Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

fix your paypal and other methods of payment

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Paypal is for ***** for the buyer and seller.

I sold some computer equipment on ebay total price $4400. Had to wait for the buyer to send the money to paypal then to send to me. The guy paid I waited my normal 3days to ship the items.

On the third day the guy opens a dispute and 5 minutes later opens a claim, 2 hours later does a charge back from his bank. When I catch this the items are all ready shipped overnighted, paypal pulls the money from my bank account for the charge back.

The next 5 days im racking up overdraft fees daily from this. On top of other checks bouncing. Paypal and their slow *** to resolve claims.

The buyers excuse for doing this was his customer no longer needed the items he bought from me. So in the end I get the shaft since he cant resell my items for a profitt.

This has happend 4 times to me from business's that try to resell stuff they buy on ebay.

Paypal claims to use the Federal trade commission act for the buyer. They cant force somebody to buy something they dont want. This is what 3 supervisors told me after opening appeals for the paypal claims. They state if the buyer doesnt want it they dont have to buy it. They can just refuse shipment and get their money back with no hassles or issue. They dont care even if they put you in negitive balance with your bank.
All they do is tell the buyer to refuse shipemnt or send items back. They dont even care if you even get the item back.

Now I have to pay lawyers in 2 different states to sue 2 business's to get my items back. Total loss $9824 + legal fees now and + overdraft fees.

I told ebay and paypal to stick their accounts up their ***.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

Oh man, this is too much, I really hope you'll get your money/stuff back. That's just not right especially when it gets to these amounts. Do you mind givving us the name of that business on ebay?
Not to be a smart *** but I once had the same thing (2 years ago, wasn't that high amount thought), a guy bought something from me and then decided he didn't want it anymore after I already got the payment.
In my case I was ALWAYS online and as soon as I saw the dispute I hoped on the highway VERY QUICK to the bank, got in, straight to the manager and said: "I want paypal to NO LONGER be related to my bank account, do not honor anything from paypal".
Everything was done right on the spot, paypal tried to get the money out as the buyer made a claim few days later and nothing happened ever since. I contacted the guy and said: Ship my item back and you get your money back, he didn't want to !!!!!!!!!! (Now I have a different paypal account and got screwed as a buyer !!!)

Later on I called paypal and said: The guy doesn't want to ship the item back to get his money back, what does that tell you? !!!! Smart answers as you can imagine. **** paypal, stay away from it guys.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Check a service called StormPay.com they have been around for quite a few years without the problems PayPal has had.

I just remembered something from last week: a $1200 shipment where the seller sent it UPS COD (Cash On Demand). I was a bit surprised but there are no fees for this, you can write a personal check, money order, cashiers check all of which can be handled by banks and other institutions if they are not valid when presented for payment.

If you don't get the item you aren't out any money. If it arrives damaged or not what you thought you can refuse payment and they will send it back to the shipper. It requires you be at a location for delivery but then you are assured you receive the item and it is as described.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-27-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, after reading this and the stuff over at www.paypalsucks.com I removed all of my bank accounts from my PayPal account. I usually just leave the money in my PP account for buying parts and other stuff on the 'net but not any more!

I've never had a problem but all this stuff makes me think it's only a matter of time before I do.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

www.paypalsucks.com is the BEST and most accurate site I have ever visited. Good to know.

Quick Reply: fix your paypal and other methods of payment