New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm getting FRUSTRATED!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009 | 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Should be able to beat those kids with the buzzing mufflers at only 38% throttle.
Old 11-02-2009 | 02:50 PM
Teching In

hell a buddy of mine made 309/333 on about 65% wot on an auto, cam, stall and bolt ons because of his throttle cable.
Old 11-05-2009 | 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2001slppewterss
yep....it was the cable.....It was only reading 79.22% throttle in my diablosport tuner when floored it, I got it reading 100.1% now, and the car feels insane......i've been driving it for 6 months like this at 79.22% and I thought it was pretty fast...I even beat a few mustangs over the last few months...lol......but now especially with the diablo tune and now that the cable is right.....it feels sooooo fast.....it shifts sooo hard into 2nd gear, and also when going 40 it will now downshift into 1st gear and burn the tires all the way to 2nd gear!!!!

Thanks guys for helping me figure this out!!!
I'm glad it worked out for ya! It's easy to adjust but not many people know about it. The only thing that stinks is that non traction controlled vehicles do not have this adjustment for their cables.
Old 11-05-2009 | 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hamrdown
I'm glad it worked out for ya! It's easy to adjust but not many people know about it. The only thing that stinks is that non traction controlled vehicles do not have this adjustment for their cables.
Well technically speaking we (Non TCS cars) can't adjust the cable, but you can "adjust" the hold down bracket to tweek the WOT TPS reading.
Old 11-05-2009 | 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

^Yeah, thats a little ghetto though. I made an adjustable cable bracket for my TA since it doesn't have traction control like my Z28. On the throttle cable bracket instead of two holes for the bolts I made elongated slots so that you can loosen the bolts and slide the bracket back and forth then retighten the bolts and your good.