New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Dynoproven Mods For 02

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 1 week, I will dyno car after Electriccutout is installed....might be $200 wasted for more noise & exhaust stench ashpixiating driver...cheap buzz I suppose....I will figure out a way by then to post dynocharts on ls1tech.com
I might waste another $300 on a Granatelli MAF, as I have heard mixed results.
Slider
Old 11-02-2003, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

slider, you may be new and all, but you have a good attitude. We all appreciate your efforts to find an objective measurement as none of us want to waste money. Thanks for posting the results of your efforts... we'll be watching.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

slider, thanks for the extra info. the fipk is good to go, its proven, however its not worth it if you already have an aftermarket lid. try to get your engine to rev as quick as possible, if you're autoxing then you'll want to be in your golden rpm band for as long as possible. other then that, i'm interested to see where this thread and your quest goes
Old 11-02-2003, 08:31 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SLIDER
HEY JRP,
I scanned chart & RPM breakdown, tried to email to you, file was 12,552 KB? too large, rescanned just the chart, showing 7,552 KB?, STILL too large to email.
I know how to use my scanner, but could you tell me steps to "host it on ls1camaro.net? Thanks
Or provide a fax #, and I can fax, or I can mail you a copy of dynochart/RPM breakdown sheets....OR if you go to Dave Turners, I can mail chart to them, and you can pickup there.....
Slider
02 SS 6M
ok, to host on ls1camaro.net.

1. go to http://www.ls1camaro.net
2. click "free hosting" on the left
3. it will say you need to be a registered member. click the link that says "register"
4. fill out the registration and follow the instructions
5. once your registered click back on "free hosting" if the url does not take you back there..
6. once your on the upload menu click "browse" and then find the file in whatever directory you saved it. (i.e my documents, c:/, ect.)
7. the file can only be a max 1024x700 or something.
8. if your pic is bigger then that, open up photoshop if you have it and resized it. if you dont have photoshop and dont have another program where you know how to resize pics then you can use microsoft paint. to resize in paint open the pic and click on "attributes" you'll see you can enter a pic size, set it to 1024x700 or something.
9. once the pic is the right size and you've located it using the "browse" button click "upload"
10. once the pic is uploaded there it will show the pic and give you a url "http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/"your pic name".jpg. or you can right click and go to properties and get the url from there.
11. once you have the url them come here and make your post. paste the link in your post. if you want to have the pic show up in the post then you can use the coding:

[ img ] url [ /img ] but put no spaces. if you just paste the link it will become clickable automatically and we can just click it and see the pic ourselves.

hope this helps
Old 11-02-2003, 08:36 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

where do you road race slider? that sounds awesome, i might go that route myself someday.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jrp
where do you road race slider? that sounds awesome, i might go that route myself someday.
THANKS JRP, I WILL FOLLOW DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE IN A COUPLE DAYS, TO POST DYNOCHARTS FROM 22 HP GAIN FOR $300 W/k&n fipk.
I sent you a private message re: roadracing. I hope you receive it. Check out www.speedventures.net -- I will be at Buttonwillow (by Bakersfield CA), NOV 7, and www.opentrackracing.com -- I will be at Willow Springs DEC 3 (by Rosamond CA) AWESOME AWESOME FUN -- $125 - 140 for a whole day of fun.
Just like increasing HP, suspension mods are endless, but the 3 I would start with are: Eibach Prokit, Koni Adjustables (shox.com $850 package), and subframe connectors ($150 - 200 depending on where you go). I will probably post all charts at same time (NEXT weekend) -- 1. K&N FIPK, 2. Cutout & TB bypass, and 3. Granatelli MAF.....See ya