New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

walboro 255 fuel pump fuel pressure issue.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default walboro 255 fuel pump fuel pressure issue.

I bought the pump from jegs, and the pump is fine however every month I am dropping the tank just to go buy another rubber hose, I am going to go buy a steel braded line now, but what is the reason why this is happening.
1.)At first I thought I was clamping the hose too tight...they would cut at top and bottom
2.)Then I thought I wasnt tightening them enough....Blew right off, I was pissed.
3.) well there is no 3 what am I doing wrong, I am putting it back in just like I took it out, I do have the metal gas tank so I always made sure the rubber hose didnt hit the metal at all, I just dont know. any suggestions??
Old 12-02-2008, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

not sure what ur problem is, its kinda unclear in your discription
Old 12-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

??? I bought a Good working brand new fuel pump I bought from jegs, every other month I am pulling my tank to replace the main line that runs from the pump to the top of the tank, it works fine for a whie, I have a fuel pressure guage on my aftermarket fuel rails, and after like a month or so I notice the fuel pressure is not what it is suppose to be say 56/62psi at idle running, then after a little bit it dropps to 45/35 at idle running, when its that low I snap the throttle you can see the gauge like Instantly drop to 15/10 and this is snapping the throttle from 1500 to like 3grand. I drop the tank and the rubber line that comes in the kit I keep on ordering so I am just going to buy a steelbraded line hopping to resolve this issue, what do you think is the reason it does that? Is this better......????
Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did it pop off when you had it tightened where the clamp was cutting the hose? I havent had and problems with my walboro other than it cant keep up under boost.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the same problem. I ended up finding a stock corrugated fuel line, slipped it over the pump nipple( hard to do) and back over the sending unit nipple(hard to do). I also used fuel injection style clamps as well. Should take care of it.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

i had this problem with mine but it wasnt the line it was the electical connection check that if it doesnt have the right voltage it wont pump right
Old 12-09-2008, 03:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You need SAE 30R10 rated high pressure submersible fuel injection hose. The hose you have been using is getting soft. It probably gets a small hole in it then eventually splits. Thats why you see a drop in pressure before it completely craps out. Good luck finding the hose. No one knew what I was talking about when I tried to buy some. Google SAE 30R10 submersible fuel injection hose. I think you can have NAPA order it but it is expensive.

Last edited by Black01M6SS; 12-09-2008 at 04:21 AM.