Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Power steering pulley?

So I am 90% sure its my power steering pulley that is giving me an awful chirping noise, and it wobbles a little. Already replaced belts, greased tensioners, ect.

So my question is where is the best place to buy a new one? Any sponsors sell it? Already tried, napa, pepboys, orielly and autozone. Would rather stay away from ebay because I would like option of faster shipping because it is very embarrassing to drive with it.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know the answer but I definitely would like to!
It is embarassing me too.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you sure it's your ps pulley? Mine wobbles a little too. I have that annoying chirp sound and I thought it was in the main drive belt also. Until I took the main drive belt off. The chirping didn't go away with the main belt removed. I now believe it to be the A/C pulleys. Just make sure before you go throwing parts at it.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I have done that, I think its my p/s pulley because I stomped on it yesterday and the squeeling stopped. So when I got home popped my hood and the belt was a little off track on the p/s pulley. So I put it on straight again and it squeels. So I put it one notch off track again and it stops. Then put it back on track and it squeels again.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The pulley won't wobble unless the pump bearings are bad.

When mine went out I bought a Turn One billet pulley cause the stock one is POS plastic. Plus the Turn One is slotted so you can get to the pump bolts really easily. If you go back with your stock drill 3 holes in it so you can get a socket in there.... When you start working on it you will see what I mean....

Quick Reply: Power steering pulley?