detonation marks in them. Looks like some one installed them with a ball-peen hammer. So, pistons are going to get junked as well.

2. Oddly enough LS1 knock sensors thread right into the sides of the block. Funny...those are supposed to be drilled an tapped for an LS1 knock sensor. Looks like someone has already tried to use this motor in an LS1 harnessed car.

3. The conclusion at the shop is that this motor was used in an LS1 conversion..tuned badly...developed a detonation problem and knock...then pulled from said project car and dumped off to me. Damn it.

More to come as I find it......
Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like one hell of a mess...Hope you get it straightened out. Good Luck
Old 09-07-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That really sucks.....I hope you get your money back.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

****...This makes me think i REALLY need to pull the oil pan and heads and see what's up...just to double check.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by deathbyspoon
****...This makes me think i REALLY need to pull the oil pan and heads and see what's up...just to double check.
I would.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by deathbyspoon
I would NOT install that engine into ANYTHING without taking it apart and checking everything over.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

I'm at least going to get the heads off tomorrow. I'll post pics.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

Have pic buts they're still on my camera. To my surprise, the motor actually looks pretty clean. Even burning marks, no signs of detoniation, i could even see the cross hatch pattern on the cylinder walls and there were no ridges. That's a relief...While the heads are off, i might as well replace them...
Old 09-15-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talked to Craig last Friday. He's been pretty good to deal with so far. He told me he was going to send me a money order. He said it should be here early this week.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

Default WTF is This!!

Read the sig in this one.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/987311-6-2-l92-07-denali-dropout.html

Now go to this thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...994&highlight=

The F-quick link says Clinton Township MI.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 588 Likes on 466 Posts

Muskegon, Mi is only an hour from me - if anyone finds an address for this putz around there, send me a PM. I've got a couple friends who can put a little muscle to him. I'm guessing he just said he moved to throw people off the trail a bit.

Quick Reply: Form>Function aka Craig Payne...