Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torn seats,what is my options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torn seats,what is my options?

on my 98 trans am the driver side seat is got two large tears on it and i was curious what is my best option to fix it.I was originally looking to just get the front two seats re upholstered back to factory color with charcoal inserts on them.But i cant find a good place that i can purchase the seat skins at.If you know a site that sells Good quality covers let me know because i can install them myself.

Or option 2,For about the same money as re doing my seats i could get aftermarket.but i was worried about the comfort of these seats.I drive my car alot on trips and comfort is a big part to me.So if you run a racing seat post some pics and tell me a little bit about them
Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

interested in this also!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in MI there is a guy that travels around and repairs seats. My Dad has used him a few times. You just make sure you clean the entire seat as best you can before he comes out to your house. Because he color matches it on the spot. He does most all of the dealership repairs in the area. So if the rest of your seat is in relatively good condition, call around to some dealers and see if they have a guy they use.
I think it usually runs around $60 for a repair.