Sponsored by:

2002 Ram Air Ws6 Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 06:34 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SLP LS1
depends what parts you are talking about!
just about everything, headers, heads, cam, LM, bellows, lid, ect.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:05 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I'm kind of in your situation also, with the warranty that is. The loudmouth is good, stainless steel, but if you want lower deeper sound try flowmaster. They all just about produce the same horsepower. If I were you, I would just figure out what tone I would want for my car!

and to let you know flowmaster has the worst flowing exhuast out there, even dyno proven to loose hp over other catbacks.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your exactly right

If I were you I would stick with the factory gears, 3.73 is not even worth it. I would just wait until your warranty is up on the car for h/c or s/c. There is no point in burning up more gas just for a little less time in a 1/4. You're trying to keep this car street driveable right.
After thinking about it and reading everybodys post, I think I am going to take care of the induction, put on some headers, swap out the chamber on the loudmouth with a borla muffler, and leave the gears factory. yes, I do want to keep the car street driveable as much as possible. Do plan on upgrading the engine compartment as far as looks. Such a bad *** looking car need a bad *** looking engine compartment. Thanks again
Old 01-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Default Mods for the WS6

I own a 2002 WS6 also.These are the mods I have done to mine(they are'nt alot compared to some out there).I replaced the stock muffler with a flowmaster.I noticed some gain without the extreme loud resonance.I replaced the factory air lid,filter,bellow.Noticed a considerable gain when coupled with the muffler.Then came the SLP y-pipe.Then the best mod to date was the 4.10 gears.The car feels lighter.Don't have to down shift so much to accelerate.It keeps the RPM's up where the LS1 likes to be.I also
installed the strut tower brace and sub frame connectors. The first thing I would do is install the sub frame connectors.I have also owned 3rd gen camaros/trans ams and although the 4th gens are much better they will still start to develop rattles within 10,000 miles if you don't install the sub frame connectors.Hope this is of some help.Enjoy your WS6;I would not trade mine for anything in the world.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JDPZ28
4.10's aren't that bad on gas(depending on how hard you put your foot in it
at 80mph in 6th I turn around 2250rpm.
]

With my cam, headers, lid, 4.10 gears, and SSRA I dynoed at 394rwhp/380rwtq. On a recent trip I averaged 25 to the gallon on the highway.

Quick Reply: 2002 Ram Air Ws6 Mod Questions