New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car or girlfriend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009 | 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

You guys know that the OP is a girl... right?

Not to add insult to injury, but I just told my gf that some girls get jealous of a guy's car because they spent too much time with it...

Response: "Why? It's a big piece of metal? Thats stupid to be jealous over."

Last edited by Ironxcross; 02-14-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2009 | 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
Yes, and if you had read the thread you would know that it has already been mentioned 3 times. It also shouldn't affect the answer of the question SHE asked...
Old 02-14-2009 | 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
Yes, and if you had read the thread you would know that it has already been mentioned 3 times. It also shouldn't affect the answer of the question SHE asked...
Oh, I read the thread. Just some tact would have been nice.
Old 02-14-2009 | 08:42 PM
Launching!

my girl love's my car but if it came down to it i'd ditch the car for her cause people are one of a kind and a car.. well i can build another one like it any time, but i wont find a girl like her again
Old 02-14-2009 | 08:45 PM
Launching!

what does that got to do with it? the question has one answer who askes it don't matter

so plain and simple, car or girl??
Old 02-14-2009 | 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fotis
what does that got to do with it? the question has one answer who askes it don't matter

so plain and simple, car or girl??
Me? Both. Pick the right girl and you can have both. If the OP wants to get jealous, thats on her. My girlfriend finds it stupid get jealous over a piece of metal.
Old 02-14-2009 | 10:55 PM
Teching In

My Car is my Girl!
Old 02-15-2009 | 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Me? Both. Pick the right girl and you can have both. If the OP wants to get jealous, thats on her. My girlfriend finds it stupid get jealous over a piece of metal.
Smart gal, she's a keeper.
Old 02-17-2009 | 09:52 AM
Teching In

I think it is funny how some people are throwing a fit because it has been mentioned "3" or however many times that "I" the op is a Girl..

But I believe it's because some of you are not actually reading what I wrote and how I meant it.. && some answers are as if I was a guy... "Ditch that Bitch".. and ....
Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
this topic has come up a lot, bro. if you don't wanna hear her ****, get rid of her....the girl, not the car she's your girlfriend and not your wife so she has no reason to open her mouth about your car.
&& many more... It is kinda ridiculous...

&& I am not sure on your take on relationships but your girlfriend is usually that someone that you see as your wife someday.. She is not just a toy that you like for a while then trade her in... and your girlfriend turns into your wife who makes your daughter or whatev.. for that person who said something like it's not like you like your car over your daughter....

But, Thanks for all the comments to everyone..Oh and sorry if i am coming off rude or whatev but that was on my mind.. && Just to make things extremely CLEAR, I would never ask trey to give up his car or anything and I am not jealous of him and his "annie" as he calls his trans am.. I was just curious to know about how many guys hear from their girl that they love their care more than their girlfriend.....
&& Yes I am from oklahoma and I went to thunder Valley on sat. && thought it was cold as hell but got to see some awesome runs....
Old 02-17-2009 | 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 69BirdX
My girlfreind dont care she rolls her eyes. But i tell her how it is. I dont have to worry about my car leaving me
amen

to this day i have never had my car act up cause it is pissed at me cuase i spent time with my gf instead of my car. the gf on the other hand. lol
Old 02-17-2009 | 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
true. people are just giving personal opinions. opinions shouldnt have to change in typing just because the OP is a girl. she understands. she asked the question. nobody on here personally offended her DIRECTLY and just giving each owns personal opinion

my car is a girl too. an agressive one
Old 02-17-2009 | 12:57 PM
Launching!

My car makes all the first moves...
Old 02-17-2009 | 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nemss1
true. people are just giving personal opinions. opinions shouldnt have to change in typing just because the OP is a girl. she understands. she asked the question. nobody on here personally offended her DIRECTLY and just giving each owns personal opinion

my car is a girl too. an agressive one
Yea ^^ that's kind of how I thought of it...
Old 02-17-2009 | 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SlowSS416
My car makes all the first moves...
all u gotta do is turn'r on, show her a lil aggression and she makes the moves
Old 02-17-2009 | 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ruedy4
Hahahaha! I don't mean to laugh at your dilemma, i have just heard about this a million times. I have owned an f-body pretty much since the day i got my license and i guess i am extremely lucky because i have not yet encountered this problem. Although my fiance does roll her eyes a lot and everytime i mention the car she says "oh god! what now?!"
wait til' you get married it will all change!!
Old 02-17-2009 | 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

my ex gf was into cars but she allways drove mustang's which i allways said there's no replacement for displacement..... she was cool intill i broke or blew up something then she would say when are you going to grow out of this blahh blahhhhh blahh
Old 02-17-2009 | 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

my job got slow in tha early 90's i had a 79 ta that had a bigblock 6-71 supercharger my wife wanted me to sell it, i told her she would go before i would sell my car, well i still have the car and a new girlfriend enough said.
Old 02-17-2009 | 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just deleted a whole rant so.... you are spared...

Lucy Lynn you seem like a great girl and maybe an exception to the rule below......but after 19 yrs 10 mths my ex finally showed her true colors. I still can't learn and GF in avatar willl prolly break my heart too but then I will just have a new avatar....

It's an old cliche but....
If it has tires, ****, or an anchor it will give you trouble.........

100% true for me so far.............
Old 02-18-2009 | 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
It's an old cliche but....
If it has tires, ****, or an anchor it will give you trouble.........

100% true for me so far.............
Dude I like that one...
Old 02-18-2009 | 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

I'll repost this from your other thread:

"...the answer is yes. In fact, my ex found out that I spent Valentine's Day this year pulling my transmission out of my Z28 and she sent me a message saying she was glad I finally got to spend Valentine's Day with my true love after being with her for almost five years.

She was just joking around as we still get along but it just goes to show you the train of thought for most girlfriends when it comes to their boyfriends' cars."