Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qtp

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Qtp

Whats up all...so after the 15th of this month i'm making the purchase for some QTP headers on my stock LS1 but i still have a few questions....here they go: whats the diffrence between race style QTP headers vs Ls1 emission headers. and do the gaskets come with them or are they sold separtely. last but not least: whats the easiest way to intall header? anything helps...thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Race style won't have any egr or a.i.r. hook up and the stock one will.Depends on the year they may or may not have egr at all. They should come with gaskets.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02 35thLE
Race style won't have any egr or a.i.r. hook up and the stock one will.Depends on the year they may or may not have egr at all. They should come with gaskets.
X2..........I have the QTP race style on my SS
Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

just a little confused....it sounds like i need to get an emission style header cause i'm all stock at the moment, but does it really matter? i plan on changing the stock performance a little later. would i benift more off the race style headers in the future?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

if you get race style headers you will have to delete the egr and air system, if you do this you must get a tune so that your check engine light will go off becase without it all you will throw codes.
and also be sure you can pass emmission on your inspection without all of the emmission junk.

emission headers have hookups so that you can just rehook your air system tubes and egr valve. emmission and race headers have no impact on how much power you will make.

when i installed my race headers i took out the complete air system along with the egr and just threw it all in the trash. then i got the car on jackstands about 1 1/2 feet of the ground and took out the stock manifolds threw the bottom. then put the headers in threw the bottom and bolted them in. be sure to buy o2 extensions so you can hook up your o2s because the bung is further back on headers and stock wireing will not reach. any other questions feel free to ask.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Also, if you get the emission type headers and delete the A.I.R. system, egr, etc. at a later date, you can plug where the hookups were on the headers
Old 07-09-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Right on you guys appreciate the addvice....now i just got to wait til the 15th...
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

So i had plans to go with QTP race headers but they wont be making any untill they officialy reroot them selfs into there new place of buisness...Now i'm thinking Kooks 1 3/4 pipe bore ...any how heres my question if i plan to swap heads...say AFR 215 or 225 will i need to switch out headers or are there the headers compatible on the pipe bore side...cause buying headers twice for a set of heads seems pricey...at the moment my motor is all stock other than my suspension...can you guys help me out i'd like to make the purchase soon but the right one....thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I have QTP Race Style. It Doesn't come with the exhaust gaskets. You will need O2 Extensions. I had to disconnect the drivers side motor mount to fit the header in there. Passanger side went in like cake. Love the headers. I also have the QTP dual cut out y pipe and have had zero problems with the QTP Setup minus the fact it does sit a little low on my dropped (Eibach Prokit) Z28. Good Luck!
Old 08-15-2009, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oxblood!z28
So i had plans to go with QTP race headers but they wont be making any untill they officialy reroot them selfs into there new place of buisness...Now i'm thinking Kooks 1 3/4 pipe bore ...any how heres my question if i plan to swap heads...say AFR 215 or 225 will i need to switch out headers or are there the headers compatible on the pipe bore side...cause buying headers twice for a set of heads seems pricey...at the moment my motor is all stock other than my suspension...can you guys help me out i'd like to make the purchase soon but the right one....thanks

They will work fine with any set of aftermarket heads. If you plan to do any major power upgrades. You might want to go ahead and get 1 7/8" headers. They will help make a little more power in the long run. 1 3/4" are proven for high horse applications as well though. So you can't really go wrong with either size.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

hey thanks WhiteRhino i do plan on shooting for a power adder something like a S/C and 215 or 225 heads....at the moment though i have stock heads...so perhaps 1 7/8 will be straight