Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered a Loudmouth!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sabbath87
thats wierd that slp LM is so popular and everyone says they dont like them. oh well, i still cant wait to hear my car with its new voice!

It's because there aren't that many choices for quality catbacks anymore unless you want to spend over $700. Plus SLP is the name even someone brand new to 4th gens knows and considers a good company to buy stuff from. Also every newbie that gets a 4th gen instantly wants the loudest car out there as that's what they consider a symbol of speed. After a while the drone and resonance from the LM's (especially the LM1) gets really really annoying. Add headers and other mods and it goes over the top for most people who drive there cars more than once a week. While I have an LM2 on mine (was on there when I bought it) I would never have purchased this exhaust setup myself for the above reasons. Now what exhaust to get in it's place that actually sounds good and doesn't also drone? Well that's a tough question that I can't answer as I've been researching it myself to replace my LM2. BTW, sound clips on the internet do not capture the true decibel levels of these systems.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

I used to have the dual LM2 setup when I first got my car.

I liked it, but I wish I had someone to tell me to wait and get Headers/TSP true duals.

In any case OP, you will enjoy them, but be prepared to ditch them just in case they are a little to annoying with headers.

For what it's worth, I have a set of LPP headers and a TSP sweet thunder true dual setup, and it's loud as ****, but had no rasp, even before the cam
Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

like the other guy said it depends on the person, i have loudmouth 1 with lt's ory and a cam and its extremely loud.. with a lot of rasp.. at idle i think its the best sounding exhaust there is but as far as driving down the road its very raspy, i like it but some people hate it. Also WOT is ridicously loud
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the LM1 on my car when it was stock and with LT and a cam. Stock it sounded great and was pretty cool. When I did the cam, LT's and the stall it was very loud. Thing is I actually liked it that way. I have a smaller cam and it made it sound like I had a much larger cam then what is actually in there. On the freeway I had people stop me on exit ramps to ask what the hell was in my car. I now have the GMMG exaust because it sounds a little more tuned and is not as loud so my wife will actually ride in the car with me. I actually miss my LM1 because it really made the car sound meaner then what it is.
As for the drone and rasp....I liked the rasp a bit and the drone could be killed by my 1400watt audio system anytime I chose to. I also have the car deadened with Dynamat so it really wasn't an issue.
For the record I do love the GMMG as well...it did quiet things down though...a little.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

This thread I recently posted may offer some help:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...dynomouth.html
Old 10-07-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I do love the GMMG as well...it did quiet things down though...a little.
I have GMMG also with Kooks LT's and Catted Y with a cam similar to VRX3 cam and everyone loves it. Went over a friend house after I got it all done and one of them came outside and said they thought it was thundering outside. My bad back to the subject at hand, it is a little quieter than the LM but it has an unbelieveable tone to it. I prefer something with a good or great tone than just compared to be loud. An I don't have all the drone and rasp that the LM gave me. But hell when I had my LM I didn't have headers on it also which would have made it worser.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

I thought about a LM1 long and hard even before I actually purchased my car. But after hearing alot of sound clips I thought it sounded luck a truck with straight pipes. I started to hear GMMG sound clips and realized that it would be worth the extra coin.

But really its just up to what you like. Me, I like my "over priced" chambered catback. lol
Old 10-07-2009, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow a ton of LM1 haters.

Here is your recipe for disaster plus a video.

My old car:
LT's
Catted Y
LM1
CAM
and Procharged.. Pushing a ton more air through the exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WjudD_aruo

I know.. I know.. Sounds sick right? I thought so too until I sold it..
Old 10-07-2009, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MjMaro
This thread I recently posted may offer some help:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...dynomouth.html
pacesetter LT and ory pipe was going to be my next mod. sense it seems like the LM might be a little too much for that setup, how much quieter is the bullet? or maybe i sould get a diffrent muffler when i get the LT and ory. i might of forgot to mention i daily drive my car for now
Old 10-07-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that video I sent you was the bullet style setup. i guess thats the LM2??? With the LT's and ypipe it screamed up top and was a little raspy at times. I loved the way it sounded I just wanted something different.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000SS1979
Wow a ton of LM1 haters.

Here is your recipe for disaster plus a video.

My old car:
LT's
Catted Y
LM1
CAM
and Procharged.. Pushing a ton more air through the exhaust.
nice! too bad you sold it.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

i have the tsp x-pipe with bullets, pretty much the best sound you can make with a ls1. at cruise it has a bad *** rumble. at about 4000 rpm at wot the sound is amazing and just keeps getting crazier with rpm will never change my exhuast. i have had slp loudmouth on my 03 cobra and it was crazy loud.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm probably one of the few who is going from duals to a catback but I miss the ridiculous sound you get with a big cam/heads/longtubes/no cats/lm1 or gmmg. I had that setup with GMMG on my trans am before it was totalled and with my tp4400 converter, it was loud! When I got the z28, I decided to go true duals for the extra power and the car is still really loud but it's a much deeper sound with lots of bass. I know most people love that sound better and I did too but I guess I'm just getting old of the bass and want a screaming y-pipe setup again, so I'm going with an ORY and a loudmouth with a classic chambered inc muffler(similar to gmmg). I'll have duals electric cutouts installed shortly after the headers so I can still get all the power of a more free flowing setup.
I think you'll love the LM1
Old 10-07-2009, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

BTW all my clips are on youtube under "detoxx03"
Old 10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

I had the loud mouth 1
it was Newbie mistake.
Goodluck.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by desertLS1
I had the loud mouth 1
it was Newbie mistake.
Goodluck.
Same here. I'm ready for a change. It was fine when I just had the LM1 and a lid, but after adding LT's and ORY it gets annoying on the highway. Couldn't imagine if I had a cam. Still enjoy the WOT sound, I might just make it a borla/dyno/whatever mouth to tone it down some.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

duals> any catback > LM1...same goes for when you add headers and a cam. EVERYTHING sounds good at WOT. EVERYTHING. videos of that are useless. you cant tell from a video whats its going to be like to live with a certain exhaust type. hell open headers sounds great on a video and is the loudest you can get, but no one in their right mind could live with that. have fun switching catbacks later on
Old 10-07-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

I'm in the minority.....I really like my LM1 and when I get a came I can always throw a muffler on it if it is too loud.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
I'm in the minority.....I really like my LM1 and when I get a came I can always throw a muffler on it if it is too loud.
Just wait until you do more mods
Old 10-08-2009, 02:05 AM
On The Tree

it all goes on sunday. ive been tired of my exhaust being so quiet for a while. so i think 9 of 10 people either just dont like the LM or get tired of it. thanks for the feedback everyone! im sure im going to be one of the few that love this exhaust. ive always wanted a screaming loud car