New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some buying advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an update, the car in salem (greenville craigslist) was already sold before the link was posted, I called the guy the next day and he said it sold a couple of weeks before I called him. I still can't decide on the 98 I've been looking at, I'd really like to find a hardtop in a little bit better shape but I guess I'll have to save some more money first. So as of right now I'm still looking for an ls1 f body that needs some work for CHEAP.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's hard sometimes to walk away from a car, especially when at that moment in time you don't see another one close to your price range. Been there. Not your fault, it's a disease that we all have. One thing I've found to be true though, now that I've passed the half-century mark in life, is that another car ( and a better one, too) will Always come along. It may cost a little more, but it will be twice the car and a fraction of the stress, aggravation and heartache in the long run. Case in point, the other day I bought a Craptacular '90 Mustang GT for $1600 that didn't even run ( just 'coz another guy showed up at the same time as me, really...) and then yesterday I found a '99 Z28, 96k, 6 speed , T Tops, perfect leather, yaddy blah blah, one owner car that just needs a fuel pump for $3k ( truly nice car!). Ten times the car for $1400 bucks more. Luckily I had the cake so now the Camaro is mine too. Now I gotta dump the crappy 'Stang! Try to be patient and know that your gonna end up with a good one! Gotta go now, I just saw another POS drive by with a For Sale sign on it!Good Luck

Last edited by jcbache; 03-10-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol. That's some good advice jcbache. I have decided to hold off for a while and see if I can find a better deal (I don't mean cheaper, just better). I've seen some good deals locally since that one, cars that are a little more that just need minor work, I'm gonna hold on to some money for a little while and see what else I can find. Thanks

Quick Reply: Need some buying advice