Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Form>Function aka Craig Payne...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Function>Form aka Craig Payne...

Paid for an take out LS2 8 weeks ago. He says the motor was lost my the shipping company. Got a PM said that the motor went out yesterday. He has yet to send me a tracking number or present any kind of physical paperwork about the where-abouts of my motor.

From what I've been getting from other members is that he has the same story for everyone. Shippers lost the merchandise.

Its been to long to file a claim through paypal. Has anyone used www.ic3.gov to report internet scammers. I think I might give it a try.

If anyone has a phone number, or an address. I'd like to get this resolved as quick as possible. Its been 8 weeks.

Last edited by TheBiz; 09-02-2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Had the username backwards.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

I have the same story about my ported Weiand intake. Supposedly there were 3 delivery attempts and then it got shipped back to him...he said he sent it usps though, with usps, on a sig required delivery, the postman will leave a card in the mailbox for you to take to the post office to pick up the package. I have ordered approx. 15-20 parts in the past month and have had no issues.

Ive asked for a tracking # or a shipping receipt...nothing. His communication is very weak as well, takes about 3-4 pm's before he'll respond. I asked him to re-ship, and got no reply.

Edit: Just opened a paypal dispute.

Last edited by fasttimes1; 08-16-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Update. Was sent a PM and was told the motor should be here on Monday the 18th. Still hasn't provided a tracking number or any kind of information that would allow me to confirm the where-abouts. I guess I'll wait and see. I'm getting good at that.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

good luck to you both
Old 08-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Launching!

This is getting ridiculous. I've had TheBiz's car in my shop for almost 10 weeks now waiting on this motor. It is now 2:30 Monday, and still no motor on my shipping dock. You had better come up with something. It's complete bullshit the run around you have been giving him. It amazes me how you can do business this way. How can you not produce ANY kind of shipping information?? You said you sent the engine to Katech to get the reluctor wheel put on. I called them and they have never heard of you. You'd better come up with something or we'll make sure you never sell anything online again without us voicing our personal experiences with you. I suggest you reply to this thread with some sort of tracking information as to the whereabouts of this engine.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Launching!

there is no need for me to respond to this thread. the intake is being reshipped this week, and will include previous delivery sheet.

TheBiz has his tracking number! this was settled, and was a horrible experience through all of this, and to the others that i am having issues with, everything is slowly becoming resolved, and i will make sure all restatutions are made and am no longer offering shipping on motors
Old 08-19-2008, 03:14 PM
70Z
Teching In

Has this issue been fixed? I am one of the engine buyers who has not received anything yet. I am quickly approaching my 45 day PayPal cutoff period.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Launching!

yes, it has been, and everyone else's issue is being addressed and handled in the fastest possible time frame
Old 08-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Launching!

The engine showed up today and wow, what a freaking mess!!! It was supposed to have a 24 tooth reluctor wheel in it. He paid extra for this. It does not! Part of the reason you said it took 10 WEEKS was because it was at Katech getting the 24 tooth wheel put on. What is the excuse this time? Not only did he have to wait 10 weeks for his motor. Now he has to find and buy a 24 tooth crank and have it put in. Also the engine was supposed to have exhaust manifolds, plugs, and plug wires which are all missing. Also the accessories were taken off the front of the engine and just laid on the pallet. Why were they even removed?? It's missing ALL the accessory bolts. The fuel rail isn't bolted down and those bolts are missing. The rear cover was for some reason removed from the engine. I am guessing to make it look like you attempted to change the reluctor wheel. I'm guessing you were hoping we didn't notice or so you could try and pawn it off as being Katech's fault. Also the head temp and oil pressure sensors are busted off the engine. I have bought MANY engine and had them shipped and this is BY FAR the worst. This is rediculous. I hope you plan to make this right. Burt I am sorry your car has to be down even longer.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Function>Form
yes, it has been, and everyone else's issue is being addressed and handled in the fastest possible time frame
Well, the motor showed up, but thats the first thing, of many, that needs to be addressed.

I will post pics tomorrow, and make a list of everything this motor is missing, and everything that was paid for that hasn't been done.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is what it was supposed to look like. Lets just say it doesn't (picture below)

Ok...here it goes....

When the motor arrived, it was placed on a pallet. Tied down so loosely that it was able to be shifted by hand. The motor was just rolling around on the oil pan. All the accessories were removed and placed on the pallet as well. None of them bolted to the motor, none of them secured to the pallet. The were PLACED on the pallet. Mind you, this was not in a CRATE, it was on a pallet with no protection over the motor except for a Uhaul blanket and a trash bag.

The intake was missing the fuel rail bolts, there are no exhaust manifolds, there are not plugs or plug wires, the head temp sensor is broken off, the oil pressure sensor is broken off. The motor had rolled over on top of a few of the connectors on the harness, and the rear cover was removed, with the bolts laying on the pallet in a rubber glove.

Here's the kicker. I paid Craig an extra $200 to take the WHOLE MOTOR to Katech to have it disassembled, a 24 tooth wheel placed on the crank, and then re-assembled. When Katech was called last week, they had never heard of a Craig Payne. When I pulled the motor apart down to a shortblock tonight, there she sat, a 54 tooth wheel.

So if, nothing was done to the bottom end, why was the front of the motor disassembled and why were the accessories removed.

Now, I'm going to have to take the motor to a machine shop, have them remove the 54 tooth crank, buy a new 24 tooth crank, have it balanced and installed, and then wait another 3 weeks while all the parts come in to FIX this motor that was bought to be a DROP IN!

I'm glad I pulled it apart, because if I would have got the car together and found that the wrong reluctor was on the crank, I would have been PISSED!

So Craig, if you read this....I will be calling you tomorrow with a total I need reimbursed. Money for the shop rent I have been paying for the last 2 months, money for a new crank, and money to have a machine shop disassemble, balance, and then reassemble the motor. The way it was supposed to arrive at my door the first week in July!

From what I've heard, this isn't the first time you have screwed someone. I'm pretty sure this will need to be fixed in a hurry to avoid legal action. My lawyer already has a copy of ALL our PMs (back and forth), all of my receipts, the tracking information, and he has talked to the people at Katech, and the people and J&L Carriers. They have all agreed to share information that would allow me to take legal action.

It might be easier to just answer the phone when I Call tomorrow and we can settle this in a civil manner.

More updates to come....
Attached Thumbnails Form>Function aka Craig Payne...-2163351_102_full.jpg  
Old 08-19-2008, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

WOW...and Im sitting here worried about my 330 intake!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Craig called me this morning, I missed the call. I received a PM this afternoon with a monitary offer to make this right. Although appreciated, it was a little short of what I'm expecting. I have replied with a PM and awaiting his thoughts on my expectations.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

He says he is going to refund me $350 by money order...I guess we will see how it goes. I dont understand why he just cant send me the intake.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just received another PM, saying that there is no way he can come off $1500 (which is what I requested). He can't ship your intake, because he is in Canada. Not sure about that one. Guy does a lot of traveling.

We'll see how this one plays out. I sent a PM back stating that all of this could have been resolved with an e-mail back in June. Hopefully he can find a way to come up with the fundage to make this right. I don't have the energy to chase this guy to court, but I guess if thats what it takes...
Old 08-21-2008, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

I would like to see a pic of the intake with my full name and address on it!!!!!!

He sent me a pm stating this, "I am in canada working with a customer and will just have a gentleman at my shop go to the local convienent store and get a money order.

because there is cases through paypal i cant send or receive money"

This is a bunch of bullshit!!! You can close the paypal dispute by refundiing the money. He also has not responded to me at all through paypal.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:25 AM
Launching!

me and justin have derived at a agreement.

i do most of my business in canada and quite frankly, it said that i cant add any money to my paypal at the moment when i tried refunding that to you. i am posting from my phone. and will hopefully be home tomorrow night to take care of some of this.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Agreement has been reached that will satisfy both parties. I will shut up about this as soon as I am paid.

Last edited by TheBiz; 08-21-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Are you sure you are not the Craig Payne that attended L'Anse Creuse Middle School Central in Harrison township, MI ? Because a lot of my searching and phone calls tell me you are?!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:35 PM
70Z
Teching In

And the rest of us? I am getting to the point that a refund would be better than actually receiving the engine.

Quick Reply: Form>Function aka Craig Payne...