Throwing code P1416

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Throwing code P1416

Air system bank 2 fault

Causes: AIR pump electrical fault, blocked AIR system, failed AIR pump

35k miles on it. The guy at auto zone said it was probably my air filter. It's a K&N and looks fine. I asked him if he would clear the code he said he cant by law.

I called several local shops.. no one will clear the code.

The car runs fine. Has full power, normal gas mileage. The manual says it might be wet electrical system and we have had major water on the roads lately and snow for 2 weeks before that.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Air pump is a Emissions system and has nothing to do with the air filter. The little hose coming off of your intake goes to the air pump. It is hard for a shop to delete this code for you because messing around with the emissions systems in some states is against the law. I had to buy HPtuners to get rid of mine because i couldn't find a shop around here to do it. here is some more info on the air pump..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...oval-pics.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...mount-faq.html
Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

What is the purpose of that bloated system?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Also I don't want any lights on and do not plan on putting any money into a system to block the codes/clear them etc
Old 01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

"AIR - Air Injection Recirculation - Emissions controll device. Injects fresh air into the exhaust gas before the cats. Helps them heat up to reach "emissions light off" faster."

If you read some of the links i put in my first post there is a ton of information about the Air System. I am not sure what is wrong with your car but these sites should help you trouble shoot it. maybe the pump **** the bed? Fuse blew? something clogged up the Air system? Good luck
Old 01-06-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most likely it's just a clogged passenger side air check valve. Easy to replace yourself and the light will turn off by itself after a few cold starts.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Juss clear the code and see if it comes back! I got a AIR code on my 01 WS6 before and the light had never come on before and the car ran fine! I have a MATCO scanner at home so I juss deleted the code, turned off the check engine light and it never came back! The PCM will turn the check engine liight on after 3 consective "trips" with the fault occuring, so if u turn it off and it comes back on, then you know u hava a legitimate problem! Its always good to write down the freeze frame data before you eerase the code so you know under what conditions the light came on in the first place.

Quick Reply: Throwing code P1416