New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vacumm line for ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009 | 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Default vacumm line for ls1

so i am doing a ls1 swap in a vehicle and see that my engine has a 3/8 vac port on the back of the drivers valve cover, front of the pass valve cover and one that comes out the knock sensor plate. then i see that they can be ran to the vac port ont he top of the trottle body and there is one in the intake right behind the trottle body. I figured i would take the one on the drivers cover and run it into the port behind the trottle body then the ones in the pass side cover and knock sensor cover T them together and run them into the throttle body. Any suggestions on a better way to route them? Thanks for the help
Old 06-26-2009 | 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

Driver rear to pass rear. Pass front to tb. Velleycover (knock sensor plate) to intake behind tb.
Old 06-26-2009 | 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

i dont think i have a pass rear but i will connect them together and then to the throttle body. thanks for the help!
Old 06-28-2009 | 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

that's your pcv system so you should have a pcv valve in there from the hose coming out of the valley cover and going to the side of the intake
Old 06-28-2009 | 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

What vehicle is your LS1 out of?? F-bodies never came with an LS6 style PCV (PCV port on valley cover), unless someone converted it. The LS6 style is a much better system.

I would just run a hose from the throttle body to the pass side valve cover (front, 90 degree port) and then run a hose from the valley cover to the intake. Thats the way the stock LS6 style PCV system is set up. You could also run hoses from the rear ports on the valve covers up to the throttle body port for extra ventilation, but it shouldn't be necessary.