New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New windsheild for FREE!!!!!!!!!! WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009 | 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default New windsheild for FREE!!!!!!!!!! WTF!

Ok, i went on a road trip from Ny to FL, on my way back im almost out of pennsylvania and all of a sudden a toyota camry shoots a rock at my windshield and chips it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUMMER!!!

So i call my insurance company "Geico" they say, you have glass you can get it fixed for free, then i heard usually if they fix it i still can tell its there, so i decide............ new windshield for free.. SWEET!!!!

They said it would like factory like brand new same as stock. I can tell the moldings around the windshield are different, and they didnt tighten my driver wiper arm down correctly and it doesnt tuck down all the way. So im pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My T-tops sqeak now too!!!!!!

by the way the company that installed my windsheild is SAFELITE AUTO GLASS

anyone hear anything bad from them or good? Also the black plastic piece around my wiper cowl looks like it isnt flush anymore let alone i think they tried to glue it on!

I will post pics later, can people start posting there car windshields, around the trim and moldings? thanks i dont want to have to bug my friend to come with me tomorrow when i get it fixed! THANKS!!! I hope it's still save to go fast with it being after market.... im kinda scared now

Last edited by pitbull14218; 06-30-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-30-2009 | 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was hopeing to get a response before i leave work this sucks, i feel like i should of just took the chip instead!
Old 06-30-2009 | 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 06-30-2009 | 02:51 PM
On The Tree

i have geico as well and have a cracked windshield hope i dont get the same thing . . . but i have seen this same problem on here with aftermarket windshields
Old 06-30-2009 | 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

What does GEICO or any other insurance company have to do with the quality of a windshield replacement other than recommending a shop? Seems to me it's the installers fault. Any repair is only as good as the technician.
Old 06-30-2009 | 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
What does GEICO or any other insurance company have to do with the quality of a windshield replacement other than recommending a shop? Seems to me it's the installers fault. Any repair is only as good as the technician.
Yup i would talk to the shop, if their legit they should fix it.
Old 07-01-2009 | 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, yeah i know, i called the shop up and made an appt today @ 5pm, but it pisses me off alot My car see's occasional speeds of over 100mph so i really hope this windsheild is as good as factory, but they said i wouldnt even notice a difference between this and the stock.