New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this MAF be the culprit? Please read!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could this MAF be the culprit? Please read!

So i ve been having some lean and misfire issues... i changed the plugs... which fixed my misfire.. But still got the Random Multiple Misfire code.. Along with both banks lean.. Changed my fuel filter, Now iam looking at the MAF... Its not a stock MAF.. Its a Delphi.. But underneath where the part number sticker should be which it isnt.. Is hand engraved BB6603... Now i know that wont mean anything... But what i do suspect is that this MAF was tuned? Can a MAF be tuned? I remember when i bought the car the guy said he bought the lid an MAF from craigslist.. Seeing how it was engraved... It was numbered for something.. Which, has me thinking i need a new MAF.. It is also descreened.. I have looked at a lot of pictures.. an it looks identical to the Z06 style MAF.. Its all plastic.. Unlike the normal F body MAFs... So what do you all think? Is it worth swapping out? Thanks

Edit : I forgot to mention... This MAF is also using the harness extension for the different plug style.. If that makes any difference
Old 08-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a oiled air filter (k&n)? if so carefully clean the maf sensors with a q-tip soaked in gas. also if you suspect the maf disconnect and run it. the pcm will run on speed density and should improve problem if its the culprit. mafs can cause strange issues especially if soaked in oil/dirty.

btw delphi made a majority of the mafs for gm it probably is original equipment maybe from a different vehicle?