Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laying Drags

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laying Drags

Yesterday I got a ticket for "laying drags." I was pulled over after I turned left coming out of a parking lot. After I turned I got on the gas a little and spun my tires a bit but nothing crazy. A cop that I passed infront of heard me and pulled me over about thirty seconds later. I told him it was not intentional and I am not so stupid as to do a burn out in front of a cop. He gave me the ticket after threatening to "bring me in on wreckless driving," ohh by the way the roads where wet it was raining we all know how easy it is to get the back end to break free on wet pavement.
Has anyone else had something like this happen? Can anyone give me some help or advice on this?
Old 12-14-2003, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn man that sucks, Im sure you will get it dismissed if you have a clean record, I defiantly know how easy it is to break em loose espically in the rain, however I always leave my ASR on when it's raining. Good Luck

Wes
Old 12-15-2003, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

wes...ASR is for PUSSIES...whatever u say, don't say ur tires were bald, then they will def slap u with whatever they can, just say u were turning out, it was raining, with the power of the car, and the transfer of the weight, it was hard not to and was a mistake...good luck
Old 12-15-2003, 05:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

hmm. I got about 3 of these tickets last year at my highschool. The on-duty cop was a jackass and even after nice explanation wrote me a ticket each time. Just contest it and prove your case to the judge.(Like HOSS was saying mention the rain,the power of the car, and the transfer of the weight,and rear wheel drive). You might get lucky and the judge would feel sorry for you. Oh andmake sure when you are explaing to the judge you dont sound cocky. I know it doesnt seem like a big deal but when you are talking it is easy to do so. I speak from experince. Oh FYI i got two of those three tickets dismissed.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

cool thanks guys, I posted this in the kill section b/c cause the guys there are usually cool and helpful. they just talked crap there. thanks for the help.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:36 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, just fight it with the whole rain/power thing. You should be alright.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that was one stupid pig.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:39 PM
STF Veteran

What HOSS said.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Launching!

dude i got a ticket for reckless driving for supposedly spinning tires. Come to find out spinning tires is only a improper driving the judge told the deputy . The deputy said i spun tires for about 20 yards but that i didn't fish tail..no sense in that statement..anywho the Judge asked me directly what happened i said i didn't spin tires and he said i wasn't guilty of what that ticket said so he let me go. And my driving record says i have a -3 on points. it was dry and sunny and the judge told me the only thing that i could have been found guilty of is noise pollution LOL yea whatever so dude if it was raining you shouldn't have any problem...
Old 12-15-2003, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

LMAO I love school cops
Old 12-15-2003, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would plead for improper start.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:01 PM
Restricted User

the school cop at my high school is awesome. basically he was like, stop fishtailing around the rows of cars. do it as much as you want in or out of the parking lot though, oh and leave the cut-out open it sounds bad-***!

Quick Reply: Laying Drags