Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Profile Floor Jack?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Harbor freight offers that same jack for $89.... Tell me is this the same one? If it is i may considering buying it

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91039
The one from harbor freight you have the link to has held up to alot of abuse at my shop. I have used it, and the 2 ton I posted the links for together, to lift our 8,600# dump truck and its still alive. Harbor freight also has some good cheap jack stands too.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just snagged a low profile jack from wallyworld for 60. 3" high front. Its been branded with GM Performance Parts (but who knows what chinese company got it)
Old 02-22-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by conan
The one from harbor freight you have the link to has held up to alot of abuse at my shop. I have used it, and the 2 ton I posted the links for together, to lift our 8,600# dump truck and its still alive. Harbor freight also has some good cheap jack stands too.
I jsut went and bought that jack today, the one that i linked in the earlier post
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
I've had this jack for about 5 years now with no issues. Got it half price back when I worked at an auto parts store. This thing will almost slide under the air dam! Slide it right under the k-member, 6/7 pumps, and you have your oil draining in under a minute....
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
I jsut went and bought that jack today, the one that i linked in the earlier post

Cool. I hope that works well for ya. I looked at the stuff from harbor freight more - the one that is most compareable to mine is

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92782

2-ton rapid pump with the duel pistons.

I think you'll be happy with the one you got. Seems like a nice jack for the price
Old 03-20-2020, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 214 Likes on 167 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

BUMP!

I need something long enough and low profile enough to put on the rear center section. I have a harbor freight 3 ton long reach low profile and it's not long enough.

An AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ is 37 inches long, but I don't think that will be long enough. I see some guys have the ATD-7325 that's 41.5' long but that's been discontinued and replaced on ATD site with the ATD-7317 which is only 36" long. An Omega 29023 looks to be 41.5" long and is apparently the same jack as the ATD-7325. ShinnFu North America makes both jacks. Omega is their brand and they private label the ATD brand just painted a different color and the price is $440 on amazon but much cheaper at tool warehouse. Is there a jack similar to the 29023 but cheaper?

https://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/Sea...?k=Omega+29023

Old 03-23-2020, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

yeah having something long enough and still be able to pump the handle is the problem. I have an aluminum lightweight craftsman (2 ton I think...???) thats not quite low profile, but a little sleeker than a standard jack I feel., but the handle is in 2 pieces, so you can just use the one piece so its not out past the bumper. I've also not used the handles, and used something much shorter, like a handle from a smaller jack thats only about a foot long. Takes more effort to pump, but its gets the job done.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

How about we get a pic of the whole car... that thing looks clean!!!
My '01 only has 68k miles and the underside is super clean also...
Old 03-23-2020, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
BUMP!

I need something long enough and low profile enough to put on the rear center section. I have a harbor freight 3 ton long reach low profile and it's not long enough.

An AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ is 37 inches long, but I don't think that will be long enough. I see some guys have the ATD-7325 that's 41.5' long but that's been discontinued and replaced on ATD site with the ATD-7317 which is only 36" long. An Omega 29023 looks to be 41.5" long and is apparently the same jack as the ATD-7325. ShinnFu North America makes both jacks. Omega is their brand and they private label the ATD brand just painted a different color and the price is $440 on amazon but much cheaper at tool warehouse. Is there a jack similar to the 29023 but cheaper?

https://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/Sea...?k=Omega+29023

That's a real nice Jack. Now you have me thinking about buying it😂
Old 03-23-2020, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by DuckDude
yeah having something long enough and still be able to pump the handle is the problem. I have an aluminum lightweight craftsman (2 ton I think...???) thats not quite low profile, but a little sleeker than a standard jack I feel., but the handle is in 2 pieces, so you can just use the one piece so its not out past the bumper. I've also not used the handles, and used something much shorter, like a handle from a smaller jack thats only about a foot long. Takes more effort to pump, but its gets the job done.
So your hand/arm is under the car while jacking it up or....?
Old 03-23-2020, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It’s not as big of an issue if the exhaust is not in the way.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by nmass399
It’s not as big of an issue if the exhaust is not in the way.
But that CME exhaust just looks so damn good!

Old 03-23-2020, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

But that CME exhaust just looks so damn good!
Ha, it sure does
Old 03-24-2020, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

So your hand/arm is under the car while jacking it up or....?
Unfortunately yes. But I also put jacks under there wherever I can and raise them up as the car is going up, so if it does decide to take a tumble, its not going very far. I have had a vehicle fall on me and I am very cautious when raising vehicles now.
I had an '02 Tacoma 4x4 fall on me once. I was under the spare tire laying on my right side with the rear tires off and jackstands under the axle in the rear. My dumb *** wasnt thinking and started to raise the floor jack and the truck came up off the jack stands and when that happened the truck rolled backwards and came off the floorjack plate and the entire rear of the truck fell on my left side. My arms were above my head. I was F*CK!NG smashed, so much so that I couldnt breath to yell for help. After about 10 seconds my adrenaline kicked in and I was able to roll onto my back (dragging the truck with me) and I began bench pressing the spare tire up and I was scooting out from under it towards the rear passenger brake. Had to push and scoot about 10 times. I finally got out and the truck fell to the ground sitting on the rear brake drums. I was exhausted after that because of the amount of energy expelled with the adrenaline pump. I laid in the driveway for a good 5 minutes trying to get just enough energy to stand up and go inside the house. My ribs and sternum were sore for almost 2 weeks. Surprisingly no broken bones. Milk does a body good.

Quick Reply: Low Profile Floor Jack?