Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iat sensor check engine light, after installing slp lid

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question iat sensor check engine light, after installing slp lid

After installing the SLP aftermarket life i have a service engine soon code defined as intake air temperature sensor

the rubber gromet isnt on inside the lid, it fell apart when taking it out of the stock setup.

does it need the rubber gromet in order to not have a service engine soon light?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z28Camaro317
After installing the SLP aftermarket life i have a service engine soon code defined as intake air temperature sensor

the rubber gromet isnt on inside the lid, it fell apart when taking it out of the stock setup.

does it need the rubber gromet in order to not have a service engine soon light?
i couldnt answer your question about the gromet, but when i did something as little as change the oil the service engine light came on and all i did was reset it,
which is a sinple process, just turn key to accessory, pump gas 5 times (floor it) then hold gas down for 5 seconds, let off and turn over engine, that should reset your gauges therefore clearing that service engine light
Old 09-15-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No the grommet is only to seal the lid to the IAT sensor. All the IAT is simply measure air temp, you could leave it out of the lid and it shouldn't throw a code.

Try clearing the code as described above, if it still comes back you'll have to start troubleshooting the wires or replacing the sensor itself. You could try cleaning it with MAF cleaner while you have it back out.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you put the one from you old lid into the SLP?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Teching In

put new sensor in, no code... yet, i just need to get a rubber gromet from lowes to seal it in

Quick Reply: iat sensor check engine light, after installing slp lid