Sponsored by:

Getting Frustrated Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Frustrated Need Help!!!

To make this short and sweet.

My car was running lean...the driver side 02 was bad...replaced it...system read fine...the running lean again...passanger side was bad...replaced both 02 had no mor codes then 4 weeks later...again..this time it is just saying system to lean...I was wondering and this maybe a stupid question...I have a 90mm intake and 90mm throttle body...but I am still running stock injectors...could those stock injectors not be delivering enought fuel? Or could it be something else?

Thanks, to all who reply.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Did you get the car tuned? Tuner should have been able to see that. I would think that your injectors are about maxed tho
Old 12-10-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah he said they were reading at the max...would that be causing the system lean thought.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kev SS
Yeah he said they were reading at the max...would that be causing the system lean thought.
Could be. Usually if my injectors are running over 90% I like to slap in some bigger ones.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well..that's the only thing that I can think of is that's its just not getting enought fuel for that big intake...I can get a set of fast 42lb injectors for 350 bucks...prolly gonna go this route if everyone thinks this may fix the lean issue.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well..that's the only thing that I can think of is that's its just not getting enought fuel for that big intake...I can get a set of fast 42lb injectors for 350 bucks...prolly gonna go this route if everyone thinks this may fix the lean issue.
Even if it doesn't, you will still need them eventually if you keep modding so its not like your replacing something and its useless if you still have the problem.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running lean means a fuel issue. Could be the MAF reading too much air, the injectors maxing the duty cycle, or the fuel pump fading away.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

While we are on the subject....
If you change your injectors do you have program the MAF to match? I know with the Mustang's you have to change the sample tube in the MAF to match the injectors. If you do not change it to match the car will run lean.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

well the last time I had the car tuned he said the injectors were maxing out or something i believe. Wouldnt there be some signs with the fuel pump....i am starting to lean more towards injectors
Old 12-14-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In normal driving you should not have a lean issue cause the car does not require as much fuel and you should have enough injector. The lean issue should only occur at WOT so I would look at tune, MAF, fuel pressure etc....
Old 12-14-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I am gonna try the 42lb fast injectors. I can get them for good deal and The fact that the guy that tuned my car said the stock ones are maxed out. If this doenst work then I will check into fuel preassure.