Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car or girlfriend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 02:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Transgression
^^^ true dat homie lol....ladys pleasssseee...there plenty of me to go around....for one nite
Old 02-13-2009, 04:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ditch the bitch.

let's go racing
Old 02-13-2009, 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if the car is more important than your girl, either you have some serious issues or you're simply not that into her.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you spend more money on your car than the girl... I decided to do the opposite 5 years 4 gf's later I would have had enough to put away for LS7 Turbo all the goodies anythin i wanted for my fbod. 1 year single in iraq, comin home enough money for anythin i want and more than enough for the bank too! Remember rims over rings....
Old 02-13-2009, 05:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't read the thread. Just the title.

CAR.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:57 AM
Teching In

My girlfriend encourages my hobby. As long as what i'm doing make the car go faster or look better, she's all for it!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:09 AM
TECH Resident

my ex used to complain about my old car being more important... note that shes my EX NOW lol
Old 02-13-2009, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

pick the car, your car might break down every so often but will never lie,cheat or steal from you lol, ive gone through 3 women over my car
Old 02-13-2009, 07:27 AM
12 Second Club

i guess im EXTERMELY lucky then. my girlfriend loves my car, she loves the fact that im putting headers and duals on, she loves ttops off. she cant complain about me modding it because i pay for everything in the relationship, so if she even tries to go there, lata. lol.

but i can tell you one thing, my car will never let me down and will always be there for me.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

Fellas..you just need to the forums and go more often to car shows. We do exist!! (girls that love cars and working on them too)
Old 02-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Wow, I am the op! Also I am a GIRL!

I can see that some of of you guys are dead set on your car...
I have a boyfriend with an AMAZING trans am...
He is currently working on building it into something better by adding simple things like the headers and lid and etc.etc....

I have NO problem buying him things for it like the lid thing well air filter and car video games hahahhaha and now I am secretly ordering him the "5.0 shifter" ---maybe if we are still together... due to like No attention to me...

I posted this bulletin because I was curious to know "How (you) feel about cars" I guess because, I am slightly confused... I know it is a wonderful hobby, and let me tell ya GOING TO THUNDER VALLEY is sooo much fun... But a little more attention is super..

-----Oh and I think it is funny about the girls complaining about there hair... I love the T-tops down... I think I ask for more than him haha... Even when it's cold... I will just say "let's turn on the heater... " =] && Hell, you could just tell the girls to bring a brush =]

But thanks to all of your post! I guess the majority of your minds are set on car is more important than a girl :'(
Old 02-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Staging Lane

My wife is more important to me than our cars. On the other hand, she loves to drive and work on the cars with me, so maybe that's why she's so special

If she hated the car hobby and ordered me not to spend time on it, I guess things would have been different.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:56 AM
TECH Resident

LOL, lynn i think it all depends on the relationship. my last relationship sucked, so i was happy to spend all my money and time on the car. i give you credit for ordering parts for him haha. cars are an addiction, i cant stop modding them now. it sucks, but its also so much fun.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LucyLynn
Wow, I am the op! Also I am a GIRL!

I can see that some of of you guys are dead set on your car...
I have a boyfriend with an AMAZING trans am...
He is currently working on building it into something better by adding simple things like the headers and lid and etc.etc....

I have NO problem buying him things for it like the lid thing well air filter and car video games hahahhaha and now I am secretly ordering him the "5.0 shifter" ---maybe if we are still together... due to like No attention to me...

I posted this bulletin because I was curious to know "How (you) feel about cars" I guess because, I am slightly confused... I know it is a wonderful hobby, and let me tell ya GOING TO THUNDER VALLEY is sooo much fun... But a little more attention is super..

-----Oh and I think it is funny about the girls complaining about there hair... I love the T-tops down... I think I ask for more than him haha... Even when it's cold... I will just say "let's turn on the heater... " =] && Hell, you could just tell the girls to bring a brush =]

But thanks to all of your post! I guess the majority of your minds are set on car is more important than a girl :'(
sounds like you should call it quits with him
Old 02-13-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Don't think I've had that issue. Then again most women love verts.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Girls come and go but my Camaro will always be. If a girl is upset about me and my car then . I'm in college **** commitment.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99345hp
most of you are talking like a bunch of immature a$$holes. You guys do realize that the OP was a girl right? She has posted before about getting stuff for her BF's transam. There is a simple thing that most of us should have learned and its called respect.

Im not going to let a gf tell me not to work on my car, but I have listened to it before. It doesn't really bother me that much. If they arn't into cars you have to expect them to not want you to spend all your time with your car.

By the way, this meant a lot to me.. =] Thanks for saying this haha but seriously, I should show this to my boyfriend.
But you know--kinda.. I am very much into cars.
I want to race sooo badly at thunder valley. One day I will haha =]
Old 02-13-2009, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, all the girls @ the track or @ carshows are with a guy!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FLSSLS1
my wife does not care one way or the other! She did buy me my clear corners for Christmas! Can't beat that! But the one thing that is annoying is that she hate the T Tops off and if they are well the frigg'in windows have to be rolled up ARGH! Jeez! it may mess up the hair! ARGH!

yes this is very annoying, i have the same problem. . .
Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Launching!

ok listen. If they can spend $200 to have their hair done, $50 on their nails, $150 on body lotions and special hair treatments then i dont want to hear about spending "too much money" on my car. Or...Buy her something for her car.

You want her to stop complaining? LET HER DRIVE IT. Mine understood very quickly what the facination was with these. Took all the arguing away.

"You spend too much time working on your car and cleaning it". Want that to go away? Easy. Everytime you wash yours, wash hers. Im not saying spend 3 hours detailing it, but scrub it down. Complaining quickly goes away. Pop her hood every so often and clean it up, check the oil and do her tune ups. Or invite her out to help you, and show her around her car while your at it so she knows why you get so involved and why it takes so long.