New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know CA smog limitations???

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Question Anyone know CA smog limitations???

I really want a set of LTs for my SS. Have done a little research on emissions standards, but it's all numbers and percentages that are frankly beyond my capacity. Anybody know exactly how far I can push my mods and still pass smog? Also, if anyone has or knows of a set of LTs that I can get to pass smog in CA, let me know??
Old 09-13-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Revo1
I really want a set of LTs for my SS. Have done a little research on emissions standards, but it's all numbers and percentages that are frankly beyond my capacity. Anybody know exactly how far I can push my mods and still pass smog? Also, if anyone has or knows of a set of LTs that I can get to pass smog in CA, let me know??
its highly unlikely you will be able to pass the sniffer with LTs. you will have to buy a smog to pass
Old 09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the sniffers are not the worst problem you'll have (that can always be fixed), its the visual. if there's a change, they're going to want to have the exemption # of the parts you added.

Its sad to me that you could be putting out pure water and they'd fail you because the parts didn't get Cali's stamp of approval (which is veryyy expensive).