Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 temp guage replacement??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 temp guage replacement??

I know you can't replace the entire cluster with a 98s model but I want a temp guage.

can I just buy a water temp guage and if so how do I install it and what not cuz I'm really sick of not able to tell when my car is heating up. sometimes my car is cold to the touch and then sometimes it is scalding hot.

thanks
mike
Old 11-03-2003, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Umm.... I think the sender is what gives the faulty readings.... It is located in the head above the #1 cylinder. I just installed a whole new guage on the A-pillar. I put the sender in above the starter. Its intresting seeing just how different the stock gauge is from the new one.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:54 PM
Launching!

I'm naive to installing gauges and what you just put down was total jibberish to me sorry I don't know about the sending unit and all

but if you get time (not saying you have to) can you write me up an install for a temp guage. Or where to find a write up would be cool too

Thanks
Mike
Old 11-04-2003, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... Find out first if you can mess with the stocker, maybe you can get some accurate readings out of it before you go an install a set of gauges. If you decide to get the gauges, drop me an e-mail and I'll tell you how to do it.

Old 11-05-2003, 12:31 AM
Launching!

I do plan on getting the gauages soon. I'm have a cam in the mail then I'll be gettin some guages to watch my temp and my air (rich,lean)