New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have 4000, need 400-450 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was in this thread first so your really retarded keep telling people there wrong and enjoying your self
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey you guys....please stop the argueing and insults. i'd just like some quality advice Without the bs you know? If i wanted to buy a brand new cam with brand new heads to make 400-450 rwhp, what should i get? not refurbished or rebuilt or anything like that.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
i was in this thread first so your really retarded keep telling people there wrong and enjoying your self
Yeah you were in this one first. Also great advice.

Originally Posted by 98z28CamaroJG
hey you guys....please stop the argueing and insults. i'd just like some quality advice Without the bs you know? If i wanted to buy a brand new cam with brand new heads to make 400-450 rwhp, what should i get? not refurbished or rebuilt or anything like that.
First off, **** you.

If you're gonna get a new cam, then a custom grind is the only way to go. Like I said earlier customs are really just an educated guess as to what you want/need. Everybody has a different opinion of what's better and every car is different. You might could buy an off the shelf cam and have everything you want and more, but you might not. And since customs take what you have and what you want in to consideration you're more likely to get closer on the first try. If there is someone local that has a cammed setup try to get a feel for what your after by checking theirs out.

Tuning is really important in enjoying a cam as well so do your homework on that as well.

As for the heads, it doesn't really matter. They're all really close and you should hit your goals easily with any of them.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For custom cam information do you know any good places or people to call or get in touch with for information? Also, if you had my goal, what are some heads you would consider using?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Patrick G