Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb question on 02 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newb question on 02 sensors

Going w/ true duals (2.5") However, car is my daily driver, and I want run cats (prob. dyno high-flows) I know to get the front extensions, but should I get rear sims? Or should I get another, longer set of extensions for the after cat sensors? I don't want to throw any codes, and I don't have easy access to a tuner or LS1edit. This is my last question before I start ordering all the stuff - headers, xpipe, tubing, cats, mufflers, turndowns etc. I tried a search, but seems that every body running true duals are doing so w/o cats. I still need to pass emissions (TX) Thanks for any input.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd get rear sims... the rear O2s are only there to measure the performance of the cats... not needed IMHO.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:57 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

You won't need extensions for the front 02 sensors. They should reach the front two locations on your headers just fine without any lengthening. You will however need extensions for the rear two regardless if you use 02 sensors or sims.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
You won't need extensions for the front 02 sensors. They should reach the front two locations on your headers just fine without any lengthening. You will however need extensions for the rear two regardless if you use 02 sensors or sims.
Sorry but this is wrong.

If he is running stock manifolds, then no he won't need front O2 extensions. If he is running LT's then yes he'll need front O2 extensions.

Now you DO NOT need extensions for O2 sims. O2 sims are a small box that just clip into the O2 harness.

Also don't bother running rear O2's if you are changing the position or style of cat. You'll be running a high risk of setting the SES light anyways. Just do sims or get the rear O2's turned off via Edit.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up

What he said.